Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Jack Smith document case in trouble; possible evidence tampering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Smith working for Holder wouldn't necessarily be a problem in and of itself, except he was also directly involved in the Democrat plot against President Trump.

From 2010 to 2015, Smith served under Obama’s Attorney General Eric Holder, leading the DOJ’s Public Integrity Section. The Obama Administration set in motion Democrats’ Coup against Trump from Day One of his presidency. (Excerpt from Lee Smith’s book, October 2019, “The Plot Against the President: The True Story of How Congressman Devin Nunes Uncovered the Biggest Political Scandal in U.S. History”).

https://americafirstpolicy.com/issue...aks-for-itself
    I'm not sure why you think that is any more likely to be true than the claim that the Supreme Court rebuked Jack Smith, but just for the sake of argument, suppose it is.

Jack Smith left the Public Integrity Section to become the First Assistant U.S. Attorney in Nashville, Tenn., on February 9, 2015. Trump announced his candidacy for President on June 16, 2015.

You can't connect the dots.

Last edited by Stoic; 05-13-2024, 11:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic View Post

I'm not sure why you think that is any more likely to be true than the claim that the Supreme Court rebuked Jack Smith, but just for the sake of argument, suppose it is.

Jack Smith left the Public Integrity Section to become the First Assistant U.S. Attorney in Nashville, Tenn., on February 9, 2015. Trump announced his candidacy for President on June 16, 2015.

You can't connect the dots.
      Every story I can find says that Smith was behind the McDonnell case that was eventually overturned by the US Supreme Court:

Former Virginia Republican Gov. Robert McDonnell – once prosecuted by now-Special Counsel Jack Smith for violating federal bribery law only to see his conviction unanimously overturned by the U.S. Supreme Court – said the ex-war crimes prosecutor would rather win a case than have the facts correct.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/ex-vir...n-get-it-right

Mr Smith's stint began with the closure of some long-running investigations into members of Congress without charges, but he pressed ahead with other efforts.

Under his tenure, prosecutors brought a public corruption case against former Virginia Governor Bob McDonnell, a Republican, in a case unanimously overturned by the US Supreme Court in 2016.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-66341309

Mr. Smith’s conviction against former Virginia Gov. Robert F. McDonnell, a Republican accused of accepting payments and gifts in violation of federal public corruption laws, was overturned by the Supreme Court.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...rturned-convi/

After a stint as a war crimes prosecutor, [Jack Smith] rejoined the Justice Department to lead the public integrity section. During his tenure, the section pressed ahead with significant, but challenging, prosecutions against prominent public figures from both political parties.

Prosecutors scored a public corruption conviction against former Virginia Gov. Bob McDonnell, a Republican, but the case was later overturned by the Supreme Court.

https://apnews.com/article/jack-smit...48a8b890a9269b

Smith convicted former Republican Virginia Governor Bob McDonnell, which was later unanimously overturned by the Supreme Court.

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/news/7f...0-b6bf9fb9b4bc

So I'm not especially inclined to trust you when you say my other facts are wrong.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Every story I can find says that Smith was behind the McDonnell case that was eventually overturned by the US Supreme Court:
        Jack Smith was in charge of the Public Integrity Section when Bob McDonnell was tried and convicted by prosecutors in the Public Integrity Section. That conviction was later overturned. None of that suggests that Jack Smith was "rebuked" by the Supreme Court. It doesn't say anything bad about Jack Smith at all.

For that matter, I can't find anything that was written before Jack Smith was appointed Special Counsel, that says anything bad about him at all. I challenge you to try.

So I'm not especially inclined to trust you when you say my other facts are wrong.
        How convenient for you that you don't feel a need to defend any of your alternative facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic View Post
          Jack Smith was in charge of the Public Integrity Section when Bob McDonnell was tried and convicted by prosecutors in the Public Integrity Section. That conviction was later overturned. None of that suggests that Jack Smith was "rebuked" by the Supreme Court. It doesn't say anything bad about Jack Smith at all.

For that matter, I can't find anything that was written before Jack Smith was appointed Special Counsel, that says anything bad about him at all. I challenge you to try.

How convenient for you that you don't feel a need to defend any of your alternative facts.
          You say this after I posted nearly half a dozen sources that support me.
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

You say this after I posted nearly half a dozen sources that support me.
            Translation: I've provided so much evidence for claims that are not in dispute, that I shouldn't have to provide any evidence for claims that are in dispute.

Comment