Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

New racist words to stop using

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New racist words to stop using

Bigger

Digger

Jigger

Tigger

Vigor

Oh, and, Rigger.

https://www.mediaite.com/news/blatan...ent-incidents/

‘Blatant Racism!’ MSNBC Hosts Slam Trump Over ‘RIGGERS!’ Attack — Code For ‘N-Word’ — And Threats Amid Violent Incidents

MSNBC host Rev. Al Sharpton and others slammed ex-President Donald Trump over his “racist” and “violent” language — including the use of a term many see as a coded stand-in for the n-word — amid recent violent episodes involving Trump fans.

Trump responded to Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis’s new indictment on 13 election crimes counts by lashing out on social media against “RIGGERS!” — part of a relentless campaign of attacks on the legal jeopardy he faces.

That campaign continues against a backdrop that includes one Trump supporter being gunned down by FBI agents after he threatened President Joe Biden and another being arrested for threatening Judge Tanya Chutkan.

On Thursday morning’s edition of MSNBC’s Morning Joe, Rev. Sharpton and fellow MSNBC hosts Joe Scarborough, Mika Brzezinski, and Jonathan Lemire connected Trump’s “blatant racism” with an environment that encourages “blatant violence”:
    JOE SCARBOROUGH: They are, Donald Trump and some extreme supporters are you know, they are they’re promoting this violence because their words are violent. And I again, I could I could list a hundred things that Trump and his supporters have said and have done where they promote, you know, fascist-style violence against government officials. I mean, my God, just look, he’s not a Trump supporter, but he’s learning to play Trump’s game. Ron DeSantis, when asked about federal employees, he said on the first day he’s going to slit their throats. This is the rhetoric that has taken over in the Republican Party and we see the consequences of it.

REV. AL SHARPTON: And the Republican Party leadership not coming out, denouncing it. And none of the candidates or the top tier candidates are really denouncing the violence or the rhetoric, as you point out, slit throat all the way to Donald Trump saying, “I’m going to come after you” in the midst of people being arrested and one man shot dead because he was had a weapon and FBI agents. And the racial language. I mean, this woman to call a federal office on call a judge’s chambers, talking about to a slave? Using a word that rhymes with the N-word. Donald Trump himself, their leader, using the term “RIGGERS”, which clearly rhymes with the N-word.

MIKA BRZEZINSKI: Exactly. Come on!

REV. AL SHARPTON: I mean, this is not exactly ten years ago. 30 years ago, we marched against him on the Central Park Five. Oh, I’m talking about he– within the last 24 hours, use the term “riggers.” Is this the kind of party the Republicans want to show the country that they are? There’s no one to independent to running away from them. To identify with blatant racism and blatant violence is not the party that we need. And I’ve never been a Republican, never leaned their way. But we need a two-party system. But we don’t need one good practice itself in bigotry.

JONATHAN LEMIRE: Yeah, and Trump has used, of course, that racist and inflammatory language for so long and only leaning into it further as he’s dealing with whether it’s this judge who is African-American or Alvin Bragg of Manhattan, a Black man, this is something that he is putting central to his defense and his supporters are following their lead.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
    Bigger

Digger

Jigger

Tigger

Vigor

Oh, and, Rigger.

I figure you shouldn't snigger at this lest someone gets triggered

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

I figure you shouldn't snigger at this lest someone gets triggered
      Oh great another Disney favorite or book for the idiot left to ban.

Comment

Bigger

Digger

Jigger

Tigger

Vigor

Oh, and, Rigger.

‘Blatant Racism!’ MSNBC Hosts Slam Trump Over ‘RIGGERS!’ Attack — Code For ‘N-Word’ — And Threats Amid Violent Incidents

MSNBC host Rev. Al Sharpton and others slammed ex-President Donald Trump over his “racist” and “violent” language — including the use of a term many see as a coded stand-in for the n-word — amid recent violent episodes involving Trump fans.

Trump responded to Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis’s new indictment on 13 election crimes counts by lashing out on social media against “RIGGERS!” — part of a relentless campaign of attacks on the legal jeopardy he faces.

That campaign continues against a backdrop that includes one Trump supporter being gunned down by FBI agents after he threatened President Joe Biden and another being arrested for threatening Judge Tanya Chutkan.

On Thursday morning’s edition of MSNBC’s Morning Joe, Rev. Sharpton and fellow MSNBC hosts Joe Scarborough, Mika Brzezinski, and Jonathan Lemire connected Trump’s “blatant racism” with an environment that encourages “blatant violence”:
        JOE SCARBOROUGH: They are, Donald Trump and some extreme supporters are you know, they are they’re promoting this violence because their words are violent. And I again, I could I could list a hundred things that Trump and his supporters have said and have done where they promote, you know, fascist-style violence against government officials. I mean, my God, just look, he’s not a Trump supporter, but he’s learning to play Trump’s game. Ron DeSantis, when asked about federal employees, he said on the first day he’s going to slit their throats. This is the rhetoric that has taken over in the Republican Party and we see the consequences of it.

