Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Politifact COVID Fact Checker - ZERO medical experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    Well at least they canned the "Disinformation Board" headed by the Mary Poppins wannabe.
    The Ministry of Trooth?
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

The Ministry of Trooth?

What an embarrassment that was.

Comment

What an embarrassment that was.
        Both in person and principle.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic View Post
          "Could", maybe. "Did" requires some evidence.

Yeah, I wonder if it was more than zero.

There were a number of them over the time period in question. None of them was Fauci, though. He was busy directing the NIAID.

You've provided a lot of sources. Which one was that?
          The NIAID is the NIH division that deals with infectious diseases, so when we're taking about AIDS and the NIH 's questionable decisions in response to it, we're talking about Fauci the Fraud.
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Well at least they canned the "Disinformation Board" headed by the Mary Poppins wannabe.
            Not really. We found out they were doing it discreetly through social media. And that was just twitter revelations. We have no idea what they're doing within other social media platforms, but there's no reason to believe it isn't more of the same.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post

Not really. We found out they were doing it discreetly through social media. And that was just twitter revelations. We have no idea what they're doing within other social media platforms, but there's no reason to believe it isn't more of the same.
              Yes, the Misinformation Czar was simply an attempt to put a public face on something that Washington was already doing behind the scenes. I'm not sure why they thought nobody would object if they did it openly. I guess that's just how much of a bubble they're in?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

The NIAID is the NIH division that deals with infectious diseases, so when we're taking about AIDS and the NIH 's questionable decisions in response to it, we're talking about Fauci the Fraud.
                Okay, so when you said: "There's also the fact that he approved of testing AIDS drugs on foster children which "exposed a vulnerable population to the risks of medical research and drugs that were known to have serious side effects in adults and for which the safety for children was unknown."

What you really meant was: "There's also the fact that NIAID, while headed by Fauci, provided funds for testing AIDS drugs on foster children, who would have died from AIDS if they hadn't gotten into a study."

Comment

Okay, so when you said: "There's also the fact that he approved of testing AIDS drugs on foster children which "exposed a vulnerable population to the risks of medical research and drugs that were known to have serious side effects in adults and for which the safety for children was unknown."

What you really meant was: "There's also the fact that NIAID, while headed by Fauci, provided funds for testing AIDS drugs on foster children, who would have died from AIDS if they hadn't gotten into a study."
                  Fauci's involvement in general with AZT seems more controversial than experimental treatments on effectively terminally ill children.
                  P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

Originally posted by Diogenes View Post

Fauci's involvement in general with AZT seems more controversial than experimental treatments on effectively terminally ill children.
                    And let's not forget how his absurdly wild speculations during the AIDS crisis led to much of the stigma and myths about people with AIDS being able to spread it via close contact.

https://www.yahoo.com/video/video-re...180945365.html
                    An old video circulating on social media shows Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, warning that even just “close contact” with those already afflicted with AIDS could result in infection.

In the context of a conversation about childhood infections, Fauci speculates that “if the close contact of a child is a household contact, perhaps there will be a certain number of cases of individuals who are just living with and in close contact with someone with AIDS, or at risk of AIDS, who does not necessarily have to have intimate sexual contact or share a needle, but just the ordinary close contact that one sees in normal interpersonal relations.”

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

And let's not forget how his absurdly wild speculations during the AIDS crisis led to much of the stigma and myths about people with AIDS being able to spread it via close contact.

https://www.yahoo.com/video/video-re...180945365.html
                      Personally I'm not a fan of "close contact" with anyone unless I know them extremely well. I don't accept U=U. I wouldn't disassociate from someone based of disease status, but I would let them know my heath came before theirs in certain situations.
                      P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

Being a COVID fact checker didn't require medical aptitude, let alone medical experience. Fact checking, in general, merely requires political aptitude.

In fact, medical experience would hinder fact-checking, much like lawyers make poor jurors and doctors poor patients.
                        This journalism is at best third hand bad sources. Not worthy of fact checking here.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post

This journalism is at best third hand bad sources. Not worthy of fact checking here.
                          I agree the NYT, PoltiFact, Poltico, and the Wapo are at best third hand bad sources.
                          P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

And yet still not very controversial.

Comment

And yet still not very controversial.
                              You don't think anything is controversial as far as your hero Fauci the Fraud is concerned.

Comment

They're merely allowing other agencies take over various aspects of what it would have done.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment