Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Harvard Study: Media Bias Against Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    The phrase "so open-mind your brain fell out" comes to mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Meh Gerbil View Post
      I think we should run through a simple exercise and measure RumTumTugger's abilities.
      Let's compare the ability of our test subject to understand a simple phrase.
      We'll use a representative of the Supreme Court as our baseline.

THE TEST
      Let's look at the phrase: "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion..."

TEST SUBJECT #1
      I sent RumTumTugger a telegram asking what that phrase meant and here is her response:
      "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion..."

TEST SUBJECT #2
      I sent the Supreme Court a telegram asking what the phrase meant and Ruth Bader Ginsburg showed up on my doorstep.
      She was all bug-eyed and frothing at the mouth - her black muumuu blowing in the winds of a storm that had just arisen.
      She said the phrase means "Civil governments not at all connected to congress shall not place religious items on public properties in celebration even though that doesn't establish a religion and even though no laws are touched by it."
      She then cackled, turned into a bat, crapped on my Bible and flew away.

VERDICT
      RumTumTugger has a much better grasp on the English language than the Supreme Court, which I'm afraid, isn't saying much at all.
      And here I thought she was the only one who had experienced that.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Meh Gerbil View Post
        I think we should run through a simple exercise and measure RumTumTugger's abilities.
        Let's compare the ability of our test subject to understand a simple phrase.
        We'll use a representative of the Supreme Court as our baseline.

THE TEST
        Let's look at the phrase: "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion..."

TEST SUBJECT #1
        I sent RumTumTugger a telegram asking what that phrase meant and here is her response:
        "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion..."

TEST SUBJECT #2
        I sent the Supreme Court a telegram asking what the phrase meant and Ruth Bader Ginsburg showed up on my doorstep.
        She was all bug-eyed and frothing at the mouth - her black muumuu blowing in the winds of a storm that had just arisen.
        She said the phrase means "Civil governments not at all connected to congress shall not place religious items on public properties in celebration even though that doesn't establish a religion and even though no laws are touched by it."
        She then cackled, turned into a bat, crapped on my Bible and flew away.

VERDICT
        RumTumTugger has a much better grasp on the English language than the Supreme Court, which I'm afraid, isn't saying much at all.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
          Of course we already knew this, but now it is official!
          Just because its negative coverage doesn't make it biased. The wannabee dictator is bad news thus he will continue to get negative coverage.

Comment

Unless that wannabe dictator has dark skin, and then it's nothing but glowing praise. Of course the fact that Obama openly threatened and intimidated any journalist who displeased him might have had something to do with it. Best not to upset dear leader.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/media/...freedom-164544
            http://www.motherjones.com/politics/...-leaks-drones/
            https://cpj.org/reports/2013/10/obam...e-post-911.php
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment