Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Fun and Games In Germany And Australia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fun and Games In Germany And Australia

Both appear to be joyfully embracing Authoritiarian power over the citizenry.

Germany in particular appears to have decided to forget their shameful history and begin the first baby steps of a journey down a path they've been down before. This time the 'unvaccinated' taking on the role of the "unwanted". Wonder what symbol people will have to wear this time. A yellow needle with an x through it?

https://www.cnn.com/2021/12/02/europ...ntl/index.html

I hear upon news of the decision, many hands in Germany began to trend like this: chart-increasing_1f4c8.png

Meanwhile Australia literally already has their camps ready and arrest people who escape them. And the folks in the government, rather than questioning why the hell such a thing is even going on, are more concerned with how they escaped and how to prevent future escapes. I don't have much hope for the people of Australia.
    https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-12-...tion/100668548

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post
    Both appear to be joyfully embracing Authoritiarian power over the citizenry.

Germany in particular appears to have decided to forget their shameful history and begin the first baby steps of a journey down a path they've been down before. This time the 'unvaccinated' taking on the role of the "unwanted". Wonder what symbol people will have to wear this time. A yellow needle with an x through it?

https://www.cnn.com/2021/12/02/europ...ntl/index.html

I hear upon news of the decision, many hands in Germany began to trend like this: chart-increasing_1f4c8.png

Meanwhile Australia literally already has their camps ready and arrest people who escape them. And the folks in the government, rather than questioning why the hell such a thing is even going on, are more concerned with how they escaped and how to prevent future escapes. I don't have much hope for the people of Australia.
    https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-12-...tion/100668548
    Are you saying something like the more things change, the more they stay the same?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      Are you saying something like the more things change, the more they stay the same?

I'm pretty sure most nazis weren't bent on doing evil. They probably even had (at least what sounded like) perfectly rational justifications checking for papers and rounding up folks and sending them to camps, and laughed and vilified those that opposed these perfectly rational actions.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post

I'm pretty sure most nazis weren't bent on doing evil. They probably even had (at least what sounded like) perfectly rational justifications checking for papers and rounding up folks and sending them to camps, and laughed and vilified those that opposed these perfectly rational actions.
        Yep. Most of them were, as they said, just following orders.

Comment

At least they had some cool uniforms. And they made great villains in many movies. My fave "Where Eagles Dare"

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
            At least they had some cool uniforms. And they made great villains in many movies. My fave "Where Eagles Dare"
            And I thought the German helmets were cooler than ours - and I'm not even talking about the ones with the big lightning rods on them.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

1933 Germany? Hidden Cameras Expose Tyranny in Australia's 'Voluntary' Quarantine Camps

“Tyranny” is not really the first word that comes to mind when you think of Australia. But the current government of Australia seems to be on the road to an oppressive kind of tyranny as it enforces severe COVID restrictions on its population.

Australia is being rather extreme with its COVID-19 regulations, some of which reportedly include fencing people into quarantine camps. Earlier this week, the BBC reported that three people broke out of Howard Springs, a main quarantine facility in Australia’s Northern Territory.

The three escapees literally scaled a fence to get out of the facility, according to police, but then law enforcement took up a manhunt and arrested them. They had all tested negative for COVID the day before.

Following the shocking report, several locals and people with knowledge of the camps are speaking out about how restrictive and extreme the situation is.

Haley Hodgson is a 26-year-old, and her account of what it’s like inside one of the quarantine camps has received much attention on social media.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                1933 Germany? Hidden Cameras Expose Tyranny in Australia's 'Voluntary' Quarantine Camps

“Tyranny” is not really the first word that comes to mind when you think of Australia. But the current government of Australia seems to be on the road to an oppressive kind of tyranny as it enforces severe COVID restrictions on its population.

Australia is being rather extreme with its COVID-19 regulations, some of which reportedly include fencing people into quarantine camps. Earlier this week, the BBC reported that three people broke out of Howard Springs, a main quarantine facility in Australia’s Northern Territory.

The three escapees literally scaled a fence to get out of the facility, according to police, but then law enforcement took up a manhunt and arrested them. They had all tested negative for COVID the day before.

Following the shocking report, several locals and people with knowledge of the camps are speaking out about how restrictive and extreme the situation is.

Haley Hodgson is a 26-year-old, and her account of what it’s like inside one of the quarantine camps has received much attention on social media.
                "You must volunteer to be deported to one of these camps, or you will be arrested and taken there forcibly."

Comment

That's definitely one of the all time classics , but I have to give the fave nod to Eastwood's other great war movie "Kelly's Heros"
                  We know J6 wasn’t peaceful because they didn’t set the building on fire.

Comment

Video of her interview:

in all honesty, we shouldn't be too surprised that Australia has upgraded to internment camps for their own citizens.

After all they have had several decades of practice on migrants and refugees:

https://www.hrw.org/news/2020/07/16/...ekers-refugees

Comment

Originally posted by alaskazimm View Post

That's definitely one of the all time classics , but I have to give the fave nod to Eastwood's other great war movie "Kelly's Heros"
                      I need to watch the latter again, been a long time.

In the former, it is amazing how little actual dialogue there is in a 2.5 hour movie.

Comment

In the former, it is amazing how little actual dialogue there is in a 2.5 hour movie.
                        We need a "favorite war movie" thread.

Comment

We need a "favorite war movie" thread.
                          Go for it! But do you want to limit it to war movies? My fave genre is Film Noir

Comment

And no frenetic cuts either.
                            We know J6 wasn’t peaceful because they didn’t set the building on fire.

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

Video of her interview:

in all honesty, we shouldn't be too surprised that Australia has upgraded to internment camps for their own citizens.

After all they have had several decades of practice on migrants and refugees:
                              Criticism of Australia's action with regard to refugees is warranted. As for the responses to Covid, the overwhelming majority of the people affected (i.e. the people who actually have to put up with the inconveniences) are in support.
                              1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                              ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
                              Scripture before Tradition:
                              but that won't prevent others from
                              taking it upon themselves to deprive you
                              of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment