Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

University of Wisconsin stands by 'Problem of Whiteness' course

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by robrecht View Post
    My rhetoric is identical with Nazi rhetoric about Jews? Can you substantiate this with anything at all? Or are you just being ridiculous?
    Sure. You said, and I quote: "Sounds like it could be an interesting course. He could be a good professor or maybe not. I would not call for him and the university president to be fired on the basis of this course description" of a course that advocates for white people to be second class citizens and considers them inherently evil:

We will come together with our socially ascribed identities of Black, white, mixed and other and, with the problem properly in its place we will ask ourselves and our allies, what are we going to do with it?
    *Whereas disciplines such as Latino/a, African, and Asian American studies focus on race as experienced by non-whites, whiteness studies considers how race is experienced by white people. It explores how they consciously and unconsciously perpetuate institutional racism and how this not only devastates communities of color but also perpetuates the oppression of most white folks along the lines of class and gender.
    "treason to whiteness is loyalty to humanity"
    The white "problem"? Sound familiar?

http://research.calvin.edu/german-pr...ve/imbild1.htm

The Jewish Question is as old as the history of Jewry itself. From the days of antiquity to the present, peoples have always risen up to defend themselves against Jewish parasitism. The defense was often bloody. Greater Germany is the first country in the world to find a legal way to separate from the alien Jewish people.
    "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
      "treason to whiteness is loyalty to humanity"
      Don't forget the first part of that statement....

That's crap.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        OK, so now you've gone from polite conversation to being a jerk. No, I did not say that at all. If you want to buy this crap, it's on you.
        Sorry. You now claim to have some familiarity with the content of this particular course? Could you document your claims of said familiarity? Please designate what you consider to be 'crap' and differentiate it from what you consider to be appropriate course content. Or, do you consider it all to be crap without any appropriate content?
        אָכֵ֕ן אַתָּ֖ה אֵ֣ל מִסְתַּתֵּ֑ר אֱלֹהֵ֥י יִשְׂרָאֵ֖ל מוֹשִֽׁיעַ׃

Comment

Sorry.
          I'm done with you.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            I'm done with you.
            That's not very helpful. If you have genuine insight into the content of this course, why not share it with the rest of us?

Comment

Sure. You said, and I quote: "Sounds like it could be an interesting course. He could be a good professor or maybe not. I would not call for him and the university president to be fired on the basis of this course description" of a course that advocates for white people to be second class citizens and considers them inherently evil ..."
              Please refrain from misquoting me in such a dishonest manner. If you are not able to engage in honest discussion with me, please try to retrain from such dishonesty. It does not reflect well on you.

Comment

That's not very helpful. If you have genuine insight into the content of this course, why not share it with the rest of us?
                http://african.wisc.edu/content/problem-whiteness
                That's what
                - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                  http://african.wisc.edu/content/problem-whiteness

Have you ever wondered what it really means to be white?
                  Sure, but why not answer the questions I've posed to you and refrain from answering the imaginary questions you apparently think I have not asked of you?

Apparently I may not be like most people. Do you somehow require that I be like you?

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                  But here is your chance!
                  Do you imagine that I have been aspiring to the chance to be like you?

Is there supposed to be a point here?

Comment

Sure, but why not answer the questions I've posed to you and refrain from answering the imaginary questions you apparently think I have not asked of you?

Apparently I may not be like most people. Do you somehow require that I be like you?

Do you imagine that I have been aspiring to the chance to be like you?

Is there supposed to be a point here?
                    Are you intending to be thick? The link and text is from the Wisconsin web site itself, and the entirety of the quote came from there. None of it was my words.
                    That's what
                    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

You're assuming they won't put you in a concentration camp first. Lots of Jewish people who were not involved with media or banking or communist agitation thought they would escape the Nazis because they ran a bagel shop in some no-name town. You think liberals are just fighting for power but their rank and file aren't fueled by a desire of money and power, they are fueled by hatred of you that the money makers are more than happy to fuel with no concern for the future. It's amazing that you're simultaneously paralyzed scared of these people and so dismissive of what they can do. Even without explicit government power they have you living in constant fear. They'll do a lot worse if they're not stopped. I think it's time they were actually taken seriously before I another Hitler begins exploiting the situation
                      You could be correct.

