Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

A Day Without Women

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Day Without Women

So,

Today is the "Day Without Women" protest.

Seeing how well the Day without Immigrants went, I wonder how this one will go.

Anyone notice any women not at work or (get this) not shopping?

Not shopping? unpossible!

The other recommendation was to go ahead and go to work or shop (because who can resist?) and just wear something red.

The protest just turned into a version of St. Patrick's day.

Who's gonna make the sammiches?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Looks like today will be a wildly productive day.
      Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

I was looking forward to today. It would be like the whole world would be a Man Cave. But noooooo... womenz everywhere, shopping, working, harassing, but not protesting.

Comment

All the wimminz at my office are here.
          That's what
          - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
          - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
          - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
            So,

Today is the "Day Without Women" protest.

Seeing how well the Day without Immigrants went, I wonder how this one will go.

Anyone notice any women not at work or (get this) not shopping?

Not shopping? unpossible!

The other recommendation was to go ahead and go to work or shop (because who can resist?) and just wear something red.

The protest just turned into a version of St. Patrick's day.
            I heard about this yesterday on NPR, but they didn't really explain why they were protesting. Does anyone here know? I mean, like, what's the serious answer?

Comment

So apparently the only ones being hurt by the women who are protesting

... are women.

Day Without a Woman' strike puts some parents in a bind amid school closures
              (CNN)Organizers say it was intended in the same spirit of "love and liberation" that inspired women's marches worldwide.
              But many are complaining that "A Day Without a Woman" will leave many women in a bind.
              The national strike movement on Wednesday coincides with International Women's Day. It aims to draw attention to inequities working women face compared to men, from wage disparity to harassment to job insecurity.

Several school districts across the country are closing to allow staff and teachers the chance to participate. While some people in those communities applauded district leadership for the show of solidarity, others criticized them for leaving working families scrambling to find childcare.
              http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/08/us/day...-2017-schools/
              Last edited by Sparko; 03-08-2017, 09:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrift View Post
                I heard about this yesterday on NPR, but they didn't really explain why they were protesting. Does anyone here know? I mean, like, what's the serious answer?
                Probably the mythical gender pay gap.

And before any low-info morons start screeching at me, here are two liberal sources to chew on:

The Daily Beast:
                CBS News: "The Gender Pay Gap is a Complete Myth"
                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

https://www.womensmarch.com/womensday/

Comment

I'm even pretty tired of womxn.

How do you pronounce that, anyway?

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Womsen. I think it would be pronounced womsen.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                        So apparently the only ones being hurt by the women who are protesting

... are women.

Day Without a Woman' strike puts some parents in a bind amid school closures
                        (CNN)Organizers say it was intended in the same spirit of "love and liberation" that inspired women's marches worldwide.
                        But many are complaining that "A Day Without a Woman" will leave many women in a bind.
                        The national strike movement on Wednesday coincides with International Women's Day. It aims to draw attention to inequities working women face compared to men, from wage disparity to harassment to job insecurity.

Several school districts across the country are closing to allow staff and teachers the chance to participate. While some people in those communities applauded district leadership for the show of solidarity, others criticized them for leaving working families scrambling to find childcare.
                        http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/08/us/day...-2017-schools/
                        Further irony is that as women have to leave work early or stay home their bosses notice and the men who pick up the slack will later be the ones getting the promotion and raises leading women to complain even more about "pay inequity."

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by TheWall View Post
                          Womsen. I think it would be pronounced womsen.
                          wimmenfolk

Comment

How about we simply call them "not-men". They wouldn't have a problem with that, would they?
                            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Because Trump. There is no other reason for these trolls organizing these various rallies.
                              That's what
                              - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                              - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                              - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment