Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Canadian stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Comment

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            And Alberta gets dinged the worst. We just got our quarterly "climate rebate", less than $300, but Wackeau keeps telling us we get more back than we pay.

Every word that comes out of his mouth is a lie.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

• Oh, and Quebec has its own climate tax, so Ottawa doesn’t pack it on them. Not sure about BC or the Territories.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

• Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                Oh, and Quebec has its own climate tax, so Ottawa doesn’t pack it on them. Not sure about BC or the Territories.
                I'd guess the closer you are to the capital, the lower your taxes. So, BC is probably getting body slammed.

Comment

Comment

• Originally posted by Ronson View Post

I'd guess the closer you are to the capital, the lower your taxes. So, BC is probably getting body slammed.
                    Well, BC is and has been run by Liberals and NDP for decades, so they might have their own as well. But for the first time in 50 (it might be 40, but at least that long) years, the Conservatives are pulling ahead.

Alberta has always been a cash cow for Ottawa. They take money from us and redistribute it among the other provinces, called "equalization payments", and give us back a pittance, kind of like the carbon tax rebates. It has been unimaginable billions of dollars over the years. They hate us because we have the oil resources. Saskatchewan is also rich in oil, but for not as long as Alberta has been.

We two provinces need to separate.

Comment

Comment

• Can't see it, rogue-y.

Comment

• GOGhIEHXkAEboMg.jpg
                          Does this work?

I'm always still in trouble again

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                            GOGhIEHXkAEboMg.jpg
                            Does this work?
                            Probably. They're more likely to offer MAID.

As an aside, because I chose to stay home and look after my children instead of having a career, my monthly Canada Pension Plan payment has gone from $74 and change when I first started drawing it 8 years ago to $83 and change PER month. I have a little CPP because I worked for a few years part time when the kids were old enough to look after themselves after school.

So I don't know why the senior in the cartoon is complaining about how much she's getting per day.

Comment

As an aside, because I chose to stay home and look after my children instead of having a career, my monthly Canada Pension Plan payment has gone from $74 and change when I first started drawing it 8 years ago to $83 and change PER month. I have a little CPP because I worked for a few years part time when the kids were old enough to look after themselves after school.

So I don't know why the senior in the cartoon is complaining about how much she's getting per day.
                              I think that the point here is that she worked her entire life, paid her taxes,[1] and only gets a fraction (about 10%) of what folks who just entered the country are being handed.

1. Here they use the Orwellian term "contributions." Guess what happens if you don't contribute

I'm always still in trouble again

Comment

Speaking of MAID, I think this disturbing JP clip is the first time I noticed the acronym. I had to Google it.

Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment