Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Liberal Teacher Tells Students It’s ‘Offensive’ to Identify as ‘Straight’

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Juvenal View Post

You misspelled fringe media.

Again.

... the topic's got nothing to do with your political partisanship and you catch a squirrel out of the corner of your eye, it's like when a dog sniffs its vomit.

Focus, rouge.
    It's an example of what happens when the MSM refuses to cover a story just because one of the few right wing media sources broke it. They end up with egg on their faces playing catch up having to inform the readers why Van Jones resigned whereas everyone else, having been reporting on the swirling controversies, merely had to report the resignation.

Of course, I could have used other examples like how they knew about Clinton and Lewinsky but remained mum thereby allowing a tabloid rag to scoop them. And the same tabloid also broke the story regarding presidential candidate John Edwards fairly open affair with a woman who gave birth to his child because the MSM didn't want to report on it.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      It's an example of what happens when the MSM refuses to cover a story just because one of the few right wing media sources broke it. They end up with egg on their faces playing catch up having to inform the readers why Van Jones resigned whereas everyone else, having been reporting on the swirling controversies, merely had to report the resignation.

Of course, I could have used other examples like how they knew about Clinton and Lewinsky but remained mum thereby allowing a tabloid rag to scoop them. And the same tabloid also broke the story regarding presidential candidate John Edwards fairly open affair with a woman who gave birth to his child because the MSM didn't want to report on it.
      so

She wouldn't have given birth if the MSM had wanted to report on it?
      1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
      ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
      Scripture before Tradition:
      but that won't prevent others from
      taking it upon themselves to deprive you
      of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Originally posted by tabibito View Post

so

She wouldn't have given birth if the MSM had wanted to report on it?
        He had been a presidential candidate and was highly favored as being the VP pick so the MSM didn't want to rock the boat. But the ongoing affair was an open secret with even the location of where they would meet known. So that National Enquirer (better known for celebrity gossip and stories about Bigfoot) simply sent a crew out to encounter him there.

Part of the issue was he was having the affair as his wife was dying of breast cancer.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post

You've repeatedly referenced a job I held 9 years ago, which I never appealed to as giving me any sort of insight, or even mentioned. It's frankly weirding me out a bit.
          Don't worry, Juvenal will be sure to grace us with another self-aggrandizing anecdote about how he dealt with a dissimilar incident so we can bask in the glow of his superiority.
          Last edited by Mountain Man; 01-18-2024, 11:14 AM.
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

It's an example of ...
            ... your inability to think straight when it intersects ever so slightly with your partisan ideology.

The reason real newspapers don't break stories is because they can't confirm them. Or because they can't confirm them without engaging in unethical behavior. The reason the Daily Mail keeps getting sued is because that's not an issue for them or they wouldn't hire staff willing to break the law to get their scoops.

That said, there is an organization that had to cough up $787 million, with more to come, because they chose to follow a narrative in direct contradiction to facts they had themselves uncovered, as we know from the emails from their most senior management.

Comment

He had been a presidential candidate and was highly favored as being the VP pick so the MSM didn't want to rock the boat. But the ongoing affair was an open secret with even the location of where they would meet known. So that National Enquirer (better known for celebrity gossip and stories about Bigfoot) simply sent a crew out to encounter him there.

Part of the issue was he was having the affair as his wife was dying of breast cancer.
              Now that's different, and you know it. Nobody covered a politician's sex life back then unless they taunted the press to do so.
              “Follow me around,” The New York Times Magazine reported him saying just a few weeks after he declared his candidacy. “I don't care. I'm serious. If anybody wants to put a tail on me, go ahead. They'd be very bored.”

Whether or not he was being sarcastic, as he later claimed, it was a bad move. “Why would a man who’s running for the presidency of the United States challenge a reporter to follow him to see if he was an adulterer, when he was an adulterer?” Sheehy asks. “He had to get caught.”

And frankly, if we want to talk about media spiking stories about a politician's lack of sexual self-control, there's a contemporary example begging for equal treatment in the right fringe media.

Comment

Speaking on a general level, I don't see the point of pulling out individual examples of bad teachers and exemplify them, as if they're normal representations of the profession. People who do this will recognize the limitations of such an approach when people do it with cops or with clergy.

(Nor do I get the need to defend obviously bad teachers, like here)
                Last edited by KingsGambit; 01-19-2024, 07:47 AM.
                "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Speaking on a general level, I don't see the point of pulling out individual examples of bad teachers and exemplify them, as if they're normal representations of the profession. People who do this will recognize the limitations of such an approach when people do it with cops or with clergy.

For me, it all goes back to teacher unions who infamously defend bad teachers.
                  And when citizens appear at school boards to speak on this*, they are perceived as the problem.

*I have become rather notorious for speaking at school board meetings, and am credited (though only partially true) with the previous superintendent being removed, and three school board members being replaced. (and the NEW Superintendent is a frequent lunch buddy)
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Juvenal View Post

... your inability to think straight when it intersects ever so slightly with your partisan ideology.

The reason real newspapers don't break stories is because they can't confirm them. Or because they can't confirm them without engaging in unethical behavior. The reason the Daily Mail keeps getting sued is because that's not an issue for them or they wouldn't hire staff willing to break the law to get their scoops.

That said, there is an organization that had to cough up $787 million, with more to come, because they chose to follow a narrative in direct contradiction to facts they had themselves uncovered, as we know from the emails from their most senior management.

Back in the real world all of the controversies swirling around Van Jones were confirmed in short order (some by Van Jones himself), which was why he ended up resigning not long after the story broke. The MSM does not like covering stories that conservative news outlets break and this, like here, is sometimes the result of that attitude. The Clintons were masters at playing off of those sentiments. They could get negative stories spiked by calling editors and publishers and needling them about pushing "rightwing news stories."

With Edwards it was such common knowledge what he was doing that all the National Enquirer had to do was send a crew to wait outside the hotel that he and his baby's momma would regularly meet at and simply wait a day or two. But the MSM refused to even do that because of who he was. A popular powerful Democrat.

Comment

Incidentally, when we were staying at a long-stay hotel for a few weeks after our flood a couple years ago, Edwards himself was staying there as well. Apparently things weren't going so well with his personal life.
                      "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

For me, it all goes back to teacher unions who infamously defend bad teachers.
                        And when citizens appear at school boards to speak on this*, they are perceived as the problem.

*I have become rather notorious for speaking at school board meetings, and am credited (though only partially true) with the previous superintendent being removed, and three school board members being replaced. (and the NEW Superintendent is a frequent lunch buddy)
                        That's no doubt the same reason why you see the same thing with "bad cops" stories popping up - there's also barriers in place to anything being done about them and people feel similarly helpless.

Comment

That's no doubt the same reason why you see the same thing with "bad cops" stories popping up - there's also barriers in place to anything being done about them and people feel similarly helpless.
                          Absolutely - two of my pet peeves --- teacher unions defending bad teachers and police unions defending bad teachers.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Absolutely - two of my pet peeves --- teacher unions defending bad teachers and police unions defending bad teachers.
                            I didn't know police unions defended bad teachers :)

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

I didn't know police unions defended bad teachers :)
                              Laughing --- got me! (but, you know how these unions support one another!!! )

Comment

The real problem right now is that the bad actors are defended while the good ones keep leaving the profession due to how poorly they are treated which reinforces the view that all teachers are bad. This has been happening in all of the groups you mention, as well as other professions you didn't. This has led to a massive distrust of authority on a massive scale.

Comment