REV. AL SHARPTON: And the Republican Party leadership not coming out, denouncing it. And none of the candidates or the top tier candidates are really denouncing the violence or the rhetoric, as you point out, slit throat all the way to Donald Trump saying, “I’m going to come after you” in the midst of people being arrested and one man shot dead because he was had a weapon and FBI agents. And the racial language. I mean, this woman to call a federal office on call a judge’s chambers, talking about to a slave? Using a word that rhymes with the N-word. Donald Trump himself, their leader, using the term “RIGGERS”, which clearly rhymes with the N-word.

REV. AL SHARPTON: I mean, this is not exactly ten years ago. 30 years ago, we marched against him on the Central Park Five. Oh, I’m talking about he– within the last 24 hours, use the term “riggers.” Is this the kind of party the Republicans want to show the country that they are? There’s no one to independent to running away from them. To identify with blatant racism and blatant violence is not the party that we need. And I’ve never been a Republican, never leaned their way. But we need a two-party system. But we don’t need one good practice itself in bigotry.

JONATHAN LEMIRE: Yeah, and Trump has used, of course, that racist and inflammatory language for so long and only leaning into it further as he’s dealing with whether it’s this judge who is African-American or Alvin Bragg of Manhattan, a Black man, this is something that he is putting central to his defense and his supporters are following their lead.

So Al Sharpton now the black face of white racism because he assumes that all the people who rigged the election were black.

I actually looked at the links in the op and low and behold found the whole quote that all Sharpton is talking about and you can only twist riggers to mean the "n" word by only looking at the last sentence of the quote and even that is pushing it. Sorry I am on MT tablet which does not allow me to copy and paste the quote from the link about lashing out. Where it shows his whole quote and the context of it where he spoke of those who he believed rigged the system.

Comment

Bigger

Digger

Jigger

Tigger

Vigor

Oh, and, Rigger.

You REALLY wanna say that word, don’t you? =)

My mom once slapped me upside the head for causally saying a racial epithet in high school. She’s now MAGA and uses the n-word on occasion. It’s an extraordinary mystery of life how a personality can change like that. I confess it disturbs me a lot but am also fascinated by the fact that the brain might just be a machine that breaks down, causing the governors present in the mind to simply fail and spill out unconscious hate.

Regarding the article, I’m not aware of Combover Caligula’s use of the rhyming word as a provocative tool, so I can’t comment on that at present. I AM, however, aware that CC lied about Ruby Freeman—a black woman—stealing the election from him and the resulting avalanche of racist thugs that lie caused: racist MAGAs threatening her and her mom’s life, making her fear for their existence. I’d regard that as more racially provocative—because he knows what he’s doing—than him using a rhyming word to trigger black people. Both things only a pathetic POS would do.

BTW, mossy, it’s posts like these—the ones that show your real feelings and how you spend your last few precious moments on this earth getting worked up about epithets you can’t use anymore—have the opposite proselytizing effect that you think you have. You are the detritus of Christian evangelical culture and should be ashamed of yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by whag View Post

You really are an idiot...
            Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

My mom once slapped me upside the head for causally saying a racial epithet in high school. She’s now MAGA and uses the n-word on occasion. It’s an extraordinary mystery of life how a personality can change like that. I confess it disturbs me a lot but am also fascinated by the fact that the brain might just be a machine that breaks down, causing the governors present in the mind to simply fail and spill out unconscious hate.

Regarding the article, I’m not aware of Combover Caligula’s use of the rhyming word as a provocative tool, so I can’t comment on that at present. I AM, however, aware that CC lied about Ruby Freeman—a black woman—stealing the election from him and the resulting avalanche of racist thugs that lie caused: racist MAGAs threatening her and her mom’s life, making her fear for their existence. I’d regard that as more racially provocative—because he knows what he’s doing—than him using a rhyming word to trigger black people. Both things only a pathetic POS would do.

BTW, mossy, it’s posts like these—the ones that show your real feelings and how you spend your last few precious moments on this earth getting worked up about epithets you can’t use anymore—have the opposite proselytizing effect that you think you have. You are the detritus of Christian evangelical culture and should be ashamed of yourself.
              Go away.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

We actually had an instance of that in Denmark. We don't have the N-word, we have the P-word, for certain ethnicities living in Denmark. Some members of the police had begun using the word "pearl" for them instead. It wasn't made a rule you couldn't say that, but it was highlighted as bad behavior, after that I never heard anything more about it.

Hey Mossrose, would you be okay if I began using the F-word by merely substituting the F with a B?

That being said, the list did seem a bit overly long. Usually I know about a singular word heavily and clearly used as a substitute, not a whole host of words.

