Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Joe Rogan defends abortion in case of rape

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

Go and play.

Diogenes I think you touched a nerve in our (likely) autistic friend.

Comment

Go and play.

So you do you just shug at the Icelandic eugenics or do you give it the proverbial thumbs-up as you suggest Christian's might to your hypothetical scenario with Bibi?
      P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

• Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

You do not know about one his favourite hobbyhorses? You should read this thread

https://theologyweb.com/campus/forum...s-and-abortion

"It ain't necessarily so
        The things that you're liable
        To read in the Bible
        It ain't necessarily so
        ."

Sportin' Life
        Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

• Originally posted by Diogenes View Post

So you do you just shug at the Icelandic eugenics or do you give it the proverbial thumbs-up as you suggest Christian's might to your hypothetical scenario with Bibi?
          You appear to be confusing my hypothetical scenario of mass murder, or what some might deem genocide, with the rights of parents to decide on whether or not to continue with a pregnancy where the foetus has been diagnosed as having Down Syndrome.
          "It ain't necessarily so
          To read in the Bible
          It ain't necessarily so
          ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

• Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

I assumes she knows I'm flipping her own retort back toward her and she doesn't want to be hoisted by her own petard.
            P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

You appear to be confusing my hypothetical scenario of mass murder, or what some might deem genocide, with the rights of parents to decide on whether or not to continue with a pregnancy where the foetus has been diagnosed as having Down Syndrome.
              I take that to mean you give the proverbial thumbs up to a culture Nazi-esque eugenics..
              P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

I take that to mean you give the proverbial thumbs up to a culture Nazi-esque eugenics..
                Icelandic parents making personal decisions about their potential child and their lives in no way corresponds to your overly dramatic notion of "a culture Nazi-esque eugenics".

It would appear that you might need some of these

and perhaps a lie down in a darkened room on one of these.

"It ain't necessarily so
                To read in the Bible
                It ain't necessarily so
                ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

Perhaps the good lady does not consider such people to be "true" Christians.
                  I don't think that is the case. I'm pretty sure she regards rogue a true Christian and back in the day both he and I were good buds taking on Young Earth Creationism.
                  My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Do you think that if Netanyahu decided to exterminate all Palestinians and justified his actions by stating he was acting on divine orders some Christians here would merely shrug and give him the proverbial thumbs up?
                    Some perhaps, but I doubt most or even a significant minority. I do not believe the disconnect you see between abortion and the war in Gaza is a conscious disregard for those children's right to a decent and meaningful life.

It's more like the difference between listening to pro-choice rhetoric about late term abortions and seeing the ultra-sound of the 8 months gestation baby in your womb.
                    Last edited by oxmixmudd; 01-22-2024, 10:46 AM.
                    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

Some perhaps, but I doubt most or even a significant minority. I do not believe the disconnect you see between abortion and the war in Gaza is a conscious disregard for those children's right to a decent and meaningful life.

It's more like the difference between listening to pro-choice rhetoric about late term abortions and seeing the ultra-sound of the 8 months gestation baby in your womb.
                      I was thinking more about those Hebrew texts dealing with divinely sanctioned Israelite genocides.
                      "It ain't necessarily so
                      To read in the Bible
                      It ain't necessarily so
                      ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

You literally just responded to a comment about the views of posters here being ignored with a complaint about "Democrats" and "the Left".
                        You made a general point about unnamed posters and I made a point about broader views, Whether you agree with the votes or not, Democrats in Congress ...
                        There you go again.

I explained that discussing abortion here was pointless because none of the pro-lifers ever bother to find out what the views of the other posters here actually are before attacking them, and here you are talking about what "Democrats in Congress" did. Meanwhile, CivilDiscourse is talking about supposed conversations with unnamed posters on other forums.
                        More than likely, someone you would have voted for in general election would have voted the same way ...
                        You cannot possibly know that.

You have proven my point.
                        Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
                        MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

Do you think that if Netanyahu decided to exterminate all Palestinians and justified his actions by stating he was acting on divine orders some Christians here would merely shrug and give him the proverbial thumbs up?
                          Since multiple Christians here have stated that it is acceptable to kill the children of enemies to prevent them growing up as more enemies, I don't think the 'divine orders' claim would be needed.

Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
                          MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

I was thinking more about those Hebrew texts dealing with divinely sanctioned Israelite genocides.
                            Ah - yes, those are problematic and I've never seen an argument trying to 'explain' why it was ok that didn't create more problems than they solved.

Comment

Perhaps the good lady does not consider such people to be "true" Christians.
                              Now you think you can read my mind? Why didn't you do that when you asked me the question about why I "think a deity would" cause a pregnancy after a rape?

I do not think that believers who think evolution is how God created are not "true" Christians. I think they're wrong, but they are still my brothers and sisters in Christ and I love them.

It's the "believers" who think that abortion and homosexuality and transgenderism and CRT, etc., ad infinitum, ad nauseum are ok in God's eyes are who I have problems with in their declaration of faith.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy View Post
                                Since multiple Christians here have stated that it is acceptable to kill the children of enemies to prevent them growing up as more enemies, I don't think the 'divine orders' claim would be needed.
                                Please exclude me from that list.
                                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment