Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

What happens next?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Speaking of pretending....
    A) I'll pretend that this was a serious statement
    2) I'll pretend that you'll take the serious response seriously.

We have a bunch of people here - atheists, Christian drop-outs, agnostics - some of whom are here primarily to antagonize, mock, or otherwise do battle with Christians and/or conservatives.

That is not the same as people who are in any way open to evangelism or the Gospel message.
    To anybody who was even the least bit interested in knowing Christ, I have the utmost patience and will give them complete courtesy and respect.

The notion that miscreants think that Christians should be doormats on the internet for people who come to a Christian-run discussion board to do battle is absolutely asinine.

When you and I, eider, were talking about scooters, we had a very decent conversation. When you resort to this type of nonsense, please forgive me if I don't kiss your six.
    Ha ha!
    Poor Cow-Poke!
    You've mixed up politics on to religion yet again!
    The conversation has been political, I only mentioned evangelism to another who was certainly deserving of it.

This forum is titled Theologyweb, which includes mostly any religious history or message. You seem to believe it's all about your version of Christianity.

.......'do battle with Christians or Conservatives'....? Your political/religious mash bothers me not at all, I have taken great interest in what truth about Jesus might be found, that why I came here at first. I just don't believe in what you do.

Comment

• Originally posted by eider View Post

Ha ha!
      Poor Cow-Poke!
      Not poor at all, my friend - I've been quite the entrepreneur during my days outside ministry.

Perhaps in your own mind.

The conversation has been political, I only mentioned evangelism to another who was certainly deserving of it.
      Please excuse me if I don't accept you as the subject matter expert on the topic.

This forum is titled Theologyweb, which includes mostly any religious history or message.
      You're dreaming - Civics is the most active part of the board, and sadly so.

You seem to believe it's all about your version of Christianity.
      You're doing that "mind reader" thing again, at which you fail so miserably.

.......'do battle with Christians or Conservatives'....? Your political/religious mash bothers me not at all, I have taken great interest in what truth about Jesus might be found, that why I came here at first. I just don't believe in what you do.
      Yeah, and I don't believe you've come here to seek "what truth about Jesus might be found" - your posting history proves otherwise.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post

I definitely know more about science/physics than either you or HA does, you luddite.
        What...you? ....who believed that a one ounze lead ball leaving a barrel at over 1000ft per minute would fall to the floor after only a short distance?

You might have the odd qualification, you just don't have so much common-sense.

But Hypatia surely has you beat over many subjects.

​​​​​​​

Comment

• Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post
          It is complicated and I am not an expert.
          Help! May I and all others be protected from those who believe that they are 'experts', or claim to be.

There are no experts, and we know this because of you stuffed them all in the same room in discussion over one particular subject they'd argue like a storm.

And those who preen themselves over IQ or education are to be kept at distance, I find.

Comment

Help! May I and all others be protected from those who believe that they are 'experts', or claim to be.

There are no experts, and we know this because of you stuffed them all in the same room in discussion over one particular subject they'd argue like a storm.

And those who preen themselves over IQ or education are to be kept at distance, I find.
            You seem to have taken over ff's role - you're not.... come to think of it, I haven't seen him around lately.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

What...you? ....who believed that a one ounze lead ball leaving a barrel at over 1000ft per minute would fall to the floor after only a short distance?

Very kind but far too flattering. I stay with what I know.
              "It ain't necessarily so
              The things that you're liable
              To read in the Bible
              It ain't necessarily so
              ."

Sportin' Life
              Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

Very kind but far too flattering. I stay with what I know.
                Did you know that, no matter how hard you try, you can not throw a potato chip very far?

Comment

Did you know that, no matter how hard you try, you can not throw a potato chip very far?

"It ain't necessarily so
                  To read in the Bible
                  It ain't necessarily so
                  ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

or....

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post

"inferring" - "mind reading" more like it.
                      If you actually know about subtext then you should have some understanding of literary analysis. However, that you refer to "mind reading" suggests you do not.

I will also observe that you appear to be one of those men who has to strut - hence my earlier reference to the manure heap.
                      "It ain't necessarily so
                      To read in the Bible
                      It ain't necessarily so
                      ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

Ha ha!
                        Poor Cow-Poke!

As someone you consider wise once said:

Originally posted by eider View Post

It really isn't a bright idea to mock anybody

Comment

But sharing knowledge about something, however limited, automatically means that you are claiming to know everything about everything.
                          Purely as a matter of interest what "knowledge" concerning nuclear reactors or the use of nuclear power as an energy source as Sparko imparted to us? He's made two rather basic comments. Nothing more.
                          "It ain't necessarily so
                          To read in the Bible
                          It ain't necessarily so
                          ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

​​​​​​​
                            Get a room. Oh wait, you aren't HA's type. sorry.

Comment

Nobody ever claimed to be an "expert"

If being an "expert" is the qualification for discussing topics on Tweb, then there would be no discussions. Perhaps you and HA should heed your own advice and stop posting here. Neither of you are experts on much of anything, except maybe electric scooters.

Comment

Purely as a matter of interest what "knowledge" concerning nuclear reactors or the use of nuclear power as an energy source as Sparko imparted to us? He's made two rather basic comments. Nothing more.
                                I will leave this to you and him, and suggest eider does likewise.

Comment