Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Kremlingate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The latest story from The New York Times will give no solace to liberals despite the provocative headline: "Russia Inquiries Overlap in a Tangle of Secrets and Sniping". As usual, the mainstream media does eventually tell the truth, but they bury it deep within the story in the hopes that their readers won't see it. In this case, this gem is buried nearly two-dozen paragraphs below the headline:

Source: The New York Times

American officials say they have so far found no proof [that anyone from the Trump campaign colluded with Moscow to influence the election].

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/19/u...ries.html?_r=0

© Copyright Original Source

Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

It's looking like Comey's testimony before Congress is turning out to be a big bust for liberals hoping for a smoking gun with Trump's fingerprints all over it. This isn't even on the level of Comey's testimony about Hillary's email server where he laid out a clear criminal case before inexplicably recommending no indictment. He's literally got nothing on Trump

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        It's looking like Comey's testimony before Congress is turning out to be a big bust for liberals hoping for a smoking gun with Trump's fingerprints all over it. This isn't even on the level of Comey's testimony about Hillary's email server where he laid out a clear criminal case before inexplicably recommending no indictment. He's literally got nothing on Trump
        Well, he did clearly indicate that there's still an ongoing investigation.

However, we the public have still seen no actual evidence of any collusion between Trump and the Russians. Unless any actual evidence does turn up, I'll continue to consider it to be an empty conspiracy theory.
        Middle-of-the-road swing voter. Feel free to sway my opinion.

Comment

I think more needs to happen here.
          The hysteria from the left has damaged both the President and our relations with Russia.
          I believe the opposition leadership in both houses should offer public apologies.
          Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

Originally posted by Yttrium View Post
            Well, he did clearly indicate that there's still an ongoing investigation.
            The investigation has been going on for months, since before the election. With the way our intelligence agencies have been leaking, if they had anything on Trump, no matter how inconsequential, then we would have known about it by now.

Comment

The investigation has been going on for months, since before the election. With the way our intelligence agencies have been leaking, if they had anything on Trump, no matter how inconsequential, then we would have known about it by now.
              The long investigation is a way of letting the issue fade out of the spotlight without ever having to publish a conclusion or issue an apology.
              Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

Also, the current investigation may be entirely concerned with Russian involvement in the election, and not with the Trump campaign at all.
                Middle-of-the-road swing voter. Feel free to sway my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Yttrium View Post
                  Also, the current investigation may be entirely concerned with Russian involvement in the election, and not with the Trump campaign at all.
                  I appreciate this distinction.
                  I bet the MSM won't.

Comment

It's ironic how Democrats keep throwing mud at Trump, but they're the ones looking dirty.

Source: Breitbart

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...inked-company/

Comment

Source: Breitbart

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...-russian-ties/

This actually has teeth, unlike the conspiracy theories being spun by Democrats desperately trying to find even the weakest of links between Trump and Russia.

Comment

[cite=Breitbart]
                        But wasn't it President Trump who asked Congress to look into his own accusations against Obama orchestrating surveillance against him and his campaign? They've been doing that. Now he's complaining that they're not investigating the Clintons instead. And it was Candidate Trump who promised to lock up Hillary but then decided to let it go, saying they were good people. Now he wants Congress to do what he promised to do and decided not to do?
                        אָכֵ֕ן אַתָּ֖ה אֵ֣ל מִסְתַּתֵּ֑ר אֱלֹהֵ֥י יִשְׂרָאֵ֖ל מוֹשִֽׁיעַ׃

Comment

Oh, don't worry, the Democrats are dirty enough for multiple investigations.

Comment

Oh, don't worry, the Democrats are dirty enough for multiple investigations.
                            But why try to distract from this one? Any theories?

Comment

Originally posted by robrecht View Post
                              But why try to distract from this one? Any theories?
                              Why distract from what? The fact that liberals have been digging for months and can't find a speck of dirt on Trump?

Comment

Why distract from what? The fact that liberals have been digging for months and can't find a speck of dirt on Trump?
                                The only one that will matter will be the one being done by the FBI; we won't know the results of it until it is concluded.

Comment