Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Shock troops?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shock troops?

Matt Gaetz and Steve Bannon are discussing a plan to have 4000 shock troops take over the federal government should Trump win in 2024 "or before".

https://www.newsweek.com/bannon-gaet...rns-24-1657916
    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Can't take what anyone publicly brainstorming over the air very seriously.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

As the article notes, he used the same terminology on an interview on NBC News. I'll bet money he's just being intentionally provocative, and using metaphorical "nomenclature" (his term) in keeping with his "Warroom" theme. In the event Bad Orange Man gets elected in 2024, he needs to have a large number of people already prepared to fill spots in government in case he's able to find a way to uproot all the noxious swamp vegetation.
      Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
        ... he needs to have a large number of people already prepared to fill spots in government in case he's able to find a way to uproot all the noxious swamp vegetation.

He should have done that the first time around...
        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post

He should have done that the first time around...
          Perhaps his biggest mistake and likely unavoidable.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            Perhaps his biggest mistake and likely unavoidable.
            Yep, but even me and my lowly friends saw that back then - so why didn't they?
            Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post

Yep, but even me and my lowly friends saw that back then - so why didn't they?
              That was the unavoidable part. Being someone with NO political experience he couldn't draw from a pool of people who were both competent and loyal. Sure he could turn to employees but not many of them are capable or even interested in making such a switch.

Comment

"If you're going to take over the administrative state and deconstruct it, then you have to have shock troops prepared to take it over immediately," he added.

If he means that, he is insane or treasonous.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                  "If you're going to take over the administrative state and deconstruct it, then you have to have shock troops prepared to take it over immediately," he added.

Which is why I don't take some idiot talking on the radio about such things seriously. The folks you'd have to worry about are those capable of organizing like that quietly and off the radar. Not bombastic blowhards figuratively waving flags and sending up flares trying to attract attention.

Comment

Which is why I don't take some idiot talking on the radio about such things seriously. The folks you'd have to worry about are those capable of organizing like that quietly and off the radar. Not bombastic blowhards figuratively waving flags and sending up flares trying to attract attention.
                    Gaetz is more than just "some idiot", he is thought of as Trump's preferred Speaker. This can't be dismissed all that easily.
                    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post

Gaetz is more than just "some idiot", he is thought of as Trump's preferred Speaker. This can't be dismissed all that easily.
                      Yes. Yes it can.

Folks who are at all serious about stuff like this do NOT deliberately make their plans with large microphones between them broadcasting everything they say, so that anyone who wants to can listen in.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Isn't that what "draining the swamp" would involve? And isn't the attempt doomed to failure without the right personnel to see it through?
                        1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                        ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
                        Scripture before Tradition:
                        but that won't prevent others from
                        taking it upon themselves to deprive you
                        of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Yes. Yes it can.

Folks who are at all serious about stuff like this do NOT deliberately make their plans with large microphones between them broadcasting everything they say, so that anyone who wants to can listen in.
                          Yeah. That’s more an idiotic Dem thing. Like giving away all your military secrets and letting Al Qaeda know when you are pulling out of Afghanistan.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by tabibito View Post

Isn't that what "draining the swamp" would involve? And isn't the attempt doomed to failure without the right personnel to see it through?
                            er, what?

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                              Matt Gaetz and Steve Bannon are discussing a plan to have 4000 shock troops take over the federal government should Trump win in 2024 "or before".
                              A really dumb idea for myriad reasons. In fact, it is so dumb that they can't be serious.

Comment