Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Robber Baron? Or capitalism in action?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

In the video there is teaching taking place.
    That should have been a question. I will rephrase. Where in the video is teaching taking place?
    "It ain't necessarily so
    The things that you're liable
    To read in the Bible
    It ain't necessarily so
    ."

Sportin' Life
    Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

In the video there is teaching taking place.
      And...?
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

And...?
        Read the corrected post

Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

That should have been a question. I will rephrase. Where in the video is teaching taking place?

"It ain't necessarily so
        To read in the Bible
        It ain't necessarily so
        ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          I think Hypatia once again proves it is difficult to tell the difference between a true idiot and a troll parody of one. She is either trolling you guys pretending to be thick-headed or she is a complete moron.
          It appears that rogue06 likes to make assumptions and when his error is pointed out resorts to puerility, although he is hardly alone in that regard.
          "It ain't necessarily so
          To read in the Bible
          It ain't necessarily so
          ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

It appears that rogue06 likes to make assumptions and when his error is pointed out resorts to puerility, although he is hardly alone in that regard.
            You are the one who pedantically refuses to understand what he and others have been saying: Pets and domesticated animals are conditioned and have been bred for thousands of years to resist their instinctive behaviors or eliminate those instinctive behaviors. You posting a video of a cat not eating a bird does nothing to contradict that fact. It actually supports it. Also, you have no idea how long that cat has been conditioned to not eat the obviously pet pigeon.
            Last edited by Sparko; 11-08-2021, 12:22 PM.

Comment

I will rephrase. Where in the video is teaching taking place?
              And I will repeat: I didn't watch the video. Regardless, I agree with you when you say that "older babies will recognise 'punishment' for unpleasant or unhelpful behaviour."

Are you so geared up for a debate that you refuse to take "yes" for an answer?

Comment

• I keep looking at the thread title and seeing "Robber Bacon".

Sparko, STOP!!!!
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                  I keep looking at the thread title and seeing "Robber Bacon".

Sparko, STOP!!!!
                  I am a Bacon Robber, not a Robber Bacon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                    And I will repeat: I didn't watch the video. Regardless, I agree with you when you say that "older babies will recognise 'punishment' for unpleasant or unhelpful behaviour."

Are you so geared up for a debate that you refuse to take "yes" for an answer?
                    You initially wrote "I never said I watched the video" that is not a categorical statement that you had not watched the video.

Nor did I write "that children can be trained with punishment". You therefore not only distorted what I wrote but managed to offer your agreement with something that had never been alleged either by myself or in the video [which you never watched].
                    "It ain't necessarily so
                    To read in the Bible
                    It ain't necessarily so
                    ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post

You are the one who pedantically refuses to understand what he and others have been saying: Pets and domesticated animals are conditioned and have been bred for thousands of years to resist their instinctive behaviors or eliminate those instinctive behaviors. You posting a video of a cat not eating a bird does nothing to contradict that fact. It actually supports it. Also, you have no idea how long that cat has been conditioned to not eat the obviously pet pigeon.
                      No I am the one pointing out that some of you just cannot resist leaping to unfounded conclusions.
                      "It ain't necessarily so
                      To read in the Bible
                      It ain't necessarily so
                      ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

• 1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                        ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
                        Scripture before Tradition:
                        but that won't prevent others from
                        taking it upon themselves to deprive you
                        of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

• Originally posted by tabibito View Post
                          Yup. Such cases provide the exception to the rule. I would suspect that the snake is not hungry when its with the hamster. Sort of like how the lions had just eaten when the host of the nature show sits among them out in the wild.

Actually, if the snake isn't hungry I've seen mice actually nibbling on one.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                            Yup. Such cases provide the exception to the rule. I would suspect that the snake is not hungry when its with the hamster. Sort of like how the lions had just eaten when the host of the nature show sits among them out in the wild.

Actually, if the snake isn't hungry I've seen mice actually nibbling on one.
                            They spent all their time together. The hamster's name was "gohan" (lunch). The snake, "aochan," wouldn't eat, so the zoo-keepers decided to feed it live food instead of frozen rats. The two hit it off, and aochan decided to eat frozen rats. As far as I know, they lived together until gohan died of old age.
                            1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                            ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
                            Scripture before Tradition:
                            but that won't prevent others from
                            taking it upon themselves to deprive you
                            of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

• Originally posted by tabibito View Post

They spent all their time together. The hamster's name was "gohan" (lunch). The snake, "aochan," wouldn't eat, so the zoo-keepers decided to feed it live food instead of frozen rats. The two hit it off, and aochan decided to eat frozen rats. As far as I know, they lived together until gohan died of old age.
                              Interesting.

I dated a girl in the late 1970s who owned a pet store that specialized in fish and reptiles. I'd often be there after hours during "feeding time" and I can tell you there was definitely a reason it was done when no customers were around. Perhaps the most gory incident was when she put a mouse in with a tarantula

It was from her I learned about mice eating the snake if the snake wasn't hungry.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

You initially wrote "I never said I watched the video" that is not a categorical statement that you had not watched the video.

Nor did I write "that children can be trained with punishment". You therefore not only distorted what I wrote but managed to offer your agreement with something that had never been alleged either by myself or in the video [which you never watched].
                                I wasn't agreeing with the video as I have not watched it. I was agreeing with you when you said that "older babies will recognise 'punishment' for unpleasant or unhelpful behaviour."

Why are you trying to argue a point that we both agree on?

Comment