Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump calls for Republican boycott of upcoming elections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

It is another attempt to sow division and unrest...
    At least that's how liberals like you are choosing to read it.

Meanwhile, our country is falling apart under Joe's incompetent and disinterested leadership, but all you care about is that President Trump is not in the White House. It's a rather sad state of affairs, but then I'm talking to a guy who apparently gets his political insights from a Star Trek episode where the antagonist was defeated by literally laughing at it until it gave up and left, so this may be a hopeless cause.
    Last edited by Mountain Man; 10-14-2021, 08:59 AM.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      Wrong. It was the NBC news ditz who declared that the crowd was chanting "Let's Go Brandon!" when it was very clear that was not what they were chanting. I'd post the video but all the f-bombs in it prohibited me from doing so.
      I stand corrected on the source, while declining to join in on your misogyny.
      Whether by mistake or as an intentional attempt to deflect from the swearing on live television, Ms Stavast told Mr Brown that the crowd was cheering him on with chants of "Let's go, Brandon".

Contrary to your characterization, that was quick thinking.

In that case then saying "fudge" or "fiddlesticks" would be disguised profanity.
      These are not the same because "Let's go, Brandon," is, as you insist, and I agree,Edited by a Moderatorwhich is not the case with "fudge" or "fiddlesticks."

(That's an invitation to escalate the issue to ownership.)

Good think you don't enforce the rules around here.
      Good for you, but only if you don't think these things through. I don't care if you change the rules to allow f-bombs, to allow disguised f-bombs, or even to have a carve-out just for disguised f-bombs directed at Joe Biden. In fact, I kind of like the latter, as it makes y'all juicier targets.

But ya don't get away with insisting "Let's go, Brandon" is a disguised f-bomb and then claiming it's not.

Cause that would be lying.
      Last edited by rogue06; 10-14-2021, 09:55 AM.

Comment

Can you explain after two impeachments over bribery and insurrection
        Partisan impeachments that failed because they had no legs.

and the events of Jan 6,
        Partisan hyperbole from both sides.

not to mention the long term damage to our relationship with our NATO allies
        IMO, NATO is a European affair now, and is archaic for U.S. involvement. But for argument sake, there has been no "long term damage" done by Trump that can be articulated.

and the large scale refusal to take measures to limit Covid spread (masks and the vaccine)
        Trump's Operation Warpspeed was his refusal to take measures? I think you watch too much CNN.

that are Trump incited and often Trump supporting, why you need to be told?
        I'm sorry, but your outrage is more emotional than realized. He wasn't a perfect president, but your complaints fall along the lines of partisanship.

Comment

Originally posted by Juvenal View Post

Whether by mistake or as an intentional attempt to deflect from the swearing on live television, Ms Stavast told Mr Brown that the crowd was cheering him on with chants of "Let's go, Brandon".

Normally, such chants would be ignored.

These are not the same because "Let's go, Brandon," is, as you insist, and I agree, a direct substitution for which is not the case with "fudge" or "fiddlesticks."

Good for you, but only if you don't think these things through. I don't care if you change the rules to allow f-bombs, to allow disguised f-bombs, or even to have a carve-out just for disguised f-bombs directed at Joe Biden. In fact, I kind of like the latter, as it makes y'all juicier targets.

But ya don't get away with insisting "Let's go, Brandon" is a disguised f-bomb and then claiming it's not.

Cause that would be lying.
          Isn't "f-bomb" a disguise for profanity? I used something similar here, an "s" followed by random characters and was dinged for it. So it appears it's all be open to interpretation by the mods.

Comment

The ability to quickly think of and utter a bald faced lie is hardly an admirable trait.

Comment

This isn't the first time fans have chanted something obscene at a sporting event. The crews that cover them are old hands at dealing with it. First of all, they don't acknowledge it but continue talking making it difficult to make out. But this ditz thought it would be a bright idea to pause a couple times to make sure that the fans at home could clearly hear the chant Then she sought to cover it up with her laughably lame explanation.

You might call that quick thinking but I call it stupidity to have ignored standard protocol and let the fans hear the chant clearly and be put in the situation of trying to explain it away. And not very well

These are not the same because "Let's go, Brandon," is, as you insist, and I agree, a direct substitution for Edited by a Moderator which is not the case with "fudge" or "fiddlesticks."

And you will certainly get it. As stupid a move as the NBC reporter in question

And yes "fudge" and "fiddlesticks" are substitutes for the f-bomb. Just like saying "darn it" or "shoot" are substitutes for bad language.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

Partisan impeachments that failed because they had no legs.
                Well, no, the impeachments succeeded in the sense that an impeachment is nothing more than an indictment or formal accusation, but it doesn't mean what ox suggests because, as I like to point out, everybody who has ever been found not guilty in a court of law was formally accused at some point, and as the Babylon Bee headline hilariously put it, "Donald Trump: Most Exonerated President In US History".

