Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Elon Musk to reveal Twitter details on Hunter Biden Laptop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Starlight View Post
    As I explained before, it gives the user specially privileged immunity from run-of-the-mill moderation. Any run of the mill moderator who wants to moderate a post from that user, no longer can, and has to report the user to management instead.

Yes, that's where I saw it. Weiss posting this picture is being described as a "self-own" by Weiss because it shows the opposite of her agenda. It shows a far right conservative getting special privileges from twitter management when Weiss would like to try and show they got victimized by twitter management.

Note that the doxxing, and the choice to allow the doxxing to stay up both occurred under Musk's ownership. The previous Twitter administrators were giving this far right account special privileges against being moderated, while Elon Musk is letting her get doxxed.
    Bro, how do you know why that message is there? You're guessing that it means LTT is getting "special privileges" without any context. Why should I believe some anonymous schmoe on the internet that gets stuff wrong all the time. Weiss undoubtedly knows more than you do about this, so until you offer proof of what that message means and the context of it, I'll stick with Weiss. I don't know about the doxxing situation, but I do know that LTT was getting constantly banned and shadow banned in the months leading up tp Elon's takeover because it was being discussed in conservative circles, so that much is true.

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post

I used to think SL was just the worst uninformed person there was, but now I'm starting to think he just wittingly lies about stuff. Like someone throwing food against the wall to see if it sticks, he just throws out lies and hopes that maybe one or two will get through and stick without someone calling him out.
      Have you seen his thread claiming that Joe Biden has closed the border tighter than a drum?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Starlight View Post
        Elon is clearly right wing and has openly advocated on the platform that people should vote Republican. The whole purpose of this release is to try and discredit democrats. Taibbi is clearly holding back any further information on the Trump White House's wrongdoing because he understands clearly that's what Elon wants him to do.
        Musk started out as center-left, but the liberal left's (including people in the white house and in congress) treatment of him has driven him further right and he is now a bit to the right of center.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dimbulb View Post
          ...the far-right hate-account Libs Of TikTok.
          At least your posts are always good for a laugh.

Libs of TikTok is not a "hate account". All she does is repost what liberals are posting publicly but tends to fly under most people's radar. The only reason liberals are upset about it is because it is exposing them for who and what they really are.
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Musk started out as center-left, but the liberal left's (including people in the white house and in congress) treatment of him has driven him further right and he is now a bit to the right of center.
            Aside from his support for freedom f speech where else has he shifted?

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Libs of TikTok is not a "hate account". All she does is repost what liberals are posting publicly but tends to fly under most people's radar. The only reason liberals are upset about it is because it is exposing them for who and what they really are.
              In the Liberal Lexicon, pulling back the curtain and exposing what some on the left are boasting about constitutes hate

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Well, yeah, it reposts the hateful libs being hateful.
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Seems the latest tidbits are that the FBI was working with twitter to ban accounts.

They'd send an email that basically said "These accounts may have violated the rules", which would almost always result in twitter taking actions against the accounts.

This is in a best case scenario putting twitter on the edge of being a state actor censoring speech.

The implications are important.

1. The FBI was monitoring the posts of US users.
                  2. The FBI was (indirectly) requesting that twitter take action. And, let's be honest. The FBI WANTED action taken. If the FBI did not want action taken, they would not have emailed twitter about the accounts, they didn't do it out of the kindness of their heart.
                  2. Upon the FBI's indirect request, they found reasons to take censorship actions against accounts.

Comment

• Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post
                    Seems the latest tidbits are that the FBI was working with twitter to ban accounts.

They'd send an email that basically said "These accounts may have violated the rules", which would almost always result in twitter taking actions against the accounts.

This is in a best case scenario putting twitter on the edge of being a state actor censoring speech.

The implications are important.

1. The FBI was monitoring the posts of US users.
                    2. The FBI was (indirectly) requesting that twitter take action. And, let's be honest. The FBI WANTED action taken. If the FBI did not want action taken, they would not have emailed twitter about the accounts, they didn't do it out of the kindness of their heart.
                    2. Upon the FBI's indirect request, they found reasons to take censorship actions against accounts.
                    There is no longer any question that the FBI was directly guiding Twitter on exactly who they wanted censored and banned, including people's who posts were obvious parodies that virtually nobody saw. And now that they've been exposed the FBI's reaction was basically "Meh."

We need a brand new, uncorrupt federal investigative agency.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                      There is no longer any question that the FBI was directly guiding Twitter on exactly who they wanted censored and banned, including people's who posts were obvious parodies that virtually nobody saw. And now that they've been exposed the FBI's reaction was basically "Meh."

We need a brand new, uncorrupt federal investigative agency.
                      At this point, the FBI is so completely corrupt that it simply needs to be disbanded. Perhaps something new can replace it, but all of those administrators should be unemployed and investigated.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ronson View Post

At this point, the FBI is so completely corrupt that it simply needs to be disbanded. Perhaps something new can replace it, but all of those administrators should be unemployed and investigated.
                        Up til about 3 or 4 years ago, I would have fought you on this. But, sadly, I think they are beyond reform.
                        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Up til about 3 or 4 years ago, I would have fought you on this. But, sadly, I think they are beyond reform.
                          There doesn't appear to be any way to restructure them, to remove the unfettered freedom they have to perform whatever unconstitutional activity they desire. So the only answer is to tear it down and perhaps* rebuild from the bottom, with proper safeguards.

*I'm not convinced such an agency is even necessary.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ronson View Post
                            There doesn't appear to be any way to restructure them, to remove the unfettered freedom they have to perform whatever unconstitutional activity they desire. So the only answer is to tear it down and perhaps* rebuild from the bottom, with proper safeguards.

*I'm not convinced such an agency is even necessary.
                            They were necessary, in my opinion, for interstate crimes, where, for example, a kidnapping took place, and the crime "moved" across state lines where the authorities at the crime scene had no jurisdiction.
                            OR bank robberies, or... but, like any government agency, they become extremely bloated and inefficient, with far more chiefs than indians.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

They were necessary, in my opinion, for interstate crimes, where, for example, a kidnapping took place, and the crime "moved" across state lines where the authorities at the crime scene had no jurisdiction.
                              OR bank robberies, or... but, like any government agency, they become extremely bloated and inefficient, with far more chiefs than indians.
                              And in intercepting espionage agents during WWII and the Cold War.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                                And in intercepting espionage agents during WWII and the Cold War.
                                If only they could get back to their roots - but I think they are so far gone that it's not possible.

Comment