Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Utah School Kids Stage Walk Out Protest Against ‘Furries’

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post

It all reeks of "We've investigated ourselves and found nothing wrong" along with trying to use the lack of knowledge of what a furry is. Most furries are going to consider people acting like this insane. There are also a wide range of furries. Some are simply into stuff similar to anime cat girls while others are into significantly less anthropomorphic creatures.
    My trans neighbor is also a furry. I've learned a lot about that particular subculture in recent months.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

My trans neighbor is also a furry. I've learned a lot about that particular subculture in recent months.
      Don't give him any chicken bones, he'll choke on them...
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Pretty much every kid from the 90s has at least some inclination toward liking furry character designs even if they won't admit it. Lola Bunny from Space Jam and several other popular cartoon characters are pretty much straight-up furry bait.

Comment

Pretty much every kid from the 90s has at least some inclination toward liking furry character designs even if they won't admit it. Lola Bunny from Space Jam and several other popular cartoon characters are pretty much straight-up furry bait.
          Liking and being sexually attracted to or even fixated on, are two different things.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I can imagine what they must be feeding those kids in the school cafeteria.
            When I Survey....

Comment

Interesting given that yesterday there was a student on one of the cable news programs who is supposedly a furry at the school and who claims that it wasn't the furries who were acting out, but rather another group who don't just cos-play but supposedly actually think they're part animal.

It all reeks of "We've investigated ourselves and found nothing wrong" along with trying to use the lack of knowledge of what a furry is. Most furries are going to consider people acting like this insane. There are also a wide range of furries. Some are simply into stuff similar to anime cat girls while others are into significantly less anthropomorphic creatures.
              The argument (so to speak) is that a group of children in a deep-red, LDS-dominated, middle-Utah city are self-identifying very specifically as part of a queer movement and disrupting their middle school peers by acting like hostile animals, "scratching and biting". The belief that this is happening is strong, despite a decided lack of evidence for the behavior and a decided lack of coherence in the protest, which is ostensibly about the students' anger over the "furries" but expressed with signs like "compelled speech is not free speech"?

It's bad enough y'all confused a staunchly-conservative enclave of middle Utah with a fabricated Los Angeles. But you're going full Salem, MA with this one.

-Sam
              "I wonder about the trees. / Why do we wish to bear / Forever the noise of these / More than another noise / Robert Frost, "The Sound of Trees"

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post

Don't give him any chicken bones, he'll choke on them...
                Only if the bones are cooked.
                "It ain't necessarily so
                The things that you're liable
                To read in the Bible
                It ain't necessarily so
                ."

Sportin' Life
                Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

So the students say this did happen, a couple of dozen of them, and a mouth piece for the School district said it didn't - of course the school district would want to down play it.
                  I have been dealing with our school district for just over 2 years now, and have documented the outright LIES they put out as "their side of the story", to the extent that the Superintendent was "allowed to resign", we replaced 3 board members, and hired a new Superintendent who is fully aware of the deception of the past.
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

I have been dealing with our school district for just over 2 years now, and have documented the outright LIES they put out as "their side of the story", to the extent that the Superintendent was "allowed to resign", we replaced 3 board members, and hired a new Superintendent who is fully aware of the deception of the past.
                    By the way, I had filed numerous FOI Requests (called "Open Records Requests") to document the lies, and the previous superintendent responded with more demonstrably false answers.
                    As it turns out, however, there is no remedy or punishment for the school district to provide false information in Open Records responses - as long as they do so in a timely manner.
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

So the students say this did happen, a couple of dozen of them, and a mouth piece for the School district said it didn't - of course the school district would want to down play it.
                      Remember that, in even some of the school shootings, the school district did their best to downplay the very troubled history of the individual who turned out to be the mass murderer. It is downright irresponsible, these days, to take the word of the School Board or Administration as Gospel.

Comment

I doubt middle school students are sophisticated enough to create a false flag operation against the school, claiming and protesting this problem in school, if it never happened. But I believe the school board and principal are tricky enough to lie about it and downplay it.

Comment

Liking and being sexually attracted to or even fixated on, are two different things.
                          I mean "like" in the sense of being at least somewhat attracted to them. I'm not fixated on them by any means, but I can't deny that I can see the appeal.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post

The argument (so to speak) is that a group of children in a deep-red, LDS-dominated, middle-Utah city are self-identifying very specifically as part of a queer movement and disrupting their middle school peers by acting like hostile animals, "scratching and biting". The belief that this is happening is strong, despite a decided lack of evidence for the behavior and a decided lack of coherence in the protest, which is ostensibly about the students' anger over the "furries" but expressed with signs like "compelled speech is not free speech"?

It's bad enough y'all confused a staunchly-conservative enclave of middle Utah with a fabricated Los Angeles. But you're going full Salem, MA with this one.

-Sam
                            Let me get this straight... Are you claiming that because this took place in Utah (which you describe as "deep-red, LDS-dominated, middle-Utah city") rather than Los Angeles you're going to insist on it being a hoax?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                              I doubt middle school students are sophisticated enough to create a false flag operation against the school, claiming and protesting this problem in school, if it never happened. But I believe the school board and principal are tricky enough to lie about it and downplay it.
                              Articles regarding it mention that adults were also protesting which I figure were likely the parents of some of the students. I think they're involvement can be seen in the sign that read “We just wanted to learn" -- unless that was held by a straight A honors student.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                                Hmm, i agree middle schoolers are unlikely to be creating a FF operation.

However, there is (at least) one other possibilty that is neither student led false flag or school admin led conspiracy to deceive:

some of he middle schoolers just misunderstood what was happening, characterized it as something it wasn't, and that got blown up by certain attention seeking media sources?

My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment