Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Google AI Is Racist...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by whag View Post

I’m assuming you’re talking about AI in general, not a specific consumer facing product. Were you just talking about Gemini?

I did use Gemini, as you can see, to test rogue’s conspiracy theory. That hasn’t gone well for him.
    You've been furiously defending this google AI monstrosity ever since you've been in the thread. I'm just curious what your motivation is for doing that?

Comment

IMG_1612.jpegIMG_1613.jpegThe first thing one feels when doing this dopey exercise is stupidity, compounded by more feelings of empty-headedness with each new “prompt”.
      More like the ones you posted are from after they were forced to fix their blatant and maladroit efforts at social engineering.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post
        It doesn't even have to be an obscure blog. It certainly wouldn't be able to distinguish a false social media post by Biden that Rittenhouse was a white supremacist, or that Michael Brown was killed with his hands up that was touted by "reputable" MSM news outlets, or Biden claiming on national TV that Trump called his wife Mercedes. After all, these are all "official" sources.
        The calling his wife Mercedes claim collapsed shortly after take off (he was addressing Mercedes Schlapp, the host of the event and Trump supporter, not his wife Melania, who FWIU wasn't even there). Still, you'll have news organizations like the Independent spin yet another old Joe gaffe as Trump being easily triggered after OMB mocked the duffer for another screw up.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          See, everything is OK now...
          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

I personally oppose the generation of false clams.
            Yeah that's bad.

I just tried it and when I gave a completely fake name (What are some controversies involving Orbidum Weller?)

It came back with a blurb about it being an uncommon name and couldn't find anything.

Due to the uncommon nature of the name "Orbidum Weller," it's highly likely that there isn't a well-known individual by that name who has been involved in significant public controversies.

But when I just tested it with Matt Taibbi, it came up with the much the same stuff as rogue posted.

So it is not just being creative and generating imaginary stories, because if that were the case it would have done so with the made-up name. No it was actually generating what it 'thought' of as facts about Matt Taibbi.
            Which means it has been fed false information somewhere along the line and stored that in it's database.

Comment

More like the ones you posted are from after they were forced to fix their blatant and maladroit efforts at social engineering.

How convenient. So the social engineers’ intent was to blatantly create a white-free AI product but called it off when white people discovered this on the day of launch. In a woke global environment hostile to white people, why wouldn’t they stay the course?
              • @seanD argued that a trillion dollar company doesn’t need your angry white guy (AWG) demographic.
              • @Mountain Man admits he just can’t quit Google, like you and the rest of the AWG demographic.
              • @seer believes the programmers ran the operation and the executives were ignorant.
              Social engineers don’t kowtow to demographics they don’t need. They don’t worry about an exodus of Mountain Men, rogues, and seers. As MM and you demonstrate, the hooked can’t leave.

What unfolded was the opposite of your theory. The social engineers became mousy, apologized, and scrambled to correct. Very scary individuals, this cabal.

Please do some more prompts with your Google account that I can counter with my own.

Comment

How convenient. So the social engineers’ intent was to blatantly create a white-free AI product but called it off when white people discovered this on the day of launch. In a woke global environment hostile to white people, why wouldn’t they stay the course?
                • @seanD argued that a trillion dollar company doesn’t need your angry white guy (AWG) demographic.
                • @Mountain Man admits he just can’t quit Google, like you and the rest of the AWG demographic.
                • @seer believes the programmers ran the operation and the executives were ignorant.
                Social engineers don’t kowtow to demographics they don’t need. They don’t worry about an exodus of Mountain Men, rogues, and seers. As MM and you demonstrate, the hooked can’t leave.

What unfolded was the opposite of your theory. The social engineers became mousy, apologized, and scrambled to correct. Very scary individuals, this cabal.

Please do some more prompts with your Google account that I can counter with my own.
                It was ham-fisted in every way, and thankfully so. Otherwise, if it had been more subtle folks might have missed what they were trying to do. Now most people are leery.

Comment

You've been furiously defending this google AI monstrosity ever since you've been in the thread. I'm just curious what your motivation is for doing that?
                  I hate conspiracy theories and deliberate misunderstanding of things. @Mountain Man’s hilarious description of AI as merely a “glorified search engine” demanded a strident response. He’s supposedly skilled at computer science.