Comment

Several officials here in Georgia including the Secretary of State and Governor received death threats from Trump supporters for not supporting his efforts to overturn the election outcome here. I guess that's the result of racism in spite of their being white.

And excuse me if your little anecdote doesn't sound like a bunch of made-up-on-the-fly crap.

My momma used to smack me for saying the n-word but now she says it all the time ever since she supported Trump

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
                    We actually had an instance of that in Denmark. We don't have the N-word, we have the P-word, for certain ethnicities living in Denmark. Some members of the police had begun using the word "pearl" for them instead. It wasn't made a rule you couldn't say that, but it was highlighted as bad behavior, after that I never heard anything more about it.

Hey Mossrose, would you be okay if I began using the F-word by merely substituting the F with a B?

That being said, the list did seem a bit overly long. Usually I know about a singular word heavily and clearly used as a substitute, not a whole host of words.
                    This thread is merely commenting on the idiocy of the fact that the left will use any excuse to call somebody or something racist for any reason, real or imagined. Snowmen are racist because they are white. Lawns are racist, cold weather, Spongebob Squarepants, exercise, etc, ad infinitum, ad nauseum.

Here is a list of a few of them.

https://nationalfile.com/10-most-out...st-by-experts/

And another list.

https://thefederalist.com/2022/04/27...l-race-hatred/

The list of words I used in the op are my own. I'm just anticipating that time when the left bans all words that rhyme with the actual forbidden word.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                      Several officials here in Georgia including the Secretary of State and Governor received death threats from Trump supporters for not supporting his efforts to overturn the election outcome here. I guess that's the result of racism in spite of their being white.

And excuse me if your little anecdote doesn't sound like a bunch of made-up-on-the-fly crap.

My momma used to smack me for saying the n-word but now she says it all the time ever since she supported Trump

I have asked whag to go away. Please don't respond to him.

Comment

The list of words I used in the op are my own. I'm just anticipating that time when the left bans all words that rhyme with the actual forbidden word.
                        Oh I misunderstood, I thought that list was real.

Comment

In case anybody is interested, a rigger is a real thing. You can get certified as one.

https://fulford.ca/rigger-certification/

Or, you can be like McGyver, and rig any solution to a problem with a paper clip and a gum wrapper.

Or, you can look in the dictionary.

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dic...english/rigger

rigger
                          noun [ C ]

uk
                          /ˈrɪɡ.ər/ us
                          /ˈrɪɡ.ɚ/

rigger noun [C] (JOB)

Add to word list
                          sailing specializedsomeone who arranges and works with the ropes that support and control a ship's sails:

He had a licence to act as a rigger on a sailing ship around 1880.
                          A whole army of shipwrights, boiler-makers, painters, and riggers slowly rebuilt the ship.

someone who works with ropes, chains, lifting devices, etc. on a building site (= a piece of land on which a building or other structure is being built):

When they have cut through a section, the riggers come in and cable it to a crane.
                          I can't get the standard of riggers, chippies, and plasterers I need.

someone who puts up large pieces of stage, lighting, and sound equipment for concerts, festivals, film sets, etc.:

He leads a team of riggers on the film set.
                          A rigger suffered a broken leg in the accident at Earl's Court in London.

someone who repairs the moving parts and flight controls of an aircraft :

The riggers spent a couple of weeks checking the aircraft before it flew again.
                          He worked as a rigger with the ground crew, responsible for examining the aircraft.

someone who works on or helps build an oil rig (= a large structure with equipment for removing oil from under the ground, especially from under the sea):

In some jobs, for example divers and offshore riggers, physical fitness is essential.
                          A rigger from Elgin was one of the first oilmen to arrive back at Aberdeen Airport.

someone who takes care of, repairs, and packs parachutes (= large pieces of cloth that are fastened to people who jump from an aircraft, to make them fall safely to the ground):

He served as a parachute rigger in Vietnam.
                          He has been a rigger for 15 years and has jumped at least 800 times.

theatre & film specializedin animation (= moving images created from drawings, models, etc. that are photographed or created by a computer), someone who creates the frameworks that make the characters move :

Riggers create digital skeletons for computer-generated characters.
                          A character rigger designs the skeletal frameworks of animated characters.

rigger noun [C] (DISHONEST PERSON)

someone who arranges dishonestly for the result of something, for example an election, to be changed:

The US has hit election riggers from that country with a visa ban.
                          Market riggers should be punished with with fines and prison.

My husband taught oil field riggers for a living for decades.

It's all so very ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post

Oh I misunderstood, I thought that list was real.
                            It will be. It will be..........

Comment

It will be. It will be..........
                              Honestly if people begin consisting using one of those words as a replacement word for the N-word, but its clear to everyone that's what it means, that's just as bad as using the N-word.

Comment