Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Obamagate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
    When you learn what it means to think, you'll undertand.

And irony meters everywhere broke from overload.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Charles View Post
      "Probably guilty" does not mean "guilty".
      Difference without a distinction in this case.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        Difference without a distinction in this case.
        In your simplified world, perhaps.

Comment

• Originally posted by charles View Post
          nope. "probably guilty" does not mean "guilty". You can manipulate as much as you like but it will not change the fact that you and sparko were wrong.
          Some of us know how to nitpik little details that allow us to deflect in order to avoid engaging the actual point.
          fify.

Comment

In your simplified world, perhaps.
            Still not simple enough for you it seems.

Comment

• Mountain Man and Sparko... Why can't you just admit you were wrong. Keeping ignoring details will not change the facts.

If it is too hard for you to figure out let me explain: Tassman and I actually allow for the fact that the ongoing investigation may come up with the result that Trump is not guilty. Even if we may find it unlikely, it could happen. That means, which should also be quite easy to grasp, that we do not yet claim that Trump is guilty.

Got it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                fify.
                Changing my text is not ok.

Comment

Mountain Man and Sparko... Why can't you just admit you were wrong. Keeping ignoring details will not change the facts.

If it is too hard for you to figure out let me explain: Tassman and I actually allow for the fact that the ongoing investigation may come up with the result that Trump is not guilty. Even if we may find it unlikely, it could happen. That means, which should also be quite easy to grasp, that we do not yet claim that Trump is guilty.

Got it?
                  How many times are you going to explain this painfully obvious point?
                  I'm not being mean here - I keep having to remind myself of that all of the time.

You do a pretty good job of communicating so if your audience, at this point in the dialog, believes that you're declaring Trump unequivocally guilty then it is on them.
                  Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

Changing my text is ok.
                    Got it.
                    Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

• Originally posted by Meh Gerbil View Post
                      I'm not being mean here - I keep having to remind myself of that all of the time.

You do a pretty good job of communicating so if your audience, at this point in the dialog, believes that you're declaring Trump unequivocally guilty then it is on them.
                      Thanks a lot.

Comment

• Originally posted by charles View Post
                        fify

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                          covfefe
                          fify

Comment

Mountain Man and Sparko... Why can't you just admit you were wrong. Keeping ignoring details will not change the facts.

Got it?
                            this is why I am saying you are nitpiking. I said "You claim Trump is guilty" because basically that is what Tassman (and you) have been promoting. You know what I mean. I mean "Tassman (and you) believe he is guilty and keep showing that in your posts. It is freaking obvious to anyone reading your posts"

Just because tassman didn't use the exact words, "I think Trump is guilty" doesn't mean it isn't true. He just admitted he believes Trump is likely guilty a few posts ago. So your continued nattering about some piddling detail is just a way to score a point on some semantic glitch.

OK I am sorry I said Tassman keeps saying trump is guilty. I meant to say "Tassman you believe Trump is guilty"

better? If not, stick it.

Comment

covfify
                              fefe.

Comment

I think it's painfully obvious that Tassman and Charles unequivocally think that Trump is guilty, but want to maintain a pretense of neutrality on the question. Maybe that's just me.
                                Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                                sigpic
                                I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment