Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Info suggests Trump associates may have coordinated with Russians

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Meh Gerbil View Post
    I find your obsession with this amusing
    but only because you'll learn the importance of integrity in government in short order.
    You see liberals have been training the American public to accept that idea that politicians don't ever have to answer for their treason.
    We do our best.

I almost wish Trump was guilty of treason and that it was proven so that your jaw could hit the floor when he isn't called into account for it.
    Let the rest of the class known when you're actually interested in the rule of law instead of selective application of the law to 'the other guys'.
    Oh I think we will find Trump guilty of treason. The FBI certainly finds reason to continue the investigation.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      Such investigations tend to go on forever but Swalwell who is very likely to have a good idea how they are proceeding (though not necessarily the exact details) tips his hand by starting a tip line on the internet begging people to "Help me connect the #TrumpRussia dots. Submit your tips & we'll follow the evidence & post online." This is a desperate ploy by someone who knows that there just isn't anything there.
      Yes, investigations like this "tend to go on forever", although the steady drip, drip of information coming out is damaging to Trump, and regardless what other parties may be doing the FBI investigation still continues.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
        ...although the steady drip, drip of information coming out is damaging to Trump....
        No it isn't. Every "link" they find ends up being much ado about nothing, and what is there is simply not illegal.
        That's what
        - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
        - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
        - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

...along with the 53% of Americans who disapprove of Trump's governance, the lowest approval ratings ever of a president in his first 100 days.
          Perhaps you failed to note the fact that I'm referring to Theologyweb?

It's sad that your hatred is so virulent that it causes you to fail basic reading comprehension.
          Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
          sigpic
          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassmoron View Post
            ...along with the 53% of Americans who disapprove of Trump's governance, the lowest approval ratings ever of a president in his first 100 days.
            This is coming from the same polling firms that assured us that Trump would never be President, right?

I would have thought you guys had learned your lesson.
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Yes, investigations like this "tend to go on forever", although the steady drip, drip of information coming out is damaging to Trump, and regardless what other parties may be doing the FBI investigation still continues.
              The "steady drip, drip of information coming out" seems to be little more than the same unsubstantiated rumors and repeating that the investigation continues.

Again, the very fact that Eric Swalwell (D-Calif), who is in a position to know a great deal more about what has been uncovered has now started a new website where he is desperately imploring supporters to "Help me connect the #TrumpRussia dots. Submit your tips & we'll follow the evidence & post online" is incredibly telling.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

The "steady drip, drip of information coming out" seems to be little more than the same unsubstantiated rumors and repeating that the investigation continues.

Again, the very fact that Eric Swalwell (D-Calif), who is in a position to know a great deal more about what has been uncovered has now started a new website where he is desperately imploring supporters to "Help me connect the #TrumpRussia dots. Submit your tips & we'll follow the evidence & post online" is incredibly telling.

Comment

This thread was trashed by many devoted Trump supporters and groupies, but none the less the drip, drip, drip, drip of information continues to reveal extensive contact between Trump associates and Russians. It is no longer 'may have,' but yes many unreported interactions between Trump and his gang have been revealed,

Source: http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/22/politics/the-many-unearthed-interactions-between-trump-world-and-russia-documented/index.html

The many unearthed interactions between Trump-world and Russia, documented

(CNN)The White House acknowledged this week that President Donald Trump met Russian President Vladimir Putin during the G20 dinner for an hour -- a meeting that went undisclosed for weeks until it came out in press reports. This non-disclosure follows a pattern when it comes to some meetings between Trump associates and Russians. The interactions span back to the in-person meeting at Trump Tower in the summer of 2016 between senior Trump campaign officials and a group of well-connected Russians.

The meetings below include formal appointments, casual pull-asides and phone calls. All of them were discovered through leaks and media reports.
                  While there is no legal requirement for people running political campaigns to disclose all their meetings, a handful of the most senior Trump campaign, transition and administration officials insisted for months that there were no contacts with Russians. The interactions came in the midst of Russia's attempts to influence the 2016 election and during the subsequent political fallout.

Once some of the aides became White House officials, however, not revealing Russian interactions and meetings is more than an omission to the public -- it could be illegal. If any White House and administration officials intentionally omitted meetings with Russian foreign nationals on their security clearance forms, that could be a federal crime.

A number of previously undisclosed interactions with Russians have been revealed in the past six months since Trump took office, and White House officials and Trump associates have since confirmed the following such interactions with Russians.

© Copyright Original Source

Last edited by shunyadragon; 07-22-2017, 08:33 PM.

Comment

• You've been duped again, frank-n-beans. This sentence is the one that kills the story: "If any White House and administration officials intentionally omitted meetings with Russian foreign nationals on their security clearance forms, that could be a federal crime."

Now all they have to do is prove that the omissions were intentional, but since that's virtually impossible to prove without an outright confession, there's literally nothing to see here. Not to mention the fact that they lump in official functions where paths happened to cross and then try and spin it into some sinister, clandestine affair, they draw the broadest of conclusions from the slimmest of information, and they repeat the fake story that Trump had an hour-long private meeting with Putin at a state dinner when the fact is that Trump spoke briefly with Putin during a grip-and-grin while other world leaders were present.

It's just CNN's attempt to keep this false narrative alive.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                      You've been duped again, frank-n-beans. This sentence is the one that kills the story: "If any White House and administration officials intentionally omitted meetings with Russian foreign nationals on their security clearance forms, that could be a federal crime."

Now all they have to do is prove that the omissions were intentional, but since that's virtually impossible to prove without an outright confession, there's literally nothing to see here. Not to mention the fact that they lump in official functions where paths happened to cross and then try and spin it into some sinister, clandestine affair, they draw the broadest of conclusions from the slimmest of information, and they repeat the fake story that Trump had an hour-long private meeting with Putin at a state dinner when the fact is that Trump spoke briefly with Putin during a grip-and-grin while other world leaders were present.

It's just CNN's attempt to keep this false narrative alive.
                      Last edited by Tassman; 07-23-2017, 05:28 AM.

Comment

• There was no hour-long meeting between Trump and Putin at G20, you ignorant rube. It was a brief "Hi, how are you?" while in full view of the other world leaders who attended.

As for the rest of it, there is no pattern unless you're a conspiracy nut who's constantly seeing "patterns" where none exist.

The Russian story is dead. It's only "alive" at this point because the liberal media keeps feeding it with fertilizer. Even Mueller has been forced to turn his investigation into a fishing expedition looking into Trump's tax returns. That's your clue that he's come up empty and is getting desperate.

This is literally a case of "nothing to see here".

Comment

• What interests me here is that this news about Sessions talking with Russians just happens to come out right after Trumps interview with the NY Times about how he wished he'd never appointed Sessions because he recused himself, hinting that he would like to get rid of him so that he can appoint someone else in his stead who will be more loyal to him and fire Mueller for him. This story about Sessions, which the Russians just happened to let slip out, gives Trump an excuse now for firing Sessions. I'm no supporter of Jeff Sessions, but because he has recused himself, he is in Trumps way right now in shutting down the investigation that has him and his royal family freaking out right now.

Comment

There was no hour-long meeting between Trump and Putin at G20, you ignorant rube. It was a brief "Hi, how are you?" while in full view of the other world leaders who attended.
                            What is the source for that? Bremmer says an hour: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/video...lie-rose-video

Comment

• You can find the official White House statement here:

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...us-and-absurd/

Comment

You can find the official White House statement here:

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...us-and-absurd/
                                Thank you, Mr. Mountain Man. I am not convinced by it, but that is not your fault.

Comment