Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

RFK Jr Independent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
    And conspiring to damage his campaign? "One email exchange suggested bringing up Sanders’ religious beliefs as a way to hurt his campaign in parts of the country." Democrats should be thanking Assange for revealing what could have severely damaged the party had it gone too far.
    Are you saying that asking a candidate about his religious beliefs should be off limits?

I could get behind that.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      Cornel West's candidacy has been one that has been keeping them up at night as they realize he'll peel off a significant portion of the black vote (who are becoming increasingly disenchanted with the duffer).

But yeah, of the 16 polls since May that I've seen that have included third party candidates, old Joe led in only one and for the most part the trend is starting to exceed the margin of error.
      I saw the interview of West with Jimmy Dore. West is no threat whatsoever. As soon as the DNC tells him to step down and endorse who they want, he'll take the knee willingly, much like the Dem primary candidates did in 2020. RFK probably won't, though they'll smear him mercilessly.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic View Post

I think his only appeal to Republicans is as someone they can beat in the general election, or as a third party candidate to take votes away from Biden.
        I don't know, you could be right, but I've heard a lot of talk from the right about how they like this guy. It makes sense to me because he is kind of a screwball conspiracy theorist. I'm sure he'd get some democrats as well simply because of the D and the Kennedy name. But, I'd rather he didn't run as well, this election is to important to get it wrong.

Comment

Are you saying that asking a candidate about his religious beliefs should be off limits?

I could get behind that.
          Am I saying that? I'm neutral on it. The point was that Wasserman hoped to derail his campaign by doing so.

Comment

I think his only appeal to Republicans is as someone they can beat in the general election, or as a third party candidate to take votes away from Biden.
            I know what his "appeal" is. It's that he is an outsider in his party, intelligent and well spoken, and has good geopolitical sense.

His positions on the environment and vaccines, however, are extreme.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post

No doubt a Cornel West candidacy would hurt the Democrats as any librel 3rd party candidacy would regardless of what you think of Bidens popularity among blacks or any one else on the more liberal side of the aisle.

Yes, the 3rd party's in question tend to be designed to hurt democrats so that only makes sense. So then, the danger of electing Trump, who General Milley in his farewell speech just called a wannabe dictator, (will anything ever wake you Trumpsters up) becomes more likely.
              Libertarians usually draw more from Republicans than they do from Democrats.

And funny you'd the cite the guy who pushed the line on outright treason when he contacted an adversary to tell him he would disobey orders from Trump (calling his pay master?)

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I know what his "appeal" is. It's that he is an outsider in his party, intelligent and well spoken, and has good geopolitical sense.

His positions on the environment and vaccines, however, are extreme.
                He also represents a significant portion of Democrats who over the last several years have been left scratching their heads wondering what happened to their party.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Libertarians usually draw more from Republicans than they do from Democrats.
                  Who's the Libertarian?

And funny you'd the cite the guy who pushed the line on outright treason when he contacted an adversary to tell him he would disobey orders from Trump (calling his pay master?)
                  Yes, a career military General who served and fought for his country, for freedom, I cite over a draft dodger who called dead soldiers in the cemetery "suckers" That's the kind of man you support. It's pathetic!
                  Last edited by JimL; 09-30-2023, 06:07 PM.

Comment

There is also a theory that you are an AI program, planted here by Leftists that are too tired and busy to deal with TWeb. That one is pretty convincing.
                    Well, no, given that the "I" in "AI" stands for "Intelligence."
                    Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

So, your party needs to get rid of Biden. That would be a big start.
                      Nay, nay, nay, a THOUSAND times nay!!! Joe needs to stay!!!
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Who's the Libertarian?
                        Several have expressed interest in running for the nomination.

Here you go: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2024_L...tial_primaries

Yes, a career military General who served and fought for his country, for freedom, I cite over a draft dodger who called dead soldiers in the cemetery "suckers" That's the kind of man you support. It's pathetic!
                        "Fought," huh? Where exactly did he see combat?

Comment

Several have expressed interest in running for the nomination.

Here you go: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2024_L...tial_primaries
                          Expressed interest, ok. But a libertarian won't necessarily be on the ballot. But i would think you to be correct, libertarians are ideological closer to Republicans than to Democrats so would probably take more votes away form Republicans. Let's hope one gets on the ballot eh !!

"Fought," huh? Where exactly did he see combat?
                          Wow. He comes from a military family, spent his entire career in the military, was in Iraq, Herzegovina,/Bosnia, Afghanistan to mention a few. What exactly are you suggesting? He's certainly not a draft dodger like Trump. He certainly doesn't think soldiers who died in battle are "suckers" like Trump does, he doesnt demean American war heros like John McCain, like Trump does. He doesnt kiss the butts of our Dictator enemies around the world like Trump does. He certainly respects his oath to the Constitution, unlike Trump who does not.
                          I mean I'm not sure what you're trying to imply about General Milley, but to put him beneath Trump who has no respect for the military, for the soldiers who gave thier lives, for the Constitution, for democracy, for "THE LAW" or, if you want to know the truth, he has no respect for his own supporters.

Comment

But a libertarian won't necessarily be on the ballot.
                            The Libertarian Party's presidential candidate was on the ballot of every state (plus DC) in the last two presidential elections, and the one before that (2012) they were on 48 of the 50 states plus DC.

Comment

Originally posted by Terraceth View Post
                              The Libertarian Party's presidential candidate was on the ballot of every state (plus DC) in the last two presidential elections, and the one before that (2012) they were on 48 of the 50 states plus DC.
                              Hmm, interesting. I guess I don't pay much attention to them. Do you happen to know how they factored in, which of the two main parties did their canidacy hurt or help.

Comment

Wow. He comes from a military family, spent his entire career in the military, was in Iraq, Herzegovina,/Bosnia, Afghanistan to mention a few. What exactly are you suggesting? He's certainly not a draft dodger like Trump. He certainly doesn't think soldiers who died in battle are "suckers" like Trump does, he doesnt demean American war heros like John McCain, like Trump does. He doesnt kiss the butts of our Dictator enemies around the world like Trump does. He certainly respects his oath to the Constitution, unlike Trump who does not.
                                I mean I'm not sure what you're trying to imply about General Milley, but to put him beneath Trump who has no respect for the military, for the soldiers who gave thier lives, for the Constitution, for democracy, for "THE LAW" or, if you want to know the truth, he has no respect for his own supporters.
                                He's never been in combat as you implied. A garrison trooper. He rose through the ranks by knowing which butts to smooch. The Pentagon is full of his ilk. He exposed his loyalties when he scurried off to keep his bosses in China in the loop

Comment