Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

This. THIS is why we didn't want women in politics.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*FART*

I'd apologize, but it is natural which means I can do that anywhere at anytime and anyone who is offended or uncomfortable is an idiot.
    Long story short: Remove social norms and I'll have you begging to re-instate them in short odor. (1)

NOTES
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1: I give that pun an 8/10.
    Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      Or just urinate in the nearest potted plant.
      It's natural.
      Excuse me, did I get some zit on you?
      I like to deal with my acne during business meetings.
      Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

Or you could tell the lady that you are thirsty and could you have a sip?

Comment

Originally posted by Meh Gerbil View Post
          I'm not weirded out by breasts.
          I've been to topless beaches for cryin' out loud. (1)

I don't want someone changing their baby on the table next to me in a restaurant.
          I don't want a kid sitting in front of me at the theatre while I'm watching an R rated movie.
          I don't want to be at a business meeting with someone wearing cargo shorts.
          I don't want to be sitting in church while two kids make out in the front row.

^---- None of those things are illegal or even morally wrong. The point is there is a time and a place for things - where the comfort levels of everyone is the room is considered - but in our society, for some reason, we have to embrace every idiotic impulse of every poorly bred nitwit who has adopted the idea that being rude is the same thing as being free. The first woman who breasts feeds in any public meeting I'm at I'll walk by her and rip a big fart. Hey, it's natural. Retards.

NOTES
          -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          1. If they get too much sun, by the way, they turn brown and wrinkle up like crepe paper
          Your examples are not in any way comparable. I think even seeing a similarity to breast feeding is pretty weird.
          Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
            Your examples are not in any way comparable. I think even seeing a similarity to breast feeding is pretty weird.
            If two married people started making out in church you'd be the first elder to rush up front and break it up.
            Two married people kissing is natural, approved by God, and something all married couples do.

And yet you'd have a problem with it.
            You'd argue that the kissing isn't the problem, but the context - which is exactly what I'm doing.

You know exactly the point I'm making here.

The rebuttal of 'it is natural' isn't a rebuttal at all.
            The rebuttal of 'you are weird' also isn't a rebuttal at all.

Got anything else?

Comment

...in short odor.
              How has this pun not gotten at least 3 amens?

Comment

...Because it stinks?
                I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                  ...Because it stinks?
                  Your contributions are like a breath of fresh air.

Comment

You are just an amen whore!
                    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Who nose? Maybe because it didn't make scents.

Comment

If two married people started making out in church you'd be the first elder to rush up front and break it up.
                        Two married people kissing is natural, approved by God, and something all married couples do.

And yet you'd have a problem with it.
                        You'd argue that the kissing isn't the problem, but the context - which is exactly what I'm doing.

You know exactly the point I'm making here.

The rebuttal of 'it is natural' isn't a rebuttal at all.
                        The rebuttal of 'you are weird' also isn't a rebuttal at all.

Got anything else?
                        dayum, this hardcore beatdown almost qualifies as elderly abuse
                        "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                          I'm pretty torn on this one. I agree with Gerbil that "it's natural" is a stupid reason. I also agree that 'be polite' should be a basic tenet of social interaction.

BUT

I have to question why 'be polite' has to encompass everything it does.

I don't want a baby changed on the table next to me, but that's a hygiene concern. I don't care about cargo shorts except that it shows a general lack of respect (I guess? Oregon is super laid back about dress code). I would argue that making out in church IS morally wrong.

What I mostly don't get is the indignance when people are told they shouldn't be doing something. I don't understand why it's 'too much effort' to cover up when breastfeeding. I don't get the "but I'm a liberated woman" nonsense that seems to be a part of it so often (and far more the reason than baby needs feeding, imo). I don't get why people are offended by breastfeeding, and I don't get why people feel the need to berate others for breastfeeding.

Nothing about this makes much sense, and it seems like it comes down to people wanting to what they want without complete disregard to everyone else.
                          I'm not here anymore.

Comment

Personally I think women should just walk around topless. Tear the bandaid off!

Comment

I'm not weirded out by breasts.
                              I've been to topless beaches for cryin' out loud. (1)

I don't want someone changing their baby on the table next to me in a restaurant.
                              I don't want a kid sitting in front of me at the theatre while I'm watching an R rated movie.
                              I don't want to be at a business meeting with someone wearing cargo shorts.
                              I don't want to be sitting in church while two kids make out in the front row.

^---- None of those things are illegal or even morally wrong. The point is there is a time and a place for things - where the comfort levels of everyone is the room is considered - but in our society, for some reason, we have to embrace every idiotic impulse of every poorly bred nitwit who has adopted the idea that being rude is the same thing as being free. The first woman who breasts feeds in any public meeting I'm at I'll walk by her and rip a big fart. Hey, it's natural. Retards.
                              And none of those things are analogous, the proper place and time to feed a baby is where and when the baby is hungry. Face it, you're problem is that for some reason breast feeding itself is abhorent to you.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                                And none of those things are analogous, the proper place and time to feed a baby is where and when the baby is hungry. Face it, you're problem is that for some reason breast feeding itself is abhorent to you.
                                I know you have a need for me to have a problem with breast feeding but your need doesn't dictate reality.
                                I also reject out of hand that a pro-abortion advocate suddenly has a baby's need as defining any sort of moral behavior.

Here is a PRO TIP: Get to the point where you can contribute a two line post without shooting yourself in the foot before engaging others in a debate forum.

Comment