Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Jack Smith document case in trouble; possible evidence tampering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by View Post
    It's not a witch hunt. You're just a brain dead puppet. And no Biden didn't order anything. All Trump needed do to avoid all of this was to cooperate fully with the FBI and return the documents instead of lying, hiding them, or in other words obstructing the FBI and that is why he is in this mess which "his judge" as he calls her, is doing everything she can do to save him from.
    Judge Cannon isn't doing anything but exposing the corruption of Jack Smith and his team. Or, rather, by slowing the trial down, she has forced them to expose themselves. It's a real world example of the adage that if you give someone enough rope, they will eventually hang themselves.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      Nevermind Joe's conflict of interest in overriding the executive privilege of his predecessor who is running against him, right?
      Assuming for the sake of argument that Joe had a conflict of interest, you'll notice that he let someone else make the decision.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic View Post

Assuming for the sake of argument that Joe had a conflict of interest, you'll notice that he let someone else make the decision.
        Seems to be Joe's modus operandi: just let somebody else make the decision.

Except the director of National Archives said herself that the action against President Trump was "requested by the incumbent President".

Comment

Seems to be Joe's modus operandi: just let somebody else make the decision.
          I guess he suspected that some people would accuse him of having a conflict of interest.

Except the director of National Archives said herself that the action against President Trump was "requested by the incumbent President".
          The incumbent president requested that NARA give the classified documents (that they had received from Trump) to the FBI so they could do their job and investigate potential mishandling of classified documents, and also investigate what damage might have been done while they were inadequately protected. And he did so at the request of the DOJ. What's your point?

Comment

Judge Cannon isn't doing anything but exposing the corruption of Jack Smith and his team. Or, rather, by slowing the trial down, she has forced them to expose themselves. It's a real world example of the adage that if you give someone enough rope, they will eventually hang themselves.
            Oh please, Jack Smith is an independent with an impeccable career and the only reason you call him corrupt is the same reason you'd call whoever it was handling the case corrupt, because of your biased mindset and lack of critical thinking skills. Cannon slowed the case down for one reason and one reason only, because she's corrupt and beholden to Trump who appointed her in the first place. But suppose you tell us exactly what the corruption is that you claim of Smith and his team. "The corruption."

Comment

Given that the decision was the direct result of a request by the "incumbent president" (old Joe) I don't think you can pass the buck here.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                Given that the decision was the direct result of a request by the "incumbent president" (old Joe) I don't think you can pass the buck here.
                I don't think Biden had any conflict of interest in responding to the DOJ's request to have NARA provide the classified documents to the FBI.

(And allowing the FBI to do their job seems like a no-brainer, at least for Democrats.)

Comment

Oh please, Jack Smith is an independent with an impeccable career and the only reason you call him corrupt is the same reason you'd call whoever it was handling the case corrupt, because of your biased mindset and lack of critical thinking skills. Cannon slowed the case down for one reason and one reason only, because she's corrupt and beholden to Trump who appointed her in the first place. But suppose you tell us exactly what the corruption is that you claim of Smith and his team. "The corruption."
                  Smith has an impeccable career? That's hilarious. He has had multiple cases overturned on appeal (one by an 8-0 decision from the US Supreme Court!) or that ended in a mistrial due to his corruption, among other ignominious "achievements".

https://americafirstpolicy.com/issue...aks-for-itself

Watching him crash and burn in front of Judge Cannon is just business as usual for Jackass Smith.

Comment

Smith has an impeccable career? That's hilarious. He has had multiple cases overturned on appeal (one by an 8-0 decision from the US Supreme Court!) or that ended in a mistrial due to his corruption, among other ignominious "achievements".

Watching him crash and burn in front of Judge Cannon is just business as usual for Jackass Smith.
                    The only substantive criticism of Jack Smith at your link is this:

The High Court also rebuked Smith and warned that “the uncontrolled power of criminal prosecutors is a threat to our separation of powers.”

But it appears to be fake news. Jack Smith was not the prosecutor in the case, and no evidence has been provided that he was micromanaging it.

The quote is not in the Supreme Court opinion. You can search for Smith, uncontrolled, prosecutors, threat, separation, or powers, and won't find anything. The Court did decide that the definition of "official act" should be narrower than what the District Court and 4th Circuit were happy with.

I also used google to search for the quote and there is nothing prior to 2023. The earliest mention of it that I can find was from Rod Blagojevich on 6/11/23, a few days after Trump was indicted. I'm sure Blagojevich is grateful to Trump for commuting his sentence.

Comment

The only substantive criticism of Jack Smith at your link is this:

The High Court also rebuked Smith and warned that “the uncontrolled power of criminal prosecutors is a threat to our separation of powers.”
                      That and his multiple cases that ended in mistrials, as well as his unsavory associations with Obama hatchet-man Eric "The Wingman" Holder.

Comment

That and his multiple cases that ended in mistrials, as well as his unsavory associations with Obama hatchet-man Eric "The Wingman" Holder.
                        You can't win every case, especially when you are the supervisor, rather than the prosecutor. And even if you hate Holder, do you really have to hate everyone who worked under him?

Comment

MM, everyone knows that no matter who the prosecutor was you'd be criticizing him as being corrupt. As far as you're concerned, everyone is corrupt except for your cult leader who quite obviously is as corrupt as any human being could be.

Comment

You can't win every case, especially when you are the supervisor, rather than the prosecutor. And even if you hate Holder, do you really have to hate everyone who worked under him?
                            Smith working for Holder wouldn't necessarily be a problem in and of itself, except he was also directly involved in the Democrat plot against President Trump.

From 2010 to 2015, Smith served under Obama’s Attorney General Eric Holder, leading the DOJ’s Public Integrity Section. The Obama Administration set in motion Democrats’ Coup against Trump from Day One of his presidency. (Excerpt from Lee Smith’s book, October 2019, “The Plot Against the President: The True Story of How Congressman Devin Nunes Uncovered the Biggest Political Scandal in U.S. History”).

Comment

MM, everyone knows that no matter who the prosecutor was you'd be criticizing him as being corrupt. As far as you're concerned, everyone is corrupt except for your cult leader who quite obviously is as corrupt as any human being could be.
                              To be fair, I'm only calling Jackass Smith corrupt because there is evidence that he actually is corrupt, despite your laughable claim that he has had an "impeccable career".

Comment

To be fair, I'm only calling Jackass Smith corrupt because there is evidence that he actually is corrupt, despite your laughable claim that he has had an "impeccable career".
                                Except for the fact that you've yet to establish any actual corruption on his part.

Comment