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

At least that's how liberals like you are choosing to read it.

Meanwhile, our country is falling apart under Joe's incompetent and disinterested leadership, but all you care about is that President Trump is not in the White House. It's a rather sad state of affairs, but then I'm talking to a guy who apparently gets his political insights from a Star Trek episode where the antagonist was defeated by literally laughing at it until it gave up and left, so this may be a hopeless cause.
                  Now that was a derogatory slam for no apparent purpose - But the principle - recognizing the danger to both sides and taking the action necessary to rid OURselves of that danger applies. This is how allegorical stories are told to make meaningful points. Star Trek has always done that, and in this case - the point very much needs to be made.
                  My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Now that was a derogatory slam for no apparent purpose - But the principle - recognizing the danger to both sides and taking the action necessary to rid OURselves of that danger applies. This is how allegorical stories are told to make meaningful points. Star Trek has always done that, and in this case - the point very much needs to be made.
                    That you would liken President Trump to a malevolent space entity that feeds on anger and hostility is hilariously delusional. As Ted Cruz famously said during one of the Republican presidential debates, "No, Donald Trump is not a cartoon villain." I honestly can not wrap my head around the fact that you can look at the utter mess Joe has made, and think that the four years of peace, prosperity, and competent leadership under President Trump was somehow worse.

Comment

The ability to quickly think of and utter a bald faced lie is hardly an admirable trait.
                      Makes one think it's a normal kind of response! "Lie on command".
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

That you would liken President Trump to a malevolent space entity that feeds on anger and hostility is hilariously delusional. As Ted Cruz famously said during one of the Republican presidential debates, "No, Donald Trump is not a cartoon villain." I honestly can not wrap my head around the fact that you can look at the utter mess Joe has made, and think that the four years of peace, prosperity, and competent leadership under President Trump was somehow worse.
                        The choices are not good. But given the alternative is a person comfortable with trying to use force to get the election result he wants, Biden is the only viable choice at this point.
                        My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

The choices are not good. But given the alternative is a person comfortable with trying to use force to get the election result he wants, Biden is the only viable choice at this point.
                          What? When did President Trump ever attempt "to use force to get the election result he wants"?

As for Joe, he's not even a viable choice for running a hotdog stand and is apparently doing everything in his power to burn this country to ground, although I'm not certain if it's through intent, or if he is so far gone mentally that he simply has no idea what's really going on.

Comment

What? When did President Trump ever attempt "to use force to get the election result he wants"?

As for Joe, he's not even a viable choice for running a hotdog stand and is apparently doing everything in his power to burn this country to ground, although I'm not certain if it's through intent, or if he is so far gone mentally that he simply has no idea what's really going on.
                            If you can say things like that in light of Jan 6, his attempts to get the military involved, his continued attempts to stoke doubt about the election - then we just don't have any common ground for discussion.

Comment

If you can say things like that in light of Jan 6, his attempts to get the military involved, his continued attempts to stoke doubt about the election - then we just don't have any common ground for discussion.
                              Jim, so much of the media hype about January 6, Russian collusion, and other big events are coming to light as not quite what they were portrayed to be.

I asked you before (and please forgive me if I missed your answer) if you recognize that the media and bit tech actually helped drag Biden over the line to victory.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Jim, so much of the media hype about January 6, Russian collusion, and other big events are coming to light as not quite what they were portrayed to be.

I asked you before (and please forgive me if I missed your answer) if you recognize that the media and bit tech actually helped drag Biden over the line to victory.
                                It's not media hype CP. We saw what happened. What boggles my mind is that so many are so willing to be consoled by the soothing voices of their preferred oracles into believing it "was't that bad".

As for the Biden question, I've never seen you ask that question of me before (which means I just missed it, not that you didn't ask it).

So my answer is: No, I don't believe the media and bit tech helped drag Biden to victory. His margin of victory was way too large for that. The turnout was way too large for that. What I thing is that Biden won because Trump is so bad that there was a large number of registered republicans that could see that and were stronly motivated by the fact that even progressive liberals were less of a danger to our nation that what Donald Trump is cooking. And with Jan 6, our concerns were shown to be valid on a scale close to worst case (If the military had not pushed back and said no to Trump's desire to use them, I believe it very likely we not have a republic any longer). We came way to close with Trump I. With the unwillingness of Republican leadership to jettison that baggage, and them even continuing to feed it, we are still in very grave danger. WE need to ditch him and move back to a two party system where neither party is a cult of a single person. We do not need or want a king.
                                Last edited by oxmixmudd; 10-14-2021, 11:46 AM.

Comment