Comment

It was ham-fisted in every way, and thankfully so. Otherwise, if it had been more subtle folks might have missed what they were trying to do. Now most people are leery.
                    Weak response. You’re describing a world where AWGs have significant power, which chafes at your thesis. Social engineering requires coordination, courage, and steady hands.

You ignored the bullets and my conclusion:

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Yeah that's bad.

I just tried it and when I gave a completely fake name (What are some controversies involving Orbidum Weller?)

It came back with a blurb about it being an uncommon name and couldn't find anything.

Due to the uncommon nature of the name "Orbidum Weller," it's highly likely that there isn't a well-known individual by that name who has been involved in significant public controversies.

But when I just tested it with Matt Taibbi, it came up with the much the same stuff as rogue posted.

So it is not just being creative and generating imaginary stories, because if that were the case it would have done so with the made-up name. No it was actually generating what it 'thought' of as facts about Matt Taibbi.
                      Which means it has been fed false information somewhere along the line and stored that in it's database.
                      That’s interesting because rogue06 just said it was fixed:

the ones you posted are from after they were forced to fix their blatant and maladroit efforts at social engineering

Comment

It's just how he participates in this forum: he assumes a contrary position by default and then tries to back fill arguments to support it. He is, in a word, disingenuous.
                        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

It's just how he participates in this forum: he assumes a contrary position by default and then tries to back fill arguments to support it. He is, in a word, disingenuous.
                          If that’s the case, I’m doing pretty good.

Position: Google created a Caucasian-free AI.
                          Contrary position: Google didn’t create a white-free AI.

Your support: Prompts that confirm anti-white bias.
                          My support: Prompts that disconfirm anti-white bias.

You guys didn’t count on me giving Gemini a test ride and walking you through the logic of your theory.

Comment

I hate conspiracy theories and deliberate misunderstanding of things. @Mountain Man’s hilarious description of AI as merely a “glorified search engine” demanded a strident response. He’s supposedly skilled at computer science.
                            I don't think anyone here is arguing a conspiracy theory, at least not based on the actual definition of a conspiracy. No one is saying (I don't think) that google execs and employees are secretly conniving plans they believe are illegal and/or immoral. It's more like a leftist cultic ideology that is so entrenched in their beliefs and worldview that it's adversely affecting how they programmed this thing. It's a demented ideology that warps fact and reality, and that's just how its manifesting in how they programmed it.

Comment

I don't think anyone here is arguing a conspiracy theory, at least not based on the actual definition of a conspiracy. No one is saying (I don't think) that google execs and employees are secretly conniving plans they believe are illegal and/or immoral.
                              Thanks for clarifying.

Originally posted by seanD View Post
                              It's more like a leftist cultic ideology that is so entrenched in their beliefs and worldview that it's adversely affecting how they programmed this thing. It's a demented ideology that warps fact and reality, and that's just how it’manifesting in how they programmed it.
                              If that were the case, other cultic ideologies would infect it, as well. That didn’t happen.

What actually happened is completely expected in consumer AI. You're helping it understand the information better. That fix must be inexplicable to you, since you hold the position that a trillion dollar monopoly doesn’t care about what its white market thinks. Your position is that they can eat the cost of their exodus. You've changed my mind on that. I agree with you they could, but I don’t think that’s gonna happen. Google can count on angry white guys remaining loyal customers anyway. Where they gonna go?

Comment

Thanks for clarifying.

If that were the case, other cultic ideologies would infect it, as well. That didn’t happen.

What actually happened is completely expected in consumer AI. You're helping it understand the information better. That fix must be inexplicable to you, since you hold the position that a trillion dollar monopoly doesn’t care about what its white market thinks. Your position is that they can eat the cost of their exodus. You've changed my mind on that. I agree with you they could, but I don’t think that’s gonna happen. Google can count on angry white guys remaining loyal customers anyway. Where they gonna go?
                                What "other" cultic ideologies do you have in mind? Semi Valley and the tech industry in general is pretty leftist (other than X now, which has been pretty neutered and pro-free speech for the most part, thanks to Musk), and google programmers and CEOs and the entire apparatus of that company is likely the force majeure in regard to this whacked ideology.

Comment