Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Is CNN bullying a Reddit user?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
    While I enjoy seeing bullying, harassing trolls, who systematically target people go down in flames after a good doxxing of them, this however strikes me as just being a twelve year old prankster. A reporter from the CNN actively doing this is just going to trigger the Barbara Streisand effect, and it will end up being CNN that looks bad.
    I'm not sure that it will trigger much of a Streisand effect since the MSM has repeatedly played the clip so that they could act indignant and express their horror claiming it will trigger violence against reporters.

The latter is ironic considering how often they have been calling Republicans and conservatives monsters, traitors and openly wished violence upon them. Such as when Washington Post columnist Courtland Milloy snarled about the Tea Party that he wanted to "knock every racist and homophobic tooth out of their Cro-Magnon heads." Or when the Michael Feingold angrily went into a frothing tirade in the middle of a theater review and called for Republicans to be "exterminated." Or when Dan Savage, a nationally syndicated sex advice columnist and gay activist wrote that he wished that all Republicans were "[f-word] dead."

And of course both Time-Warner (parent company of CNN) and the New York Times are both sponsoring a play where a Donald Trump look-alike is assassinated every night.

Yet when a left-winger, carrying a hit list of Republican members of the Freedom Caucus, who was a major league fanboy of MSNBC (the cable news station that broadcasts the most vitriolic rhetoric about Trump and Republicans), actually goes out and shoots a Republican congressman and others (which CBS anchorman Scott Pelley called "to some degree, self-inflicted" because Republicans are such awful people), the MSM tries to dismiss any connection between what they've been spewing nonstop and the violence.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Sea of red View Post
      Amazing how the far-right operates.

Trump intimates a former attorney general after she alerts him to Michael Flynn's background of being a foreign agent, admits he fired an FBI director for his investigating of his campaign on national television, uses the National Inquirer to blackmail newscasters critical of him, and they couldn't care less.

But THIS is blackmail.
      CNN claims to be a legitimate news source.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Sea of red View Post
        I base my opinions of the right-wing by reading guys like Jonah Goldberg and Charles Kruathammer
        you kill me bro
        "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

this seems to be backfiring on CNN. Just read some of the reply tweets to this reporter: https://twitter.com/KFILE/status/882409739707174912

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
            this seems to be backfiring on CNN. Just read some of the reply tweets to this reporter: https://twitter.com/KFILE/status/882409739707174912
            It is backfiring on the reporter a even his fellow CNN anchors are giving him crap on TV. A lot of people are giving CNN crap, not just Fox I mentioned earlier who I at least observed giving the reporter Crap.
            A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
            George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
              CNN claims everything goes through multiple producers after the last debacle, they're gonna have a very hard time explaining how one of their journalists engaging in criminal suppression of constitutional rights isn't their fault.
              "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

Comment

CNN issues statement:

DD--aX0WAAMcwVM.jpg

Looks like CNN is doubling down with lies and obfuscation. Stupid move, but I guess Posobiec was right that this came from higher-ups and they can't just throw Kaczynsky under the bus.

Comment

Buzzfeed is now claiming that CNN targetted the wrong guy and it wasn't his gif that was originally used, but a similar one made by someone else.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
                    CNN issues statement:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23197[/ATTACH]

Looks like CNN is doubling down with lies and obfuscation. Stupid move, but I guess Posobiec was right that this came from higher-ups and they can't just throw Kaczynsky under the bus.
                    The 21st century version of "may no attention to that man behind the curtain!"

wizardofoz_4675.jpg
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Looks like the shameless scumbags at twitter artificially stopped the CNNBlackmail tag from trending, like they always do when a trend embarasses the left.

Comment

The Intercept has a nice article about the sordid mess:

Source: CNN Warns It May Expose an Anonymous Critic if He Ever Again Publishes Bad Content

EDIT OF MASKED VULGARITY
                        beforeUPDATE: CNN just issued a statement in response to the controversy its article provoked:

Source

© Copyright Original Source

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

No it's not nice at all, that article is a steaming pile of garbage. I mean, they lie IN THE SAME SENTENCE to provide cover for CNN:

there is no evidence the user spoke to CNN before posting his apology (though CNN itself says it contacted the user the day before he posted his apology, which presumably means he knew CNN had found out his name when he posted it).
                          "Other than CNN's own admission, there is no evidence"

Glenn Greenwald
                          I expected better of Greenwald. Leftists gonna leftist I guess.

Comment