Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump selling bibles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post
    Honestly, I truly do be preferring this bible:

https://piratebible.com/
    • Galatians 5:18-21 (Pirate Bible)

18 But if ye be led by the wind, ye ain't subject to the Code.

19 Ayy, the scurvy deeds of the scallywag be plain to see: adultery, fornicatin', uncleanliness, and lecherousness.

20 Mutiny, voodoo, avast hatred, arguin', lookin' fer a fight, bombs burstin' with rage, scallywags at each other's throats, blasphemous thinkin', and mutinous notions!

21 Arrr, envyin's an' murders, guzzlin' grog an' revelries, o' th' likes o' that, I be tellin' ye afore, as I said afore t' those what do such, that they won't inherit th' kingdom o' God.
    Isn't scallywag =rogue ?

Comment

Originally posted by little_monkey View Post

Isn't scallywag =rogue ?
      Scallywags are merely a step on the way to achieving full on roguedom.

Kinda like how pirates and jerks are nothing but low-level rogues.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

In the grand scheme of things. I don't really care, nor have a dog in the particular race that is the "trump bible". I would say that more is revealed about those who buy the bible than the person endorsing/selling it.
        I would agree as the sellers are just grifters and the people buying one the ones blinded.
        P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

Originally posted by Reepicheep View Post
          Hard to believe that it's been more than eight years since Trump delivered the following gem:

"Nobody reads the bible more than me."

And don't forget the infamous "Two Corinthians"...
          Shaming someone for misspeaking is always hilariously ableist.
          P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

I don't see anything inherently goofy about a King James Bible that includes the Declaration of Independence, the US Constitution, and the Pledge of Allegiance, or how selling it to willing buyers qualifies as "grift".
            The nationalization of Christian faith is the source of some of the most heinous atrocities committed on Christ's name. This world is not our home, and there is no country that is our own as Christians in this world either. All mankind is who Christ died for, there is no preferred group, kingdom, or nation.

And when we present Christ to others, we must present Him without the baggage and sin of any nation state or King, lest we corrupt the Gospel and His Name.
            My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by Diogenes View Post

Shaming someone for misspeaking is always hilariously ableist.
              Like "Our men and women corpse men in uniform..."

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

The nationalization of Christian faith is the source of some of the most heinous atrocities committed on Christ's name. This world is not our home, and there is no country that is our own as Christians in this world either. All mankind is who Christ died for, there is no preferred group, kingdom, or nation.

And when we present Christ to others, we must present Him without the baggage and sin of any nation state or King, lest we corrupt the Gospel and His Name.
                You're an absolute nutcase. This is not an attempt to "nationalize the Christian faith".
                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

You're an absolute nutcase. This is not an attempt to "nationalize the Christian faith".

I didnt say it of it's own was. But it is definitely desiged specifically to appeal to those steeped in Chriristan nationalism and dogma around the US. The people that byvand large are the Trump base.
                  My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

There's also an LOLcat Bible and there's one translation that says, as an error, "thou shall commit adultery".
                    The Wicked Bible.
                    Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

I didnt say it of it's own was. But it is definitely desiged specifically to appeal to those steeped in Chriristan nationalism and dogma around the US. The people that byvand large are the Trump base.
                      That's just your paranoia talking. As far as I can see from the website, it has nothing at all to do with Christian nationalism, and I suspect if it wasn't for President Trump's endorsement, you wouldn't care one way or another about this publication.

Comment

Meanwhile, the Biden base has, for the most part, abandoned God, the Bible, and Christianity and is full bore rationalizing and justifying sinful lifestyles. Yay Biden!!!
                        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

And when we present Christ to others,
                          When was the last time you actually did that, Jim? Or do you simply 'present' the phony version of Christ who will accept them as they are and they can remain in their sin?

we must present Him without the baggage and sin of any nation state or King, lest we corrupt the Gospel and His Name.
                          I present Christ to the lost without any shame of being an American. A presentation to the lost for Salvation will include the fact that the person is lost, cannot save themselves, and Christ is the answer as they put their Trust and Faith in Him.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I would agree as the sellers are just grifters and the people buying one the ones blinded.
                            I know someone who is ordering one but because they think it'll have "collector's value." I told him if he thinks that is the case then when he gets it don't even open it but simply pack it away.

Personally, I doubt that the value will increase much if at all.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Christian Nationalism seems to be the latest bugaboo the left is offering up after folks have become increasing skeptical about "white supremacists" hiding behind every bush and tree.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                                Christian Nationalism seems to be the latest bugaboo the left is offering up after folks have become increasing skeptical about "white supremacists" hiding behind every bush and tree.
                                I'm not even sure what Christian nationalism means. I mean, I know what I think it means (basically, it's recognizing that the United States was founded on Christian principles), but it's not always clear what liberals like ox mean when they throw the phrase around, especially as a pejorative.

Here's what Britannica has to say about the subject:

Given the diversity of Christian beliefs worldwide, it comes as no surprise that there is no established set of beliefs among Christian nationalists as to the extent to which the state should support Christianity. The Christian nationalist vision varies not only by country—an American Christian nationalist, for example, will likely not desire a state church, whereas an English Christian nationalist might—but often by individual.

https://www.britannica.com/topic/Christian-nationalism
                                Last edited by Mountain Man; 04-02-2024, 09:35 AM.

Comment