Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

George Santos expelled from Congress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• George Santos expelled from Congress

Frankly I'm a bit surprised given how even several Democrats had voiced concern about ousting someone who hasn't been convicted of anything. This sets a president I'm sure that many who voted for his expulsion will later come to regret.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    Frankly I'm a bit surprised given how even several Democrats had voiced concern about ousting someone who hasn't been convicted of anything. This sets a presidentprecedent I'm sure that many who voted for his expulsion will later come to regret.
    ftfy n/c
    Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
    sigpic
    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
      ftfy n/c
      Dang it all. I coulda swore I wrote precedent since I made that mistake in a post yesterday.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Dang it all. I coulda swore I wrote precedent since I made that mistake in a post yesterday.
        Yes, you did. I successfully ignored that one.
        Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
        sigpic
        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Frankly I'm a bit surprised given how even several Democrats had voiced concern about ousting someone who hasn't been convicted of anything. This sets a president I'm sure that many who voted for his expulsion will later come to regret.
          Especially the Democrats they now have proven they are the ones with a double standard since they were the ones to ask for Santos's expulsion before he's been convicted but won't for Menendez.

Comment

And now New York's governor will pick a Democrat to replace him until the next election.

Comment

And now New York's governor will pick a Democrat to replace him until the next election.
              Isn't that just for Senators who represent the states. AFAIR Congressmen represent the people and need a social election

Comment

Nope. The seat will be vacant until a special election. I think Hochul has like 2 weeks to call it and then the election has to be held within like 3 months of her calling it. No replacement appointed by her.

Comment

Couldn't have happened to a better feller.

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

I'm hoping you will be just as congenial when Menendez gets the axe?
                    That's what
                    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by RumTumTugger View Post
                      Isn't that just for Senators who represent the states. AFAIR Congressmen represent the people and need a social election
                      Nope. The seat will be vacant until a special election. I think Hochul has like 2 weeks to call it and then the election has to be held within like 3 months of her calling it. No replacement appointed by her.
                      Yup. You're both correct. Coming home last night they were talking about the possibility of his expulsion on the radio and said Hochul would appoint his replacement, but state law indicates otherwise.

Comment

I doubt anyone will be sorry to see him go. But I'll bet they'll be sorry for establishing this precedent.

Comment

I am glad they expelled the con man.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post

I'm hoping you will be just as congenial when Menendez gets the axe?
                            I sure as hell hope he gets the boot in his corrupt little rear. Guess you forgot I'm a libertarian.

Comment

I sure as hell hope he gets the boot in his corrupt little rear. Guess you forgot I'm a libertarian.
                              I hear gold bars make for a softer landing...
                              That's what
                              - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                              - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                              - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment