Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

A civil civics thread?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

In the past year I used the one for an oil change (cheaper than I could do it) and several times for a buffet near the mall.
    I don't mind coupons, because there might be something useful. But I abhor those with 8 inches of "enter this PIN on our website and take a survey to be entered to win blah, blah, blah". Those usually get torn off and garbage before I exit the store.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
      I don't mind coupons, because there might be something useful. But I abhor those with 8 inches of "enter this PIN on our website and take a survey to be entered to win blah, blah, blah". Those usually get torn off and garbage before I exit the store.
      I spit on them and affix them to the forehead of the cashier.
      Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
        I've used those as well. The grocery store closest to my house always seems to have half of what I go there for out of stock -- especially sale items. I got real tired of getting rain checks. And complaining to management didn't help. So I've used their surveys to let corporate know about my displeasure. Nothing has changed much but I've gotten a bunch of coupons for free stuff.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Meh Gerbil View Post
          I spit on them and affix them to the forehead of the cashier.
          That's not very civil of you. I think you might have to be banned from this thread.
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

It's not the cashier's fault that the company is so wasteful.
            If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
              It's not the cashier's fault that the company is so wasteful.
              You sound like one of those cashier sympathizers I keep reading about.
              Move it along, hippie.
              Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

Ironic. This morning, for the first time ever, my local grocery store has receipts covered with ads and coupons on the back.

I read the entire thing before I realized there is nothing there I can use. Most of it was advertising for businesses to advertise on the back of the receipt.

It's new, so hopefully there will be better things on it in the future.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by Meh Gerbil View Post
                  You sound like one of those cashier sympathizers I keep reading about.
                  Move it along, hippie.
                  Are cashiers not human???

Comment

Being uncivil might be a legit cause to ban someone . . .

from the thread
                    Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

I am currently unable to ban anyone in any forum anywhere. This is probably a good thing for the well-being of our nation.
                      Middle-of-the-road swing voter. Feel free to sway my opinion.

Comment

Increasingly, no.
                        "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                          Increasingly, no.
                          What's that supposed to mean? Automated check outs? They aren't smart enough to count as nonhuman intelligences and thus can't be considered a cashier!

Comment

I said this in another thread and it was ignored. Not uncivil enough I guess.

I think that the "Evil liberals" are not actually evil. They seriously believe the things that I see as seriously damaging this nation, are a positive. Well not those in the legislature but your every day liberal.
                            Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Can we have a thread in the Civics section where everyone is civil? If not, this thread needs to be moved to the poop deck. Because I don't want an uncivil thread. Let's see... what can we ALL agree on? Is it possible to have a rational and calm discussion about politics?
                              Source: for the sarcastically impaired the following is said in jest

1. Not a very long one.
                              2. The other side is wrong, bad, evil, and stupid.
                              3. Not with people who have different opinions from me. They're all stupid and crazy and hate children and puppies and want to destroy America.

© Copyright Original Source

Find my speling strange? I'm trying this out: Simplified Speling. Feel free to join me.

"Nature has placed mankind under the governance of two sovereign masters, pain and pleasure. It is for them alone to point out what we ought to do, as well as to determine what we shall do."-Jeremy Bentham

"We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question."-Orson Scott Card

Comment

Receipt for this thread

30 posts.......$1.02
                                Forum access charge....$4.95
                                FCC fee....$2.03
                                Browser Rental...$6.00

Total....$595.78

Comment