Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Canadian stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh, no! That would violate House decorum and you'd be tossed!

As a side note, the Lethbridge MP he throws out just before Pierre, called out that the Speaker "is a disgrace". He apparently was quite offended by that, so she was out. You can’t really hear that in the video, but I saw it on another clip.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

• Originally posted by mossrose View Post

He is the House Speaker. Supposed to keep order. Supposedly chosen by both main parties. Supposedly impartial. But he’s a Liberal through and through and it’s been obvious from day one.

Did you notice how every once in a while there is dead air? The Speaker kept turning off everybody's microphones so he could confer with his advisers (not quite sure who they are).

If one of the Conservative MP's is saying something Mr. Speaker thinks is or will be offensive to the Liberal party in general and Trudeau in particular he shuts that microwave off. I’ve never seen him do that with any of the other parties.
      Consulting with parliamentarian?
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Consulting with parliamentarian?
        Maybe. Somebody who’s more familiar with parliamentary procedure, maybe. Some of the MP's have said that calling someone wacko is not against the rules. However, calling someone racist and mysoginist, etc, are not allowed, as they speak to moral turpitude. But, the Libs are thin-skinned, so there we are.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Maybe. Somebody who’s more familiar with parliamentary procedure, maybe. Some of the MP's have said that calling someone wacko is not against the rules. However, calling someone racist and mysoginist, etc, are not allowed, as they speak to moral turpitude. But, the Libs are thin-skinned, so there we are.
          Yes, we know arrogant condescending liberals who can dish it out with vigor but can't take it without whining and complaining.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Yes, we know arrogant condescending liberals who can dish it out with vigor but can't take it without whining and complaining.
            Like that guy being carried off by the GA State Trooper?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post

I just saw one of the liberal rags complaining about "Corn Fed Georgia Trooper carries off....." (can't post it because it's full of F-bombs)

Comment

I'd like to see JT being carried off like that by somebody.

Oh, and he frequently storms out of QP when Pierre says something he doesn’t like. Pierre stands there and takes the crap from the Libs like a man, but baby Justin runs away and weeps liberal tears. If his mother was still alive he’d likely go crying to her that peoplekind are being mean to him.

Comment

I just saw one of the liberal rags complaining about "Corn Fed Georgia Trooper carries off....." (can't post it because it's full of F-bombs)
                  There's another video of before that where the trooper does a flying tackle of the guy.

Comment

There's another video of before that where the trooper does a flying tackle of the guy.

Yeah, I just saw that one, and was tying to find what led up to that. In the video where the trooper is carrying the guy off, I got a kick out of the woman who walks toward us like nothing's happening.

Comment

Yeah, I just saw that one, and was tying to find what led up to that. In the video where the trooper is carrying the guy off, I got a kick out of the woman who walks toward us like nothing's happening.
                      That guy did something. That trooper had his sights set on him and went around several other people to get at him.

"Ow! You're hurting me!" Geez. Then don't play with the big boys if being carried away hurts you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ronson View Post

That guy did something. That trooper had his sights set on him and went around several other people to get at him.

"Ow! You're hurting me!" Geez. Then don't play with the big boys if being carried away hurts you.
                        One of the reports said that bottles had been thrown. We've seen in other similar protests where the bottles were either filled with urine or were frozen.
                        Don't know what set him off, but, yeah - that Trooper had zeroed in on that kid, and the Trooper had all the earmarks of a Marine Corps Drill Instructor.

Comment

• This is the former leader of the NDP party. He is upset by Fergus' ousting of Pierre yesterday. I was surprised.

Comment

• Also: Warning, includes disguised profanity.

https://thecountersignal.com/mulcair...eds-to-resign/

Tom Mulcair, the former leader of the NDP, said that the decision of Speaker Greg Fergus to remove Pierre Poilievre yesterday has revealed his total Liberal bias and that the fact he’s unfit for the position.

“This was not only precipitous. For me, it was manifestly obviously partisan. And I don’t comment that lightly,” Mulcair said.

“Remember when Greg Fergus got caught making a very partisan video,” Mulcair continued. “I was one of the people defending him. You know, I’ve been a House leader… but I’ve never seen anything like this. Never in my career have I seen such, in my view, blatant partisanship from a Speaker.”

The show of “blatant partisanship” Mulcair is referring to is Liberal Speaker Greg Fergus’s removal of the Leader of the Opposition, Pierre Poilievre, from the House yesterday for merely characterizing Trudeau as a ‘wacko’—which he is.

Moreover, Poilievre’s removal came after Trudeau tried to slander Poilievre as someone courting White nationalists with no evidence—a far bigger debasement for which Fergus did nothing.

“The leader of the Conservative party is actively courting the support of groups with white nationalist views, and he needs to stand up and apologize now,” Trudeau said just minutes before Poilievre called him a “wacko Prime Minister”.

Moreover, on numerous occasions, Trudeau has said far worse with no consequence, even calling another MP a “piece of sh*t” in Parliament. But apparently, ‘wacko’ is where the new Liberal Speaker draws the line, at least when it’s a Conservative uttering it.

Speaking on this blatant hypocrisy, Mulcair continued, saying that, in his view, Fergus should resign and that he’s “disqualified” himself.

“I think he’s disqualified himself from the position, and I am, indeed, one of the people who defended him when people were calling for his head after that video,” Mulcair said.

The accusation by Trudeau against Pierre is patently false. The leader of the group JT is referring to said a while back that he thinks Pierre would be a better PM than Trudeau.

Pierre has never responded to the comment, and has never listened to that man nor followed him on any social media. Trudeau pulled that out of his behind just like he does every "fact" he comes up with.

Trudeau is, however, wacko.

Comment

• I see one of the alternate speakers is in the chair today. Hopefully Fergus is hiding in shame considering his resignation.

Comment

I see one of the alternate speakers is in the chair today. Hopefully Fergus is hiding in shame considering his resignation.
                                Doubtful, they likely realize just how horrible they are but don't care.

Comment