Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Famous "Christian" Francis Collins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

Aw, how cute, thanks for further confirming I'm right.
    You see what you want to see. And reality is, you don't have an objective iron in this fire. You'd be quite happy to have a prominent scientist who is vocal about faith in God be shown in some way corrupt.

The reality is mm is seeing non-existant daemons of his own distorted mind's making.
    Last edited by oxmixmudd; 03-09-2022, 12:11 PM.
    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

You see what you want to see. And reality is, you don't have an objective iron in this fire. You'd be quite happy to have a prominent scientist who is vocal about faith in God be shown in some way corrupt.

The reality is mm is seeing non-existant daemons of his own distorted mind's making.
      I couldn't give a flying fart about a scientist's religion of choice. I do quite enjoy, however, watching you squirm around and make up accusations about 'slander', about something that is literally in evidence. But then, your previous post sounded suspiciously as if you, a Christian, were telling me to commit suicide, so.....

Comment

Originally posted by tabibito View Post

Ah - so the evidence supporting your claims is a conspiracy theory.

Feel free to carry on.
        Not a conspiracy at all. The governing bodies that issue medical licenses threatened doctors if they publicly contradicted the state approved messaging.

https://www.latimes.com/business/sto...mation-license

https://www.beckershospitalreview.co...anel-says.html

With that threat hanging over their heads, how many do you think are willing to risk their practice by putting the lie to the "safe and effective" narrative?
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

I realize you will never do the honorable thing here and apologize for your libel of an upright and good man, a Christian man as well who has not only confessed his faith publicly many times when he could just as easily kept it hidden, but who has written several books making apologetic cases for faith, and faith in light of science.
          You seem to have mistaken "Christian" for "perfect human being". I don't question the guy's profession of faith, but the fact is, he screwed up when he openly mocked those who have good reason for not getting the vaccine.

Comment

I couldn't give a flying fart about a scientist's religion of choice. I do quite enjoy, however, watching you squirm around and make up accusations about 'slander', about something that is literally in evidence. But then, your previous post sounded suspiciously as if you, a Christian, were telling me to commit suicide, so.....
            yourself. You're just a bored child looking for a fight, and I've no inclination to give you what you are looking for
            My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

... I don't question the guy's profession of faith, but the fact is, he screwed up when he openly mocked those who have good reason for not getting the vaccine.

The fact is you screwed up when you tried to paint his comments as some sort of open mocking. Likely projection on your part.

And there is no good reason for most people to avoid getting the vaccine.

Comment

yourself. You're just a bored child looking for a fight, and I've no inclination to give you what you are looking for
                I see, not even a denial of your TROO Christian decision to tell someone to commit suicide. Very telling. Also tells me a lot more about Collins if he's a person you wish to declare to us as "an upright and good man, a Christian man"

So in review, we have an upright Christian man who was laughing about people losing their livelihoods and ability to provide for their families, being defended by an amazing and great Christian poster who tells other people to kill themselves.
                Last edited by Gondwanaland; 03-09-2022, 01:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Not a conspiracy at all. The governing bodies that issue medical licenses threatened doctors if they publicly contradicted the state approved messaging.

https://www.latimes.com/business/sto...mation-license
                  A large part of that article concerns action taken against a doctor for failing to adhere to guidelines re covid, and who was already on probation for a previous infraction - using an unapproved drug to treat breast cancer and not following up with examinations. That information was supplied to demonstrate the need for the rules to be put in place. GPs are not licenced to conduct experiments on patients for good reason.

Other doctors were also mentioned:
                  The hydroxychloroquine craze last year, in which an antimalarial drug was touted as a “cure” for COVID-19, was touched off by claims made by a French physician with an elite following. Before the drug was proved to be useless for the purpose, the theme was picked up by President Trump and Mehmet Oz, a doctor with a huge broadcast following.

I do believe that Trump backed away from that one when it was shown to be bogus, but can't be certain.
                  1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                  ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
                  Scripture before Tradition:
                  but that won't prevent others from
                  taking it upon themselves to deprive you
                  of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

I see, not even a denial of your TROO Christian decision to tell someone to commit suicide. Very telling. Also tells me a lot more about Collins if he's a person you wish to declare to us as "an upright and good man, a Christian man"
                    can we really ascribe true humanity to a Troll? Interesting question. Here is another one for you: Is it morally wrong to bankrupt your neighbor in a monopoly game .... hmmm.

Comment

...you tried to paint his comments as some sort of open mocking.

“Reality [was] sinking in,” he explained, so that even the “pretty darn resistant” elected to get vaccinated. He then chuckled, “You get the feeling that their resistance was not maybe quite that deeply seated,” and he speculated that deep down, many unvaccinated people may actually want to get the vaccine but resist doing so out of peer pressure. “They’re sort of thinking to themselves, you know, maybe I really should do it, but if I do, I lose my credibility with my peeps,” Collins said.

Not a hint of mockery, right?

Your argument would be somewhat better if you claimed that his denigration was somehow for the greater good, but instead you've gone the irrational route of denying what can be plainly seen by any reasonable person.

Comment

can we really ascribe true humanity to a Troll? Interesting question. Here is another one for you: Is it morally wrong to bankrupt your neighbor in a monopoly game .... hmmm.
                        Thank you, for continuing to show us upright Christian behavior, how Christians are to behave toward others: laugh at people for losing their livelihoods, and tell other people to commit suicide when they disagree with you. Such great Troo Christianity on display.

Comment

Yes, trying to prevent needless deaths is a Christian thing to do. Here he is speculating that peer pressure in certain social pockets is contributing to the death toll. Something obvious when one compares covid mortality over time in red counties to blue. (Unfortunately the peer pressure not to be vaccinated is much higher in republican circles than in democratic circles)
                          The graphs seem to bear that out
                          1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                          ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
                          Scripture before Tradition:
                          but that won't prevent others from
                          taking it upon themselves to deprive you
                          of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

So in review, we have an upright Christian man who was laughing about people losing their livelihoods and ability to provide for their families, being defended by an amazing and great Christian poster who tells other people to kill themselves.
                            a fantasy campfire story spun by a Troll. But I'm not on the menu tonight - sorry.

Comment

a fantasy campfire story spun by a Troll. But I'm not on the menu tonight - sorry.
                              No spinning being done here. Your words are there for everyone to see, Christian.

Comment

No spinning being done here. Your words are there for everyone to see, Christian.
                                Again - is it immoral to bankrupt your opponent in a monopoly game?

Comment