Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Liberal Teacher Tells Students It’s ‘Offensive’ to Identify as ‘Straight’

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Laughing --- got me! (but, you know how these unions support one another!!! )
    "i can only go by what you wrote. You shouldn't make such foolish claims!"

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

"i can only go by what you wrote. You shouldn't make such foolish claims!"
      Go to your room!
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post

The real problem right now is that the bad actors are defended while the good ones keep leaving the profession due to how poorly they are treated which reinforces the view that all teachers are bad. This has been happening in all of the groups you mention, as well as other professions you didn't. This has led to a massive distrust of authority on a massive scale.
        And our previous Superintendent of Schools torpedoed our grand plan to do a big Teacher Appreciation Banquet, but, thankfully, the new one embraces it fully. In that, we are seeking to find out from the teachers themselves what they think needs to be done to show that we value them. I highly suspect (based on actual interviews) that the biggest response is "get control of discipline so we don't have to be police, and can be teachers, and not be afraid in the classroom". (Several of our teachers have actually been assaulted by students, and the school board / administration didn't take it seriously at all)
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

And our previous Superintendent of Schools torpedoed our grand plan to do a big Teacher Appreciation Banquet, but, thankfully, the new one embraces it fully. In that, we are seeking to find out from the teachers themselves what they think needs to be done to show that we value them. I highly suspect (based on actual interviews) that the biggest response is "get control of discipline so we don't have to be police, and can be teachers, and not be afraid in the classroom". (Several of our teachers have actually been assaulted by students, and the school board / administration didn't take it seriously at all)
          The same thing was happening at the middle school I went to. It is also happening all over the place. Just look at the channel Teacher Therapy on YouTube. Good teachers are abused by students and bad teachers are able to do whatever they want. Some good teachers stay despite this, but they seem to be a minority.

Comment

Go to your room!
            Ok Stomithican Doyleish

Comment

Yes, it could easily be offensive to say to someone - I am straight, and you are bent. It most situations it is not appropriate to declare your sexual orientation, and especially to say something that would denigrate another person.

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                Yes, it could easily be offensive to say to someone - I am straight, and you are bent.
                It was the "bent ones" who came up with the term "straight".

It most situations it is not appropriate to declare your sexual orientation,
                So, "Gay Pride" is bogus?

and especially to say something that would denigrate another person.
                Them tricky tricky gay people calling heterosexual people "straight"!

Comment

Them tricky tricky gay people calling heterosexual people "straight"!
                  More like "cis."

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                    More like "cis."
                    Subject to change without notice.

Comment