Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Border deal...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JimL View Post

Well you'd be wrong as usual, but being a low information voter, i realize that being wrong is something you must need deal with often.
    "you're always worried that someone might be getting a bigger piece of the cookie than you got. Not fair! Whaa! not fair, not fair.he got more than me.whaa!"

Those are the words of a clueless Leftist who compares the amount of handouts other Leftist recipients are getting. You are projecting.

Comment

Best according to who?
      Whom!
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Oh, very good CP.
        Yes, I am.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ronson View Post

"you're always worried that someone might be getting a bigger piece of the cookie than you got. Not fair! Whaa! not fair, not fair.he got more than me.whaa!"

Those are the words of a clueless Leftist who compares the amount of handouts other Leftist recipients are getting. You are projecting.
          No, you have reading comprehension problems as well I see. What I said was that you conservatives worry yourselves over the fact that others might be getting something more, you know, the safety net, that you are nor getting. That bothers you, being of a selfish nature, you feel as though you're being cheated somehow I don't look at it that way, it doesn't bother me that some percentage of my tax dollars go to helping others who for whatever reason needs assistance. That kind of government really seems to irk conservatives, at least in so far as they're doing well that is. Let the fall upon hard times and watch them then as they run to the government for whatever help they can get.
          Last edited by JimL; 02-10-2024, 09:38 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post

Nonsense, it gave a pittance for actual detention. They would need ten times the numbers of beds to made a dent, they are not serious.

Schumer said the agreement would provide more frontline personnel and asylum officers and provide "faster and fair" immigration decisions. Lankford told reporters it would fund as many as 50,000 immigrant detention beds, up from the current 34,000.

And how about old Joe reinstating remain in Mexico, which he rescinded his first day. Virtually everyone said it was working. And, FWIU, it also caused the Mexicans to start halting caravans from entering their southern border because they didn't want them milling around our border waiting.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

No, you have reading comprehension problems as well I see. What I said was that you conservatives worry yourselves over the fact that others might be getting something more, you know, the safety net, that you are nor getting. That bothers you, being of a selfish nature, you feel as though you're being cheated somehow I don't look at it that way, it doesn't bother me that some percentage of my tax dollars go to helping others who for whatever reason needs assistance. That kind of government really seems to irk conservatives, at least in so far as they're doing well that is. Let the fall upon hard times and watch them then as they run to the government for whatever help they can get.
              This is just nuts - one of the primary principles of conservatives is rugged individualism, and the freedom to pursue our own future.

Comment

No, you have reading comprehension problems as well I see.
                You're the one who thought I was quoting myself. Nobody quotes themselves.

What I said was that you conservatives worry yourselves over the fact that others might be getting something more, you know, the safety net, that you are nor getting. That bothers you, being of a selfish nature, you feel as though you're being cheated somehow I don't look at it that way, it doesn't bother me that some percentage of my tax dollars go to helping others who for whatever reason needs assistance. That kind of government really seems to irk conservatives, at least in so far as they're doing well that is. Let the fall upon hard times and watch them then as they run to the government for whatever help they can get.
                None of that changes you wanting government handouts. Projection.

Comment

There's a joy that JimL will never know --- being able to say, as I can, "everything we (Mrs CP and I) have, we earned ourselves". Paid for our own educations, paid our own bills, put away our own retirement and savings...

Will we collect social security? Absolutely - we paid far more in than we'll probably ever get out, but that's the system.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

There's a joy that JimL will never know --- being able to say, as I can, "everything we (Mrs CP and I) have, we earned ourselves". Paid for our own educations, paid our own bills, put away our own retirement and savings...

Will we collect social security? Absolutely - we paid far more in than we'll probably ever get out, but that's the system.
                    Well, certainly. When I started in the working world, I was told "You must pay heavily into SS. You have no choice. It is for your retirement." So, the turnabout is the feds must pay me SS next year when I retire. Their rules, not mine.

Comment

Well, certainly. When I started in the working world, I was told "You must pay heavily into SS. You have no choice. It is for your retirement." So, the turnabout is the feds must pay me SS next year when I retire. Their rules, not mine.
                      I used to love it when Walter Williams would fill in for Rush Limbaugh --- Williams would often make the point that he is glad he finished his education and made his way financially before all the affirmative action stuff because he has the joy of knowing he actually earned it - it wasn't given to him.

1. My definition of social justice: I keep what I earn and you keep what you earn. Do you disagree?…how much of what I earn belongs to you–and why?

williams.jpg

Comment

1. My definition of social justice: I keep what I earn and you keep what you earn. Do you disagree?…how much of what I earn belongs to you–and why?

Why do you hate black people?
                        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

You're the one who thought I was quoting myself. Nobody quotes themselves.
                          If a student quotes himself without giving proper citations, he gets dunned for self plagiarism (Ivy league students might be exempt).
                          1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                          ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
                          Scripture before Tradition:
                          but that won't prevent others from
                          taking it upon themselves to deprive you
                          of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

• Originally posted by tabibito View Post

If a student quotes himself without giving proper citations, he gets dunned for self plagiarism (Ivy league students might be exempt).
                            I was very impressed with myself when I said "He who quotes himself quotes a fool." Oh... wait a minute ...!

Comment

You don't know me CP. But that's just an example of your mindset. People who disagree with your, in my opinion, less humane notion of government must be leeches. I guess that's a Christian mindset, I don't know, but I don't think that way and neither do I have need of government assistance myself. I've been working myself since I was 15 or 16 full time since I was 17 and I am happy to pay taxes some of which goes to those who for whatever reason need a hand up. And such governance isnt just altruistic in intent, it is a benefit to society in general that we care for the disadvantaged amongst us. Personally I think you just misunderstand the teachings of your own religion.

Comment

You don't know me CP.....
                                Never said I did, Jim.

Comment