Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Republicans voted to endanger civilization

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

I'd like to bookmark all of these wild posts that predict a Trump Tyranny so I can replay them in 2028. They're pretty funny now, but they'll be funnier in 4½ years.
    I have not predicted a Trump Tyranny. The issue is that he has made comments that are not in keeping with the ideals of your Constitution.

Certainly , and were he given the opportunity, he has the makings of a dictator.
    "It ain't necessarily so
    The things that you're liable
    To read in the Bible
    It ain't necessarily so
    ."

Sportin' Life
    Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

I have not predicted a Trump Tyranny. The issue is that he has made comments that are not in keeping with the ideals of your Constitution.

Certainly , and were he given the opportunity, he has the makings of a dictator.
      Come on....we all know how H_A works. She makes implications, she rarely makes outright claims. That way she never has to answer for her opinions. She never explicitly voiced them, therefore you can never know what she means....(else you are "mind reading")

Comment

So, you're retracting already? Smart move.

Now, what comments has he made that "are not in keeping with the ideals of [my] Constitution"?

Comment

So, you're retracting already? Smart move.

Now, what comments has he made that "are not in keeping with the ideals of [my] Constitution"?
          I cannot retract what I never wrote.

You appear to consider that Trump is a reputable individual who will make a fine president.

Many others disagree. His language has, on occasion, exhibited distinct fascist tones.

I am your justice,. The courts and legal code represent justice. Not a man. However, under authoritarian regimes power is vested in one individual who uses force to maintain social order.

I am your warrior - The leader as the embodiment of the might or force for the nation and who speaks for the nation. That sounds rather familiar to someone whose parents lived through Nazism.

[...] positive education about the nuclear family … rather than erasing the things that make men and women different. Fascism is organised around men and women having particular roles with men being dominant.

The rejection of democracy in favour of a strong man to galvanise popular rage against imagined subversive forces, male dominance, scapegoating particular groups for society's ills, references to some invented cultural superiority. and regular comments endorsing violence..

He does rather tick the boxes.

And many wonder if your Constitution will withstand any future assault he might make on it.

Would the SCOTUS hold out against him? What if he had a majority in Congress that agreed to reduce or even remove SCOTUS and replace it with some other legal authority?

What happen then?
          Last edited by Hypatia_Alexandria; 04-28-2024, 03:00 AM.
          "It ain't necessarily so
          To read in the Bible
          It ain't necessarily so
          ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

duplicate post
            "It ain't necessarily so
            To read in the Bible
            It ain't necessarily so
            ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

I cannot retract what I never wrote.

You appear to consider that Trump is a reputable individual who will make a fine president.

Many others disagree. His language has, on occasion, exhibited distinct fascist tones.

I am your justice,. The courts and legal code represent justice. Not a man. However, under authoritarian regimes power is vested in one individual who uses force to maintain social order.

I am your warrior - The leader as the embodiment of the might or force for the nation and who speaks for the nation. That sounds rather familiar to someone whose parents lived through Nazism.

[...] positive education about the nuclear family … rather than erasing the things that make men and women different. Fascism is organised around men and women having particular roles with men being dominant.

The rejection of democracy in favour of a strong man to galvanise popular rage against imagined subversive forces, male dominance, scapegoating particular groups for society's ills, references to some invented cultural superiority. and regular comments endorsing violence..

He does rather tick the boxes.

And many wonder if your Constitution will withstand any future assault he might make on it.

Would the SCOTUS hold out against him? What if he had a majority in Congress that agreed to reduce or even remove SCOTUS and replace it with some other legal authority?

What happen then?
              That sure sounds like a prediction to me; you're predicting a Trump-fascist takeover. Back to the bookmark.

At any rate and assuming any of those non-quotes are even accurate paraphrases, his audience are people who feel oppressed by a government that has become bloated and misdirected. And it's coming from a man who has particularly been targeted by that government. If similar-sounding sentiments were uttered in Germany once their basis was completely different.

Comment

That sure sounds like a prediction to me; you're predicting a Trump-fascist takeover. Back to the bookmark.

At any rate and assuming any of those non-quotes are even accurate paraphrases, his audience are people who feel oppressed by a government that has become bloated and misdirected.
                Yes similar views existed in the late 1920s although Germany then had problems the USA today does not. The government was incompetent and misdirected. Its fiscal policies were inept and there was also the rise of special interest and single issue politics. That has echoes in the USA today with the histrionics concerning trans gender issues and CRT.

I am merely referencing Trump's previous language and its underlying implications.

As I noted earlier be careful what you vote for.
                "It ain't necessarily so
                To read in the Bible
                It ain't necessarily so
                ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

At any rate and assuming any of those non-quotes are even accurate paraphrases, his audience are people who feel oppressed by a government that has become bloated and misdirected. And it's coming from a man who has particularly been targeted by that government. If similar-sounding sentiments were uttered in Germany once their basis was completely different.
                  No No No. You know this. H_A rarely makes direct assertions, she makes coy implications that she can later deny. She likes to "suggest" things that align with her unspoken opinions, but never has to defend it.

You know, if we suggest she's an anti-semite who wants to murder jews we can't be held to account because it's just a "suggestion" not a claim.

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

No No No. You know this. H_A rarely makes direct assertions, she makes coy implications that she can later deny. She likes to "suggest" things that align with her unspoken opinions, but never has to defend it.

You know, if we suggest she's an anti-semite who wants to murder jews we can't be held to account because it's just a "suggestion" not a claim.
                    I'll bookmark it just the same. If we're still around in 2028, we'll see how it reads.

Comment

I'll bookmark it just the same. If we're still around in 2028, we'll see how it reads.
                      What I love is the absolute silence of OX on this thread. You call Biden's censorship regime what it is and he says it's an unfair exaggeration. You claim that not supporting Ukraine "endangers civilization" and he's silent (and would likely argue it's perfectly legitimate)

Comment

You seem to think that the present system can control him and those like him. That remains to be seen but I hope it can.
                        "It ain't necessarily so
                        To read in the Bible
                        It ain't necessarily so
                        ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

You seem to think that the present system can control him and those like him. That remains to be seen but I hope it can.
                          You are aware of our two-term limit for presidents? Putin had to have the Russian constitution changed so he could continually stay in office. You think Trump could/would attempt to do the same in this country?

Trump will be 82 in 2028 (if he even makes it that long) so he'd likely resemble Biden's feebleness by then.

Comment

You are aware of our two-term limit for presidents? Putin had to have the Russian constitution changed so he could continually stay in office. You think Trump could/would attempt to do the same in this country?

Trump will be 82 in 2028 (if he even makes it that long) so he'd likely resemble Biden's feebleness by then.
                            Well, he doesn't have the added cognitive burden of two aneurysms to deal with.
                            Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment