Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The Democrat Autopsy Continues....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Democrat Autopsy Continues....

Excellent article attempting to understand why Democrats are losing so badly. My Dad, now 95, was a lifelong Democrat, who always boasted that the Democratic Party was the "God and Country" Party.

Democrats search for answers to stem a spreading Republican tide

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

I recall the mocking from the left that the GOP would disintegrate as a result of Trump. Man, was that ever a miscalculation.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
      I recall the mocking from the left that the GOP would disintegrate as a result of Trump. Man, was that ever a miscalculation.
      Bill Clinton reportedly told them throughout the campaign that they were overextending in the identity politics and ignoring the working white male.

His comments in Michigan marked the last leg of a lonely, one-man war he launched earlier in the election to appeal to working-class and white rural voters, whom senior Clinton staffers reportedly told him were not worth the time or effort.

In the final days of the 2016 election, Hillary Clinton and her team of proxies stuck to three key talking points: That she has the resume to be president, that it would be progressive to vote for a woman and that Donald Trump is unfit to lead.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

This guy nails it. This here is exactly why the dems lost the election:

Edited by a Moderator

Moderated By: Raphael

He may or may not have some good points, but there is way too much profanity in that for it to be on TWeb.

***If you wish to take issue with this notice DO NOT do so in this thread.***
        Contact the forum moderator or an administrator in Private Message or email instead. If you feel you must publicly complain or whine, please take it to the Padded Room unless told otherwise.

Last edited by Raphael; 11-22-2016, 04:44 PM.
        Blog: Atheism and the City

If your whole worldview rests on a particular claim being true, you damn well better have evidence for it. You should have tons of evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by The Thinker View Post
          This guy nails it. This here is exactly why the dems lost the election:

Edited by a Moderator
          But it's more than that. The Democratic party now seems split between Bernie folk and establishment Hillary folk, and they can't seem to find common ground between the two.
          Last edited by Raphael; 11-22-2016, 04:45 PM.

Comment

But it's more than that. The Democratic party now seems split between Bernie folk and establishment Hillary folk, and they can't seem to find common ground between the two.
            That's part of his criticism.
            Blog: Atheism and the City

If your whole worldview rests on a particular claim being true, you damn well better have evidence for it. You should have tons of evidence.

Comment

Everything the Democrats did this election cycle was a miscalculation.
              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                Everything the Democrats did this election cycle was a miscalculation.
                They're also getting it wrong in the aftermath. They keep claiming Trump's win was a "whitelash" when in fact he didn't get that much more white votes than Romney. The difference seems to be the black vote, which was less prominent for Hillary than Obama. So if anything, a "blacklash" might be the more proper term for the outcome.

Comment

The media must take some responsibility for this what with their eagerness to highlight every disagreement within the Republican Party while ignoring all but the most visible quarrels and then to hand wave them off as inconsequential.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                    The media must take some responsibility for this what with their eagerness to highlight every disagreement within the Republican Party while ignoring all but the most visible quarrels and then to hand wave them off as inconsequential.
                    I just hope the media doesn't learn its lesson before the midterms.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                      I just hope the media doesn't learn its lesson before the midterms.
                      I'll be surprised if the media isn't back in its bubble before the month is out.
                      Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                      sigpic
                      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                        I'll be surprised if the media isn't back in its bubble before the month is out.
                        It seems that they're already moving back in. Fading fast is the appearance of introspection (I don't think they were ever serious about it) as they return to their usual smug attitude of superiority

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

TYT proves rogue's point. As does Bill Mahr.
                          sigpic

Comment

Give it time. We are living through difficult times wherein demagogues tend to flourish.

Comment

I question the so called popularity of President Obama. It is based on what? Polls?? We all know how reliable those are!

Comment