Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Combover Caligula on Hot Mic: Kim Jong Un “Strong head”

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Combover Caligula on Hot Mic: Kim Jong Un “Strong head”

Donald Trump wants the same rapt attention Kim Jong Un gets from his subjects:

Trump knows Un’s command of his audience is enforced and indoctrinated. Or does he?

MAGA weirdos eating up Trump’s dictator aspirations:

Reminiscent of those "dumb people on the street" videos. When the videos aren't completely dishonest (like changing the questions during editing) they will only show the dumb answers, so the samplings give the wrong impression. You know, where the other 95% give the right answer but are never seen.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
      Reminiscent of those "dumb people on the street" videos. When the videos aren't completely dishonest (like changing the questions during editing) they will only show the dumb answers, so the samplings give the wrong impression. You know, where the other 95% give the right answer but are never seen.
      And it was a totally loaded question. Not would you rather have Trump or Biden for 4 more years, but would you rather have Biden (+ no qualifications) or Trump (+ he is a dictator)?

Why are liberals so invested in this "Trump is a wannabe dictator" meme? It's stupid.

I would have answered "Trump" too, just to watch liberal heads explode and feed into their paranoia.

Comment

Jay Leno used to do the latter with his "Jaywalking" segment. In fact, during one of those he interviewed Kid Rock before he was famous. I remember how Kid Rock loudly stated his name and Leno quipped "Mr. and Mrs. Rock must be so proud."

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by whag View Post
          Donald Trump wants the same rapt attention Kim Jong Un gets from his subjects:

An isolated soundbite with no context.
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

An isolated soundbite with no context.
            In summation: Trump would prefer his audience pay attention to him when he speaks. As opposed to nodding off or daydreaming. How narcissistic!

Comment

In summation: Trump would prefer his audience pay attention to him when he speaks. As opposed to nodding off or daydreaming. How narcissistic!
              It's not even clear who he's referring to when he says "my people". Is he talking about his supporters? Employees? Business partners? Campaign staff? Republicans? Who knows.
              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

It's not even clear who he's referring to when he says "my people". Is he talking about his supporters? Employees? Business partners? Campaign staff? Republicans? Who knows.
                Good point. The person he's speaking to says "here, at the White House..." so apparently this was back when Trump was POTUS. And if so, Trump isn't talking about his supporters at campaign rallies, but likely talking about his staff.

Comment

That.

Because it seems that at his rallies the crowd hangs on his every word. That would suggest it isn't his supporters that he is referring to.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                    That.

Because it seems that at his rallies the crowd hangs on his every word. That would suggest it isn't his supporters that he is referring to.
                    I'm guessing his staff. He probably found one or more of them not paying close attention and he was then repeating himself.

OR - maybe this was just him coming to the realization that he hired some deep-staters and they were ignoring his directives.

Comment

I remember Trump being envious of the close attention Kim received from his subordinates and thinking well, yeah, that's what you get when you kill your uncle for not clapping loud enough.

In Hail of Bullets and Fire, North Korea Killed Official Who Wanted Reform
                      SEOUL, South Korea — In late 2013, Jang Song-thaek, an uncle of Kim Jong-un, the North Korean leader, was taken to the Gang Gun Military Academy in a Pyongyang suburb.

Hundreds of officials were gathered there to witness the execution of Mr. Jang’s two trusted deputies in the administrative department of the ruling Workers’ Party.

The two men, Ri Ryong-ha and Jang Su-gil, were torn apart by antiaircraft machine guns, according to South Korea’s National Intelligence Service. The executioners then incinerated their bodies with flamethrowers.

Jang Song-thaek, widely considered the second-most powerful figure in the North, fainted during the ordeal, according to a new book published in South Korea that offers a rare glimpse into the secretive Pyongyang regime.

“Son-in-Law of a Theocracy,” by Ra Jong-yil, a former deputy director of the National Intelligence Service, is a rich biography of Mr. Jang, the most prominent victim of the purges his young nephew has conducted since assuming power in 2011.

Mr. Jang was convicted of treason in 2013. He was executed at the same place and in the same way as his deputies, the South Korean intelligence agency said.

I'm not sure which road is more concerning, the road where Trump didn't know that history, or the road where he did know and decided he liked it anyway. The bottom line is that the POTUS should not wish to emulate dictators.

Comment

Originally posted by Juvenal View Post
                        I remember Trump being envious of the close attention Kim received from his subordinates and thinking well, yeah, that's what you get when you kill your uncle for not clapping loud enough.

SEOUL, South Korea — In late 2013, Jang Song-thaek, an uncle of Kim Jong-un, the North Korean leader, was taken to the Gang Gun Military Academy in a Pyongyang suburb.

Hundreds of officials were gathered there to witness the execution of Mr. Jang’s two trusted deputies in the administrative department of the ruling Workers’ Party.

The two men, Ri Ryong-ha and Jang Su-gil, were torn apart by antiaircraft machine guns, according to South Korea’s National Intelligence Service. The executioners then incinerated their bodies with flamethrowers.

Jang Song-thaek, widely considered the second-most powerful figure in the North, fainted during the ordeal, according to a new book published in South Korea that offers a rare glimpse into the secretive Pyongyang regime.

“Son-in-Law of a Theocracy,” by Ra Jong-yil, a former deputy director of the National Intelligence Service, is a rich biography of Mr. Jang, the most prominent victim of the purges his young nephew has conducted since assuming power in 2011.

Mr. Jang was convicted of treason in 2013. He was executed at the same place and in the same way as his deputies, the South Korean intelligence agency said.

I'm not sure which road is more concerning, the road where Trump didn't know that history, or the road where he did know and decided he liked it anyway. The bottom line is that the POTUS should not wish to emulate dictators.
                        It's never a good look. Ask Justin Trudeau.

Comment

OR - maybe this was just him coming to the realization that he hired some deep-staters and they were ignoring his directives.
                          It's beyond time for folks to realize that what Trump calls the "deep state" is just the federal bureaucracy dressed up in conspiratorial garb. He took over an enterprise that was beyond his ability to run and beyond the ability of the people he hired to run it for him, and so, of course, it was everyone else's fault.

Comment

Originally posted by Juvenal View Post

At first, one hopes he’s trolling. But then it’s a hot mic, so he can’t possibly be trolling.

One can only conclude he’s literally impressed with the way Jong-Un gets rapt attention.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                              It's never a good look. Ask Justin Trudeau.
                              “But if I were to reach out and say which … which kind of administration I most admire, I think there’s something to be said right here in Canada for the way our territories are run. Nunavut, Northwest Territories, and the Yukon are done without political parties around consensus. And are much more like a municipal government. And I think there’s a lot to be said for people pulling together to try and solve issues rather than to score points off of each other. And I think we need a little more of that.”

The back end of that answer — his admiration for the way politics are done in Canada’s territories — was largely overlooked and his opponents and many pundits took him to task for his “level of admiration” for China.

I'm torn here. If I tell you to read your own links, I miss the opportunity to whack you with them.

Comment