Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Iran and Saudi Arabia, BFF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Starlight View Post
    Actually I'll take 3 cigars with that.
    One for predicting, many months out, that US inflation would go down way more than Americans in this forum were predicting by this point in time. I was correct.
    Not my concern.

Multiple months out, I gave a range that inflation would be in for this month. It fell in that range. I was correct. I'll take another cigar for that.
    Not my concern nor was this alleged range in this thread.

Thirdly, last month, I predicted that this month's result would actually be at the very bottom end of my previously predicted range, perhaps even just out the bottom by a smidge. It fell right exactly on the bottom endpoint of my previously predicted range. Thus validating my claim that it would be right at the very bottom end of the range. So I'll take another cigar for that.
    Being close does not mean you get a cigar. Also, you showed no work so I can't even give you credit for that.
    P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

• Originally posted by Starlight View Post
      Actually I'll take 3 cigars with that.
      One for predicting, many months out, that US inflation would go down way more than Americans in this forum were predicting by this point in time. I was correct.

Multiple months out, I gave a range that inflation would be in for this month. It fell in that range. I was correct. I'll take another cigar for that.

Thirdly, last month, I predicted that this month's result would actually be at the very bottom end of my previously predicted range, perhaps even just out the bottom by a smidge. It fell right exactly on the bottom endpoint of my previously predicted range. Thus validating my claim that it would be right at the very bottom end of the range. So I'll take another cigar for that.

As per usual, I know what I'm talking about on economics, and the Americans posting here don't and the media they consume is telling them garbage.

I'm sure it won't stop Rogue repeating the false claim based on no evidence that I must know nothing about US economics. Turns out, of course, that he's the one that knows nothing on the subject.
      You really didn't make any prediction. You were just following a trend we were all already watching occur. Had you said that in '22 when CPI was still rising m/m, I would give you the credit as a prediction. But at the time you said it, the CPI was already falling m/m because of Fed tightening, so it wasn't a prediction at all.

Comment

• Still driving inflation: food costs

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment