Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

So, it turns out it IS ok to honor Horrible Racist people

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, it turns out it IS ok to honor Horrible Racist people

Source: https://www.foxnews.com/politics/jewish-activists-blast-squad-dem-appalling-defense-farrakhan-mural

Democratic Congressman Jamaal Bowman recently argued that a mural of Minister Louis Farrakhan should remain in a New York City suburb, prompting outrage from Jewish activists.

The "Squad" Democrat from New York recently sparked controversy over comments he made regarding a Black Lives Matter mural that featured Black figures, including Farrakhan, who has infamously made disparaging comments about Jews, including calling them the "the synagogue of Satan" and "termites."

"Regarding the minister, you know, he said many things that I fully disagree with, you know, period," Bowman said during an interview last year according to a New York Daily News report about the mural in Westchester County. "But he is a part of Black history, you know? That’s a fact. And if the Greenburgh community​ — particularly that section of Greenburgh​, you know — supports the mural, then the mural​ should be there as is.​"

© Copyright Original Source

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post
    Source: https://www.foxnews.com/politics/jewish-activists-blast-squad-dem-appalling-defense-farrakhan-mural

Democratic Congressman Jamaal Bowman recently argued that a mural of Minister Louis Farrakhan should remain in a New York City suburb, prompting outrage from Jewish activists.

The "Squad" Democrat from New York recently sparked controversy over comments he made regarding a Black Lives Matter mural that featured Black figures, including Farrakhan, who has infamously made disparaging comments about Jews, including calling them the "the synagogue of Satan" and "termites."

"Regarding the minister, you know, he said many things that I fully disagree with, you know, period," Bowman said during an interview last year according to a New York Daily News report about the mural in Westchester County. "But he is a part of Black history, you know? That’s a fact. And if the Greenburgh community​ — particularly that section of Greenburgh​, you know — supports the mural, then the mural​ should be there as is.​"

The left is seeking to make anti-Semitism kewl again.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

HA and Star must love Farrakhan....
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        Well, i mean, if Farrakan was a founding father who owned slaves.....

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          It doesn’t get any cooler than

His blood be upon us and upon our children.

If I was a copyist, I would have maybe removed that line. It’s a little….melodramatic. Unbelievable, even.

A completely unnecessary proclamation cursing one’s own children is gilding the lily in terms of coolness, doncha think?

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post

HA and Star must love Farrakhan....
            I was never a fan of calypso. Not that you asked.

Comment

Originally posted by whag View Post

It doesn’t get any cooler than

His blood be upon us and upon our children.

If I was a copyist, I would have maybe removed that line. It’s a little….melodramatic. Unbelievable, even.

A completely unnecessary proclamation cursing one’s own children is gilding the lily in terms of coolness, doncha think?
              Oaths like that were common in every culture your incredulity notwithstanding. A modern version would be "I swear on my children's lives," or more commonly, "I swear on my mother's grave". The further back you go the more wide-reaching oaths used to be because of the belief in corporate responsibility. Something taken for granted for most of human history.

Source: Center For Hellenic Studies

One could define an oath as an anticipated ordeal. The one taking the oath stakes something that is essential to him, some material possession, his kin, even his own life, in order to guarantee the veracity of his affirmation. There is no necessary correspondence between the gestures and the various expressions of the oath; each time the oral or formulaic rite and the accompanying practices may differ.

Comment

Remember, they have redefined racism so that it can only be perpetrated by certain groups. Louis Farrakhan isn't a member of said groups, so he doesn't count under their logic.

Comment

Racism is so rampant on the left that people are immune to it. Is Bowman OK if a community in the south wants to paint a mural of Jefferson Davis or Robert E Lee?

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
                    Racism is so rampant on the left that people are immune to it. Is Bowman OK if a community in the south wants to paint a mural of Jefferson Davis or Robert E Lee?
                    Among those on the left today certain forms of racism are in vogue and applauded.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment