Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Russian Ambassador To Turkey Shot Dead...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by seer View Post
    And we find out it was a Turkish police officer! This is going to get nasty.
    Sounds like someone doesn't like the newly forming alliance between Russia and Turkey. Hmm, wonder who that could be?

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      I think, unlike the US, the Russians won't hold press releases promising to do things they never get around to doing.
      They probably won't hold a press conference announcing anything but will just respond in some manner.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
        Sounds like someone doesn't like the newly forming alliance between Russia and Turkey. Hmm, wonder who that could be?

TBH I'm not even sure what you're alluding to, Turkey and Russia are on opposite ends of the Syria conflict which is causing a lot of butthurt among devout Muslims. It's actually shocking there aren't more attacks on Russians in Turkey over it.
        "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

I blame Turkey's lax gun laws.

*does some research*

Oh, wait... they're actually quite restrictive.
          Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
            TBH I'm not even sure what you're alluding to, Turkey and Russia are on opposite ends of the Syria conflict which is causing a lot of butthurt among devout Muslims. It's actually shocking there aren't more attacks on Russians in Turkey over it.
            Not at all hard from the pic to figure out what I was alluding to. And it's not at all certain what side Turkey is really on. They've made gas pipeline concessions with Russia (the REAL reason over the conflict in Syria) that clearly pisses off both EU and US. They've also made threats of releasing immigrants into Europe if they don't get what they want from the EU. They've also accused the west of the attempted coup against Erdogan. Not at all a stretch to assume he finds more common ground with Russia than the west at this point. So, though at times it isn't clear what side he's really loyal to,he's most definitely not on the side of west. If you're going to troll like you typically do here, you should at least inform yourself about what's going on first.

Comment

Not at all hard from the pic to figure out what I was alluding to. And it's not at all certain what side Turkey is really on. They've made gas pipeline concessions with Russia (the REAL reason over the conflict in Syria) that clearly pisses off both EU and US. They've also made threats of releasing immigrants into Europe if they don't get what they want from the EU. They've also accused the west of the attempted coup against Erdogan. Not at all a stretch to assume he finds more common ground with Russia than the west at this point. So, though at times it isn't clear what side he's really loyal to,he's most definitely not on the side of west. If you're going to troll like you typically do here, you should at least inform yourself about what's going on first.
              I'm well aware of the materialistic implications. What you're not aware of (because the west was poisoned with virulent anti-racism to such an extent that you are no longer capable of thinking in any terms that don't involve money), apparently, is that Turkey shot down a Russian plane over their killing of ethnic turks in Syria, an act far more likely to ignite war than this incident since unlike this one the shoot-down orders would be directly linked to the Turkish government. Ethnic grudges override monetary ones, especially for inbred middle easterners.

BTW, your laundry list of reasons for igniting conflict between the two is self-contradictory. If Turkey goes to war with Russia you're gonna have a lot more refugees flooding Europe. Turkey being full of refugees they threaten to use as a biological weapon is disincentive to stir up more conflict and create more of them.
              "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

Comment

I'm well aware of the materialistic implications. What you're not aware of (because the west was poisoned with virulent anti-racism to such an extent that you are no longer capable of thinking in any terms that don't involve money), apparently, is that Turkey shot down a Russian plane over their killing of ethnic turks in Syria, an act far more likely to ignite war than this incident since unlike this one the shoot-down orders would be directly linked to the Turkish government. Ethnic grudges override monetary ones, especially for inbred middle easterners.

BTW, your laundry list of reasons for igniting conflict between the two is self-contradictory. If Turkey goes to war with Russia you're gonna have a lot more refugees flooding Europe. Turkey being full of refugees they threaten to use as a biological weapon is disincentive to stir up more conflict and create more of them.
                I didn't point out those events because I think the west is trying to start a war between Turkey and Russia. Nice strawman. The plane incident happened before their alliance, an alliance that happened just a few months ago. What it looks like is that Turkey was doing the bidding of the west against Russia. But the west pissed off Erdogan so much he decided to side with Russia over Syria instead of the west. The pipeline deal they made (again, what this whole war is about) was the climax to that. What apparently set him off against the west was the EU's refusal to let him in the EU, hence the threat he made about migration. Then when he suspected the west was sympathizing with the recent coup, that apparently was the last straw, hence the pipeline deal as a final slap in the face to the west.

Comment

The plane incident happened before their alliance, an alliance that happened just a few months ago.
                  Not true, they had a close relationship before the plane was shot down. relations soured after the russians started slaughtering turkish terrorists in Syria and Turkey shot down their airplane.

Nevermind that none of this changes the fact that even if Erdogan wants to be BFFs with Putin the average muslim Turk is still gonna be unhappy about it and it's not like the killing of the ambassador is atypical of the way muslim radicals act.

Comment

Not true, they had a close relationship before the plane was shot down. relations soured after the russians started slaughtering turkish terrorists in Syria and Turkey shot down their airplane.

