Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

There's No England Now...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
    Most of the attackers didn't go to Europe to specifically attack. They only decided on that after actually meeting you. So a ban on further immigration would go a long way.
    Go to Europe? Most of the attackers were born & raised in the countries they attacked, so a ban on immigration would not affect this. Not that there isn't already reason to reduce or look at the immigration coming from some of these countries, but given the attacks so far, this isn't one. I agree something needs to be done to reduce the number of 'lone gunmen' attacks though - any ideas?

Who cares what ISIS thinks.
    Noone really cares what ISIS thinks other than the message they are propogating and how we're playing into said message.

But yes, importing savages and then turning your continent into an authoritarian craphole (arguably, it already is that) is a horrible idea.
    Agree with the first part - I see no reason to import most of these people, as they do not have skills we require and many do not integrate - though European countries should enforce integration of migrants more thoroughly.

Not sure what you mean specifically by authoritarian craphole, however.

Brilliant plan:
    1. Import millions of savages
    2. Abuse and humiliate their most cherished possession at every turn.
    3. Profit

Comment

Originally posted by Abigail View Post
      Schools asking parents for donations is not new and was happening under Labour. From the time my eldest got to highschool we got letters home asking for us to make regular contributions (state comprehensive). My children have all left school now so it is not something new. Discipline in the school was terrible.
      It is representative in that it reflects the general mantra that if funding levels are not at the same level as private schools then the education will be bad and that is not true. When I was in highschool we had big class sizes (30+) in most classes and yet some of the kids in my school gave the kids from private schools a run for their money. Our schools had much tighter discipline in the classrooms than we get in state schools today.

Comment

Originally posted by EvoUK View Post
        Go to Europe? Most of the attackers were born & raised in the countries they attacked, so a ban on immigration would not affect this. Not that there isn't already reason to reduce or look at the immigration coming from some of these countries, but given the attacks so far, this isn't one. I agree something needs to be done to reduce the number of 'lone gunmen' attacks though - any ideas?
        Actually at least 1 that i remember was a refugee (one of the truck drivers). And obviously an immigration ban would not affect past immigrants, but it would prevent creating more. It's a no-brainer that an immigration ban is the minimum.

Noone really cares what ISIS thinks other than the message they are propogating and how we're playing into said message.
        ISIS should (and probably will) be destroyed anyway.

I agree, but you are missign the point, which is that assaulting their religion doesn't solve the problem (you offered it as a solution), it aggravates it.

Expelling these people is an obvious solution, and probably the more humane one given that the current status quo will almost certainly lead to genocide in the long run.
        "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

You can fight the battle now and lose a couple of 100,000 lives.
          Your children can fight the battle later and lose millions of lives and all of England in the process.

Pick one.
          Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

Originally posted by Meh Gerbil View Post
            You can fight the battle now and lose a couple of 100,000 lives.
            Your children can fight the battle later and lose millions of lives and all of England in the process.

Pick one.
            *sniff*

I never thought I'd see the day Gerbil proposed civil war before I do. He's all grown up!
            "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

I agree, but you are missign the point, which is that assaulting their religion doesn't solve the problem (you offered it as a solution), it aggravates it.

Expelling these people is an obvious solution, and probably the more humane one given that the current status quo will almost certainly lead to genocide in the long run.

Comment

*sniff*

I never thought I'd see the day Gerbil proposed civil war before I do. He's all grown up!
                I'm not sure of the Christian's role.
                From a purely secular standpoint they better fight the battle now.

In our lifetimes, we may look back and say things like "Do you remember when atheists existed?"
                Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                  So let me get this right. You can kill an infant without consent but you can't have sex with him/her?
                  As far as I can figure it, liberals believe everything is permissible so long as two people consent to it, with the definition of "consent" being open to interpretation.