The thing is, unlike nationalism, I believe liberalism is self-destructive. The Nazis were able to build a very powerful society and they advanced a very powerful (albeit wrong) agenda. The modern liberal couldn't possibly take a stand on anything meaningful and even when they do it doesn't last long enough to actually make an impact. Liberals aren't driving towards order but constantly driving toward chaos. Their identity is wrapped up in embracing suicide - like an anarchist they are incapable of meaningful organization. They thrive on self doubt and you cannot win a war when that is your only virtue.

I think we'll be overrun by Muslims long before liberals put anyone in a camp. While Nationalists and Muslims are wrong-headed they've got enough of the fundamentals right to actually build a society. Liberalism is a disease that requires a pre-built host to feed upon and it cannot build anything in and of itself.

I say we pull back a little bit and allow the Muslims to wipe out the liberal menace.
                      Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

Please refrain from misquoting me in such a dishonest manner. If you are not able to engage in honest discussion with me, please try to retrain from such dishonesty. It does not reflect well on you.
                        I literally copied and pasted what you said, I'm not sure how you can claim I misquoted you with a straight face.
                        "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

Comment

• Originally posted by Meh Gerbil View Post
                          You could be correct.

The thing is, unlike nationalism, I believe liberalism is self-destructive. The Nazis were able to build a very powerful society and they advanced a very powerful (albeit wrong) agenda. The modern liberal couldn't possibly take a stand on anything meaningful and even when they do it doesn't last long enough to actually make an impact. Liberals aren't driving towards order but constantly driving toward chaos. Their identity is wrapped up in embracing suicide - like an anarchist they are incapable of meaningful organization. They thrive on self doubt and you cannot win a war when that is your only virtue.
                          They also viciously convert people to their suicide cult. It doesn't even matter that they have low reproduction rates if conservatives send them their kids to be mentally oblitarated and added to their jannisaries.

I think we'll be overrun by Muslims long before liberals put anyone in a camp. While Nationalists and Muslims are wrong-headed they've got enough of the fundamentals right to actually build a society. Liberalism is a disease that requires a pre-built host to feed upon and it cannot build anything in and of itself.

I say we pull back a little bit and allow the Muslims to wipe out the liberal menace.
                          I don't want to be overrun by Muslims. There have been very few instances where the Muslim domination was overturned, and it was done with outsider support. You think they'll just leave after the liberals are done? Or that people who couldn't fight off the much weaker liberals are gonna throw them out? Liberalism, in its current form at least, needs to be destroyed and it's a matter of decades at best before it becomes terminal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Meh Gerbil View Post
                            I wish I had a room full of black people with which to have this conversation.

My fear/distrust of black people isn't the result of anything other than my belief (right or wrong) that they're likely to label me a racist.
                            Because of that perceived knee jerk reaction to label me a racist these people are the scariest people at my job.
                            They can get me fired at the drop of a hat.

One time I had a black woman confront me for being a racist because I didn't say 'Hi' to her in the hallway.
                            I don't say 'Hi' to anyone in the hallway.

Can you see how labeling me with today's worst thing to be (a racist) is why I'd find minorities to be very scary right now?
                            It is like a self fulfilling prophecy.

So yeah, those minorities that like to find racism under every single stone are very scary to me.
                            I meant to respond to this earlier but forgot. If you ever find yourself in this kind of situation you need only do 2 things:

1. Do not apologize/admit to any wrongdoing. At all. Ever. Repentance is a virtue to Christians. To liberals it's just a confession of guilt that will be used to bury you.
                            2. PM/email me for advice. I will do a much better job with your sexual harassment/racism HR complaints than you did with my alumnus of the month campaign.

As long as you keep the above advice in mind they can't really do anything to you. Definitely do not attempt diplomacy/recounciliation, you're bound to say something they can use against you (see 1 above). These people are bullies first and foremost and it really is true that if you stand up to bullies they'll slither away. Too many non-liberals are easy to bully these days though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                              Are you intending to be thick? The link and text is from the Wisconsin web site itself, and the entirety of the quote came from there. None of it was my words.
                              Are you afraid to use your own words for some strange reason?
                              Last edited by robrecht; 12-27-2016, 11:04 PM.

Comment

I literally copied and pasted what you said, I'm not sure how you can claim I misquoted you with a straight face.
                                You were supposedly trying to show how my my rhetoric was identical with Nazi rhetoric about Jews. But you could not do so without adding to my words things that I did not say. Try again, but this time do not add to my words things that I did not say. Basic simple honesty. Or give up and go home.

Comment