Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Broken Promises

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    So, apparently Trump is breaking promises before even taking office.

For example, now he says he will not pursue the investigation against Hillary. And reports are that he is weakening on his stance on Obamacare.

So is he going to continue to break promises? And if so, does that mean the liberals will like him more? and that the conservatives will like him less?

Is he heading for a more Centrist position?

Or is this all a ruse to put the democrats at ease so Obama won't pardon her until he gets into office and then he will slam Hillary with the investigation?
    Given he has been an AC/DC centrist most of his adult life it is not surprising. Trump has been a rhetoric artist to inspire the reactionary, and extreme right voters, as well as the evangelical right. The only specific promise I see him keeping is appointing right wing judges to the supreme court who are opposed to abortion.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
      The only specific promise I see him keeping is appointing right wing judges to the supreme court who are opposed to abortion.
      There's hope.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
        Given he has been an AC/DC centrist most of his adult life it is not surprising. Trump has been a rhetoric artist to inspire the reactionary, and extreme right voters, as well as the evangelical right. The only specific promise I see him keeping is appointing right wing judges to the supreme court who are opposed to abortion.
        Yeah I am starting to think both sides will tell the other, "I told you so!"

The conservatives will tell the liberals, "We told you so! He is not as crazy conservative as you thought"

And the liberals will say, "We told you so! He is not keeping all those crazy promises he made!"

But I think we will need to see what he does when actually in office. I think the scariest thing about Trump, for both sides, is not knowing what the heck he will actually do.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          Yeah I am starting to think both sides will tell the other, "I told you so!"

The conservatives will tell the liberals, "We told you so! He is not as crazy conservative as you thought"

And the liberals will say, "We told you so! He is not keeping all those crazy promises he made!"

But I think we will need to see what he does when actually in office. I think the scariest thing about Trump, for both sides, is not knowing what the heck he will actually do.
          Well we DO know that he'll look after his own interests first and foremost, come what may.

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          There's hope.
          At the expense of women's rights.

But it's highly unlikely that a Landmark Decision such as Roe v Wade will be overturned, no matter who's appointed the the SCOTUS, they rarely are.
          Last edited by Tassman; 11-29-2016, 11:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by robrecht View Post
            Actually, he claimed he would intervene, that he would 'appoint a special prosecutor', that he would 'investigate the investigation'. I know all of you Trump supporters and Hillary haters may not want to admit it to yourselves yet, but Trump lied to you and played you.
            So, you think Trump is shameless liar but that he is definitely telling truth now about not prosecuting Clinton?

Sounds more like wishful thinking to me!!!
            Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

Originally posted by demi-conservative View Post
              So, you think Trump is shameless liar but that he is definitely telling truth now about not prosecuting Clinton?

Sounds more like wishful thinking to me!!!
              No, not wishful thinking. I just don't think Trump and those around him are stupid enough to follow through on this. But, if you are right about Trump being dishonest now, maybe he is that stupid.
              אָכֵ֕ן אַתָּ֖ה אֵ֣ל מִסְתַּתֵּ֑ר אֱלֹהֵ֥י יִשְׂרָאֵ֖ל מוֹשִֽׁיעַ׃

Comment

he looks to be serious about keeping his promise to ditch the TPPA. (which as a supporter of the TPPA, I think our negotiators did an overall good job for us, I would rather he did break his promise on that one.)
                Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
                1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
                -Ben Witherington III

Comment

But, if you are right about Trump being dishonest now, maybe he is that stupid.
                  You wish!!

If he is dishonest now, then most likely he's politically savvy like normal: after winning Presidency (while lots of people hate him), to appear moderate, non-divisive, gracious to Hillary like Hillary graciously conceded...especially when question is stupid question since AG of Trump hasn't seen relevant evidence.

Comment

You wish!!

If he is dishonest now, then most likely he's politically savvy like normal: after winning Presidency (while lots of people hate him), to appear moderate, non-divisive, gracious to Hillary like Hillary graciously conceded...especially when question is stupid question since AG of Trump hasn't seen relevant evidence.
                    You really should stop trying to guess (giving you the benefit of the doubt) at what you think I'm supposedly wishing for--it makes you look foolish. The sense of 'dishonest' that you're using here seems to be the opposite sense of your previous post, but I'll let you try to clarify your point.

Comment

You really should stop trying to guess (giving you the benefit of the doubt) at what you think I'm supposedly wishing for--it makes you look foolish.
                      No need to guess, you are so transparent

Comment

No need to guess, you are so transparent
                        Then why do you keep guessing wrong?

Comment

Then why do you keep guessing wrong?
                          It's Tweb. That's what we do.
                          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                            At the expense of women's rights.
                            You mean, the right of women to have unprotected sex knowing it might result in the creation of life, then murder the baby it produces? THAT right?

But it's highly unlikely that a Landmark Decision such as Roe v Wade will be overturned, no matter who's appointed the the SCOTUS, they rarely are.
                            True

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                              True
                              So was this another 'useful campaign device' for Trump when he said this would happen automatically if he were elected president? Was he being dishonest or was he just ignorant of this truth?

Comment

Not just your typical politician, but a demagogue. He turned into that a long time ago. Media elites and other Democrats never thought such a demagogue could be a serious political contender, but that was a ridiculous conceit on their part.
                                I don't deny that with WRT Trump, but I honestly don't see how a "typical politician" isn't a demagogue.

Course, I've just gotten sick to death of politics in general. I'm an ordinary guy who just wants to live a peaceful life and get along with people, and I hate all the divisiveness and bitterness that politics creates. It's never-ending, and seems to be only getting worse.
                                I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment