Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Christian gang sign placed on veteran's graves!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christian gang sign placed on veteran's graves!

Yes Christmas wreaths are gang signs! Oh the horror!

{QUOTE]Wreaths Across America 'carpet-bombing' veteran cemeteries with 'Christian gang sign,' nonprofit says

Laying wreaths on veteran graves without consent akin to a Christian 'gang sign,' group said

The leader of a nonprofit that protects military members' religious freedoms said wreaths laid on tombstones of veterans whose families haven't consented are Christian gang signs.

"We're not saying you can't [place wreaths], but you cannot blanket it like that," Military Religious Freedom Foundation president Michael ‘Mikey’ Weinstein told Fox News. "That's like carpet-bombing."

"That looks like it's a Christian gang sign, that you're creating territory that is a Christian territory," he continued.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/wreaths-a...christian-gang[/QUOTE]
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Do you remember the secret Christian gang handshake? I forgot it...
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post

Do you remember the secret Christian gang handshake? I forgot it...
        Again?

7fFk.gif

Comment

Again?

7fFk.gif
          That's it!

Comment

That's it!
            Well that's the public version anyway. It wouldn't be a secret if we just posted it everywhere, all willy-nilly.

I think I am gonna get a wreath tattoo on my neck like a real gang boss!!

Christianity: Best. Gang. Evar.

Comment

Well that's the public version anyway. It wouldn't be a secret if we just posted it everywhere, all willy-nilly.

I think I am gonna get a wreath tattoo on my neck like a real gang boss!!

Christianity: Best. Gang. Evar.
              Pffft. What gang doesn't have a lot of firepower to bring to the game? I'm having roguetech kick into overdrive seeing if we can make this puppy a reality without blowing up in my face --- at least more often than most of our stuff.

Attached Files

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Putting the $ in Chri$tmas since 1992
                The annual event has its roots in a donation in 1992 by the family that owns the Worcester Wreath Co. in Maine of a surplus of their product to Arlington National Cemetery to put on graves. The family members continued to make a yearly donation to Arlington and after a photo of the wreaths went viral in 2005, they began getting thousands of emails from people who wanted to participate in the effort.

Based on the requests, the Worcester family sent ceremonial wreaths representing each branch of the military, plus one for POW/MIA military members, to more than 100 locations in 2006. In 2007, the family and supporters set up Wreaths Across America.

The event is held each year on the second or third Saturday of December. Volunteers sign up to coordinate locations and lay wreaths, and individuals and organizations -- such as the VFW, American Legion, churches and community groups -- sponsor the $15 wreaths. Wreaths Across America gives back $5 to the nonprofits for each sponsorship to use for their own programs, Caron said.

Complete with kickbacks.

Comment

Yes Christmas wreaths are gang signs! Oh the horror!

Wreaths Across America 'carpet-bombing' veteran cemeteries with 'Christian gang sign,' nonprofit says

Laying wreaths on veteran graves without consent akin to a Christian 'gang sign,' group said

The leader of a nonprofit that protects military members' religious freedoms said wreaths laid on tombstones of veterans whose families haven't consented are Christian gang signs.

"We're not saying you can't [place wreaths], but you cannot blanket it like that," Military Religious Freedom Foundation president Michael ‘Mikey’ Weinstein told Fox News. "That's like carpet-bombing."

"That looks like it's a Christian gang sign, that you're creating territory that is a Christian territory," he continued.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/wreaths-a...christian-gang
                  Technically those should be called pagan gang signs, if anything, as that's their origin.

Comment

Originally posted by Juvenal View Post
                    Putting the $ in Chri$tmas since 1992
                    The annual event has its roots in a donation in 1992 by the family that owns the Worcester Wreath Co. in Maine of a surplus of their product to Arlington National Cemetery to put on graves. The family members continued to make a yearly donation to Arlington and after a photo of the wreaths went viral in 2005, they began getting thousands of emails from people who wanted to participate in the effort.

Based on the requests, the Worcester family sent ceremonial wreaths representing each branch of the military, plus one for POW/MIA military members, to more than 100 locations in 2006. In 2007, the family and supporters set up Wreaths Across America.

The event is held each year on the second or third Saturday of December. Volunteers sign up to coordinate locations and lay wreaths, and individuals and organizations -- such as the VFW, American Legion, churches and community groups -- sponsor the $15 wreaths. Wreaths Across America gives back $5 to the nonprofits for each sponsorship to use for their own programs, Caron said.

Complete with kickbacks.
                    You imply this is unscrupulous, but I don't see how.

Seriously, anybody getting bent out of shape about this needs to have their heads examined. I wonder, if they find this innocuous tradition so offensive, do they also refuse to decorate their homes, forgo holiday gatherings and the exchanging of gifts, and demand that their employer allow them to work that day?
                    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

In Japan this time of the year, it is all but impossible to move without finding some sort of Christmas display. But then, Christians make up about three percent of the population (if you include such groups as Jehovah's witnesses in the count) so it is fully understandable that they have no objection to Christian celebrations.
                      1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                      ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
                      Scripture before Tradition:
                      but that won't prevent others from
                      taking it upon themselves to deprive you
                      of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

You imply this is unscrupulous, but I don't see how.

Seriously, anybody getting bent out of shape about this needs to have their heads examined. I wonder, if they find this innocuous tradition so offensive, do they also refuse to decorate their homes, forgo holiday gatherings and the exchanging of gifts, and demand that their employer allow them to work that day?
                        These are likely the same folks who go apoplectic when you tell them that you are keeping them in their prayers. I've even seen someone declare it was somehow in some way akin to assault.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by tabibito View Post
                          In Japan this time of the year, it is all but impossible to move without finding some sort of Christmas display. But then, Christians make up about three percent of the population (if you include such groups as Jehovah's witnesses in the count) so it is fully understandable that they have no objection to Christian celebrations.
                          We need to send some American liberal atheists over to correct their wrongheaded view. Don't they know they're being oppressed?

Comment