Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Anti-gun, failed presidential candidate Beto O'Rourke to run for governor of Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Littlejoe View Post

Will McConaughey run as a Republican or Democrat?
    He won't say.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Would he be willing to ruin his career by attaching an R to his name? If not a D then an I

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        Would he be willing to ruin his career by attaching an R to his name? If not a D then an I
        I would think he'd run as an I - can't possibly imagine him running as an R.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Littlejoe View Post

Will McConaughey run as a Republican or Democrat?
          It's a NO GO!

Matthew McConaughey makes decision on whether he will run for Texas governor

Matthew McConaughey announced Sunday that he has decided against a run for Texas governor amid speculation that the actor might enter the race.

"Over the past two years, I've been working on the answer to the question of how I can be most useful in this life going forward," McConaughey said at the beginning of a three-minute video posted to Twitter. "Useful to myself, useful to my family and to the most amount of people."

The "Dazed and Confused" star went on to elaborate on his opinions regarding the importance of servant leadership and how he has been considering a Texas gubernatorial run, but ultimately decided against it.

"As a simple kid born in the little town of Uvalde, Texas, it never occurred to me that I would one day be considered for political leadership," he said. "It's a humbling and inspiring path to ponder. It is also a path that I am choosing not to take at this moment."

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

It's a NO GO!

Matthew McConaughey makes decision on whether he will run for Texas governor

Matthew McConaughey announced Sunday that he has decided against a run for Texas governor amid speculation that the actor might enter the race.

"Over the past two years, I've been working on the answer to the question of how I can be most useful in this life going forward," McConaughey said at the beginning of a three-minute video posted to Twitter. "Useful to myself, useful to my family and to the most amount of people."

The "Dazed and Confused" star went on to elaborate on his opinions regarding the importance of servant leadership and how he has been considering a Texas gubernatorial run, but ultimately decided against it.

"As a simple kid born in the little town of Uvalde, Texas, it never occurred to me that I would one day be considered for political leadership," he said. "It's a humbling and inspiring path to ponder. It is also a path that I am choosing not to take at this moment."
            Saw that on Drudge this morning. Given his actions over the past few weeks I would have been surprised if he ran -- but you never know with Hollyweird types.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment