Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Kyle Rittenhouse...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
    I still wonder if they might try to find some strained way to make "He crossed State lines!!!" give them the hook they need.
    The whole he crossed state lines with an illegal weapon was what the prosecutors seemed to have built their case around. That was the basis behind their oft repeated claim that he can't claim self-defense during an illegal act that he was responsible for. And when that fell apart they didn't have a Plan B and instead just kept going ahead with the original.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Considering that the testimony from their own key witness is what was largely responsible for torpedoing their case (and yet they still put him on the stand), you have to wonder just how bad what jump kick man would say, that caused them to turn him down and conceal his identity.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        The whole he crossed state lines with an illegal weapon was what the prosecutors seemed to have built their case around. That was the basis behind their oft repeated claim that he can't claim self-defense during an illegal act that he was responsible for. And when that fell apart they didn't have a Plan B and instead just kept going ahead with the original.
        And let's be clear -- even IF that were a legitimate charge, it's still entirely possible for him to be convicted on that, but found "not guilty" on all other charges.

I think another place where the prosecutors screwed up was insisting these were "protesters" when it was quite obvious they were rioters and "a mob".
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

And let's be clear -- even IF that were a legitimate charge, it's still entirely possible for him to be convicted on that, but found "not guilty" on all other charges.

I think another place where the prosecutors screwed up was insisting these were "protesters" when it was quite obvious they were rioters and "a mob".
          Maybe one of the questions they asked potential jurors was "do you watch CNN?" and figured anyone who said yes lived in an indestructible bubble that could resist incontrovertible evidence.

Comment

Considering that the testimony from their own key witness is what was largely responsible for torpedoing their case (and yet they still put him on the stand), you have to wonder just how bad what jump kick man would say, that caused them to turn him down and conceal his identity.
            I would love to hear from the prosecution what they actually were thinking when their own guy was making the case - under oath - for the defense.

The "face palm" was priceless, but I'd love to know "the rest of the story".
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I would love to hear from the prosecution what they actually were thinking when their own guy was making the case - under oath - for the defense.

The "face palm" was priceless, but I'd love to know "the rest of the story".
              The face palm was an excellent example of the truth behind the saying that a picture is worth a thousand words.

Comment

The face palm was an excellent example of the truth behind the saying that a picture is worth a thousand words.
                Is there a pic of the face palm? I missed that part!

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

• Originally posted by mossrose View Post

Is there a pic of the face palm? I missed that part!
                  image_56144.jpg

Comment

Priceless!

That should be a meme for every face palm moment ever!

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Yup, that's where they suddenly knew they were in deep doodoo.

Comment

• 0lsst8ku2fy71.jpg

Comment

That's a man you want to play poker with.
                          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

That's a man you want to play poker with.
                            Here's the video of the moment that face palm took place, though they don't actually show the face palm.
                            It occurs when the prosecution's own witness admits he was the one who was about to shoot Kyle, and Kyle shot him first...

Comment

Here's the video of the moment that face palm took place, though they don't actually show the face palm.
                              It occurs when the prosecution's own witness admits he was the one who was about to shoot Kyle, and Kyle shot him first...
                              That guy is such a weasel. He was forced to tell the truth because of the video. I can imagine what he would have said if there wasn't.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ronson View Post

That guy is such a weasel. He was forced to tell the truth because of the video. I can imagine what he would have said if there wasn't.
                                But, eventually, he was forced into telling the truth, and it's the prosecution's own fault for not "mock trial-ing" him.

I like to watch the eyes of the lady in front of him (court reporter?) when he's testifying - when he finally admits his gun was pointed at Kyle, you see her perk up, and her eyes dart over toward the prosecution, and I swear I can read a "Oh my God, did he just SAY that!"

Comment