I can't see how such a moral foundation can lead to anything other than anarchy.
                  Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                  But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                  Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Meh Gerbil View Post
                    In our lifetimes, we may look back and say things like "Do you remember when atheists existed?"
                    As we quietly hold Bible studies in inner rooms and hope the Muslims don't find us.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                      As we quietly hold Bible studies in inner rooms and hope the Muslims don't find us.
                      or maybe not

http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/...gypt-isis.html Forgiveness: Muslims Moved as Coptic Christians Do the Unimaginable
                      Last edited by tabibito; 04-23-2017, 12:06 PM.
                      1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                      ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
                      Scripture before Tradition:
                      but that won't prevent others from
                      taking it upon themselves to deprive you
                      of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Originally posted by tabibito View Post
                        or maybe not

http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/...gypt-isis.html Forgiveness: Muslims Moved as Coptic Christians Do the Unimaginable
                        Meanwhile, Christians in the Middle East continue to be slaughtered by the hundreds every day.

Comment

Actually at least 1 that i remember was a refugee (one of the truck drivers). And obviously an immigration ban would not affect past immigrants, but it would prevent creating more. It's a no-brainer that an immigration ban is the minimum.
                          Some of ISIS have said that they will slip in amongst refugees but like EvoUK most of the terrorism here in UK has been by ones born in Britain and often very middle class and privileged ones at that. I blame the left for this problem. Not because of immigration as we need to help genuine refugees, but the left, in order to win votes, have sown discord in the various populations peddling lies that these ones have been victims of great wrongs.

Long ago when refugees came in they understood that changing countries sets one back and they worked hard and a lot did really well and their struggles of reestablishing themselves were told proudly. The left nowadays have brainwashed many of the offspring of these people into feeling their families have been victims and that they themselves are victims of wrongs by the native population because the native population are racist and that if the Left were in power they would have been much wealthier and much better off etc. They have abused immigrant populations in this way to win votes. There are swathes of poor native people in this country, many poorer than immigrant families. It is hard to change countries and unless one marries into families who have lived in the new country for generations or has a really fortunate break, it can often take generations to appoximate the networks and wealth of well-to-do people who have not had disruptions to their lives. It is just a fact of life that it is hard work to lose everything one has and need to start over fand no anti Islamic conspiracies need be invoked.

Comment

What I heard is that they are levelling out funding so that everyone gets the same as there is great disparity in funding. Remember we have a lot more people now with immigration - many of whom were/are young and have started having/will have children. There is pressure on schools and doctors etc and everyone needs to be funded.

Originally posted by EvoUK
                            I'm still not sure where in Surrey you've come across a majority of schools requesting funding to 'indulge little darlings in trips to weirdo art galleries etc and other stupid endeavours.' Not even sure what would consitute a 'weirdo art gallery', but there you go.
                            Well if they are trying to emulate private education then they will be doing that. I never really knew what the money at our school was used for but as far as I saw the school never improved.

Comment

As far as I can figure it, liberals believe everything is permissible so long as two people consent to it, with the definition of "consent" being open to interpretation.

I can't see how such a moral foundation can lead to anything other than anarchy.
                              Except Star doesn't believe that - he supports infanticide. And a young child can't give consent to be killed. So Star's whole argument about consent is completely bogus.
                              Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by Starlight View Post
                                You think it's the end of the country if British schools teach kids facts about the world (in this instance, that there are gay people in the world - how dare there be!).
                                There's a difference between what you claim here and what the article describes as "promotion of LGBT+ matters for all schools from nursery throughout all phases of state education". That's going kind of beyond just letting people know something exists to actively promoting it and starting from the age of 2 (in what way does any of this concern a 2 year old?).

Like I said, homosexuals have deluded themselves into thinking that they would finally be happy if only everybody else would change. That's known as denial.
                                On what basis do you conclude this is a delusion and denial? You don't cite any evidence for this that I see. I don't see what's particularly unreasonable about the idea that lower stigma towards you would reduce rates of depression.
                                Last edited by Terraceth; 04-23-2017, 02:07 PM.

Comment