Nevermind that none of this changes the fact that even if Erdogan wants to be BFFs with Putin the average muslim Turk is still gonna be unhappy about it and it's not like the killing of the ambassador is atypical of the way muslim radicals act.
                    I mean, throwing assertions around doesn't mean much without some citation. One thing that is clear is that public relations in Turkey towards US has soured recently, with your average Turk thinking that the US was involved in the coup against Erdogan. You say that the Turks don't like the relationship with Erdogan and Russia, but I don't know, man, you might want to provide some proof of that. And when I said "alliance" I wasn't speaking of a general relationship, I was speaking about their actions in Syria, and specifically of the Syrian pipeline alliance. Thought I made that clear, but I guess not, or maybe you should stop quoting my posts out of context.

Comment

I mean, throwing assertions around doesn't mean much without some citation. One thing that is clear is that public relations in Turkey towards US has soured recently, with your average Turk thinking that the US was involved in the coup against Erdogan. You say that the Turks don't like the relationship with Erdogan and Russia, but I don't know, man, you might want to provide some proof of that. And when I said "alliance" I wasn't speaking of a general relationship, I was speaking about their actions in Syria, and specifically of the Syrian pipeline alliance. Thought I made that clear, but I guess not, or maybe you should stop quoting my posts out of context.
                      lol @ asking for proof of that when one turk just made his feelings on the issue clear then SHOT THE FREAKIN RUSSIAN AMBASSADOR over it.

Seems to me you are asserting a western conspiracy to sour relations between Turkey and Russia so maybe you should provide evidence the machiavelian mastermind Angela Merkel had the Russian ambassador to Turkey shot by one of her Turkish double agents.

Comment

Meanwhile, on planet earth, leftists import hordes of third world savages that do what third world savages usually do and then find a way to blame it on the "far right":

Comment

lol @ asking for proof of that when one turk just made his feelings on the issue clear then SHOT THE FREAKIN RUSSIAN AMBASSADOR over it.

Seems to me you are asserting a western conspiracy to sour relations between Turkey and Russia so maybe you should provide evidence the machiavelian mastermind Angela Merkel had the Russian ambassador to Turkey shot by one of her Turkish double agents.
                          I'm asking you to show me proof he's specifically mad about "ethnic Turks" in Syria getting killed by Russia. From the reports I hear he was crying out about Aleppo, but this just sounds more of the same stuff we hear in the western media about atrocities being committed in Aleppo by Russia and Assad -- most likely because Aleppo was just liberated by Russia and Syrian forces from US backed terrorists. He's just parroting the typical propaganda about Syria we're hearing in the west. I didn't hear him say anything about Turks getting slaughtered

Comment

I'm asking you to show me proof he's specifically mad about "ethnic Turks" in Syria getting killed by Russia.
                            I was talking about the plane they shot down. Odds are he's not just mad about turks but muslims in general getting the tar beaten out of them (except for Kurds, but Kurds and turks aren't exactly getting along either).

From the reports I hear he was crying out about Aleppo, but this just sounds more of the same stuff we hear in the western media about atrocities being committed in Aleppo by Russia and Assad -- most likely because Aleppo was just liberated by Russia and Syrian forces from US backed terrorists. He's just parroting the typical propaganda about Syria we're hearing in the west. I didn't hear him say anything about Turks getting slaughtered
                            The "propaganda" is true, Assad really does commit atrocities. If you're siding with him because you think he's a saint...

Comment

I was talking about the plane they shot down. Odds are he's not just mad about turks but muslims in general getting the tar beaten out of them (except for Kurds, but Kurds and turks aren't exactly getting along either).

The "propaganda" is true, Assad really does commit atrocities. If you're siding with him because you think he's a saint...
                              Another weak strawman. No one in government is a saint. No one here's arguing that

Of course the dude is mad muslims are getting killed. No one's arguing differently. He's most likely mad the terrorists the west funds is getting their Edited by a Moderator handed to them in Aleppo by Russia and Syria, hence the reason he assassinated the Russian guy. I don't see how that doesn't make sense to you. Syrian government took over Aleppo from the terrorists, thus no reason he should be butthurt about that unless he's siding with the terrorist group the west sides with. Your "ethnic Turk" argument is speculative nonsense.
                              Moderator Notice

This may seem a mild epithet, but it is not allowed here.

***If you wish to take issue with this notice DO NOT do so in this thread.***
                              Contact the forum moderator or an administrator in Private Message or email instead. If you feel you must publicly complain or whine, please take it to the Psychotherapy Room unless told otherwise.

Last edited by Jedidiah; 12-20-2016, 07:12 PM.

Comment

Another weak strawman. No one in government is a saint. No one here's arguing that
                                More like another instance of selective autism on your part.

Of course the dude is mad muslims are getting killed. No one's arguing differently. He's most likely mad the terrorists the west funds is getting their arses handed to them in Aleppo by Russia and Syria, hence the reason he assassinated the Russian guy. I don't see how that doesn't make sense to you. Syrian government took over Aleppo from the terrorists, thus no reason he should be butthurt about that unless he's siding with the terrorist group the west sides with. Your "ethnic Turk" argument is speculative nonsense.

Comment