Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

What should Israel do now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What should Israel do now?

So what should Israel do now?

CNN: 260 young people shot to death at outside music festival, many taken captive...

800 dead, thousands wounded, with number rising, many taken captive, including Americans
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

I don't know what they should do, but I know what they will do. They're going to drop the hammer down like nothing we've seen in the past. If Palestinians thought they had it bad before, they haven't seen anything yet. And it's over with when it comes to who will fully control the Temple Mount.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
      I don't know what they should do, but I know what they will do. They're going to drop the hammer down like nothing we've seen in the past. If Palestinians thought they had it bad before, they haven't seen anything yet. And it's over with when it comes to who will fully control the Temple Mount.
      I think you are right about the Temple Mount, but that could lead to a wider war...They are showing the bodies of those young people killed at the festival now.

https://nypost.com/2023/10/08/horrif...usic-festival/
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Making the Temple Mount an issue wouldn't be wise since it'll likely draw in the other Muslim countries -- including those who really don't want to be involved.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          Making the Temple Mount an issue wouldn't be wise since it'll likely draw in the other Muslim countries -- including those who really don't want to be involved.
          I suspect that all this is related. Some might be familiar with what Ben Gvir was doing there which sparked all sorts of outrage, but a lot of people don't realize that Israeli soldiers a while ago had forcefully entered Al Aqsa mosque to seize a bunch of rowdy teens (which was of course construed in the media as "worshipers" being harassed) that also sparked all sorts of rage. So all this seems to be tied to that Temple Mount situation.

Comment

In any case, I think they will destroy Hamas no matter the cost. And I don't hold out any hope for the hostages...

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
              So what should Israel do now?
              Data on casualties | United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs - occupied Palestinian territory (ochaopt.org)

Casualties since 2008

Israeli fatalities: 308
              Palestinian fatalities: 5,365

Recent events will significantly change these numbers.

Comment

I suspect that all this is related. Some might be familiar with what Ben Gvir was doing there which sparked all sorts of outrage, but a lot of people don't realize that Israeli soldiers a while ago had forcefully entered Al Aqsa mosque to seize a bunch of rowdy teens (which was of course construed in the media as "worshipers" being harassed) that also sparked all sorts of rage. So all this seems to be tied to that Temple Mount situation.
                Hamas has never needed an excuse. And I think Biden giving Iran $6 Billion just a few weeks ago has a lot more to do with the timing than anything else.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

In any case, I think they will destroy Hamas no matter the cost. And I don't hold out any hope for the hostages...
                  Anyone wanna wager that China is going to step in offering to broker a cease fire and release of the hostages?

Comment

Originally posted by whag View Post

Data on casualties | United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs - occupied Palestinian territory (ochaopt.org)

Casualties since 2008

Israeli fatalities: 308
                    Palestinian fatalities: 5,365

Recent events will significantly change these numbers.
                    And I suspect those Palestinian fatalities came after attacks on Israel, and you are correct - it is going to get much worse. Because now Israel will have to destroy Hamas in Gaza.

Comment

Anyone wanna wager that China is going to step in offering to broker a cease fire and release of the hostages?
                      How is Israel going to negotiate? Do you think they will stop their invasion for any reason?

Comment

Hamas has never needed an excuse. And I think Biden giving Iran $6 Billion just a few weeks ago has a lot more to do with the timing than anything else.
                        I don't doubt that may have had some influence, but analysis I've heard from others is that this was too coordinated to have been a random attack, and that it had been planned for some time. But I'm no expert and this is all based on preliminary reports.
                        Last edited by seanD; 10-08-2023, 03:49 PM.

Comment

How is Israel going to negotiate? Do you think they will stop their invasion for any reason?
                          I'm talking about several weeks from now. At this point nothing but God Himself will stop them.

Comment

I don't doubt that may have had some influence, but analysis I've heard from others is that this was too coordinated to have been a random attack, and that it had been planned for some time. But I'm no expert and this is all based on preliminary reports.
                            I wouldn't be surprised at all if they stay primed and pumped to attack Israel 24/7. That's pretty much their purpose for existing.

Comment

How is Israel going to negotiate?
                              Well, they could start by telling Hamas, "OK, you want 100% of Israelis dead, and Israel wiped off the face of the earth --- how bout we let you kill 50% of us and take half our land...."
                              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment