Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Mueller impanels grand jury, is granted subpoenas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    One important thing that Dimbulb seems to be missing is that the US is not supposed to have an all powerful, centralized federal government but that we were established as a republic of individual, sovereign states that share power equally. The problem is that our federal government has spent the past several decades defying our Constitution and drawing more and more power to itself which has thrown things out of balance.
    Add to that the fact that he is comparing his country to one scores of times larger in area, more diverse, and more populous...
    That's what
    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Here's the ONE place where I agree with Starlight:

Our two-party system is flawed.

Comment

Every time I scroll past Civics and this thread has the most recent comment, I read it as "Mueller impales grand jury..." and then I'm disappointed when I realize it's not nearly so exciting.
        I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
          Every time I scroll past Civics and this thread has the most recent comment, I read it as "Mueller impales grand jury..." and then I'm disappointed when I realize it's not nearly so exciting.
          I always thought that the Chevy Impala needed a long spike on it's hood.

Also, if I owned an Impala, I would name it Vlad.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
            I always thought that the Chevy Impala needed a long spike on it's hood.

Also, if I owned an Impala, I would name it Vlad.
            Vlad-the-Impala-License-Plate.jpg

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]23643[/ATTACH]
              Mine would have to be red.

Comment

Originally posted by OU812 View Post
                Here's the ONE place where I agree with Starlight:

Our two-party system is flawed.
                It is, but it's also not something you'll find in the Constitution. In fact, our Founding Fathers were generally opposed to the idea of political parties.
                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                  We have special elections quite frequently.
                  You don't have the mechanism for a 'snap election' or a 'double dissolution' as does the Westminster Parliamentary system, which is a problem when you're stuck with a reckless, psychotic president like Trump imperilling the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                    You don't have the mechanism for a 'snap election' or a 'double dissolution' as does the Westminster Parliamentary system, which is a problem when you're stuck with a reckless, psychotic president like Trump imperilling the world.
                    I'd be more worried about the idiot in North Korea from your distance than Trump.
                    That's what
                    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                      I'd be more worried about the idiot in North Korea from your distance than Trump.
                      Australia is not a sufficiently significant target that he needs to be worried. The US is still the 800-lb gorilla on the world stage, so it's a far more likely target for asymmetrical warfare.
                      Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                      sigpic
                      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                        Australia is not a sufficiently significant target that he needs to be worried. The US is still the 800-lb gorilla on the world stage, so it's a far more likely target for asymmetrical warfare.
                        I'd worry about Kim Jong Un striking the nearest relatively defenseless target.
                        That's what
                        - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                          I'd worry about Kim Jong Un striking the nearest relatively defenseless target.
                          In that case, it's Japan that needs to be worried; there's some bad blood between them, and he has a habit of lobbing things in their direction.
                          Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                          sigpic
                          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                            Mine would have to be red.
                            And probably not a California tag as well

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                              And probably not a California tag as well
                              I think most of the blood suckers are in Washington DC.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                                I think most of the blood suckers are in Washington DC.
                                Politics

Poli-tics

Poli = many

tics = blood suckers

Yes , I know it should be poly ticks

Comment