Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump calls for Republican boycott of upcoming elections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    It's not media hype CP.
    A clear example, Jim - the claim that a Capital Police Officer was bludgeoned to death with a fire extinguisher. No proof whatsoever of that, it was debunked within a day, yet the media kept repeating it, and so did the Democrats as they were preparing impeachment documents. An outright lie.

That's one solid example, but there are others.

And I've never seen you ask that question of me before (which means I just missed it, not that you didn't ask it).

So my answer is: No, I don't believe the media and bit tech helped drag Biden to victory. I think Biden won because Trump is so bad that there was a large number of registered republicans that could see that even progressive liberals were less of a danger to our nation that what Donald Trump is cooking. And with Jan 6, our concerns were shown to be valid on a scale close to worst case (If the military had not pushed back and said no to Trump's desire to use them, we would not have a republic any longer). We came way to close with Trump I. If we ever see Trump II, it's over.
    So, how do you explain the vast number of Democrats who regret voting for Biden. Sure, they hated Trump, but as they are getting to know things many of us already knew about Biden, they're regretting their votes. Had the media done it's job and been as honest about Biden as they were brutal about Trump, things may have been much different.

And the Russian Collusion thing --- that continues to crumble as we speak. That was promoted by the media and suppressed by Big Tech. Can you honestly dispute that?

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
      My takeaway is that either Trump is an idiot or he's working for the Democrats.
      It means that your esteemed leader has a head full of mashed potato, not that it matters to his followers. Stop the steal.

All this is doing massive damage to the ailing USA.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

A clear example, Jim - the claim that a Capital Police Officer was bludgeoned to death with a fire extinguisher. No proof whatsoever of that, it was debunked within a day, yet the media kept repeating it, and so did the Democrats as they were preparing impeachment documents. An outright lie.

That's one solid example, but there are others.
        It's not a solid example CP. The man died, he died most likely as a result of what happened, but not from being hit with a fire extinguisher. That was a misleading early report that was later shown to be false.

So, how do you explain the vast number of Democrats who regret voting for Biden. Sure, they hated Trump, but as they are getting to know things many of us already knew about Biden, they're regretting their votes. Had the media done it's job and been as honest about Biden as they were brutal about Trump, things may have been much different.
        Well first I don't know ANY democrats that regret voting against Trump. Dissatisfaction with Biden after the fact does not equate to wishing they had not voted for Biden, or wishing they HAD voted for Trump. That said, I'd be curious what information it is you are interpreting as implying "vast numbers of Democrats that regret voting for Biden".

And the Russian Collusion thing --- that continues to crumble as we speak. That was promoted by the media and suppressed by Big Tech. Can you honestly dispute that?
        No it doesn't CP. Only strawman versions of it 'crumble as we speak'. Trump was willing to accept help from them and even asked for it openly. And I for one do not find an unwillingness to prosecute him for it any sort of vindication. Further, what Trump did in trying to force another country to be involved in finding dirt on Biden was itself criminal. And he should have been removed from office for it. What he did in terms of trying to overthrow the election and violently stop it on Jan 6 was treasonous, and at the very least he should be banished from ever being involved in politics again for it. This is what the reality is.
        My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

It's not a solid example CP. The man died, he died most likely as a result of what happened, but not from being hit with a fire extinguisher. That was a misleading early report that was later shown to be false.
          You missed the point where it was repeated as a lie both by the media and the Democrats even when it was KNOWN not to be true.

Well first I don't know ANY democrats that regret voting against Trump. Dissatisfaction with Biden after the fact does not equate to wishing they had not voted for Biden, or wishing they HAD voted for Trump. That said, I'd be curious what information it is you are interpreting as implying "vast numbers of Democrats that regret voting for Biden".
          Quite honestly, I believe it would be a waste of both your time and mine to go down that road.

No it doesn't CP. Only strawman versions of it 'crumble as we speak'. Trump was willing to accept help from them and even asked for it openly. And I for one do not find an unwillingness to prosecute him for it any sort of vindication. Further, what Trump did in trying to force another country to be involved in finding dirt on Biden was itself criminal. And he should have been removed from office for it. What he did in terms of trying to overthrow the election and violently stop it on Jan 6 was treasonous, and at the very least he should be banished from ever being involved in politics again for it. This is what the reality is.
          There is, quite obviously, no point in trying to discuss this with you. I'll disengage, and focus on other matters with you.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

If you can say things like that in light of Jan 6, his attempts to get the military involved, his continued attempts to stoke doubt about the election - then we just don't have any common ground for discussion.
            The peaceful protest on January 6 was never anything worth being concerned about, the proverbial tempest in a teapot, and certainly not something instigated by President Trump, despite what you might have heard from the mainstream media. Where was all this hand wringing when mobs of liberals were literally burning down their cities and committing murder? I'm not aware of even a single instance of vandalism inside the Capitol on January 6.

President Trump getting the military involved to overturn the election? Never happened. Was never even a consideration, despite what you might have heard from the mainstream media. It was apparently something Michael Flynn suggested during an interview, and "sources say" that President Trump expressed some interest in the idea, but "sources say" a lot of stuff that isn't true.

Continuing to stoke doubt about the election? It's no worse than what the Democrats did during the four years President Trump was in office, only in Trump's case, there is actual evidence that something funny was going on late into election night that suddenly flipped a solid win into a narrow loss.

So if you're looking for common ground to discuss false claims, sorry, you're not going to find it with me.
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

The ability to quickly think of and utter a bald faced lie is hardly an admirable trait.
              And it wasn't even smart. The fact she reacted to it just underscored how the media tries to gaslight the public by actually changing reality, which is why it became a meme. So she just made it worse. The smart thing would have been to just ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

The peaceful protest on January 6 was never anything worth being concerned about, the proverbial tempest in a teapot, and certainly not something instigated by President Trump, despite what you might have heard from the mainstream media. Where was all this hand wringing when mobs of liberals were literally burning down their cities and committing murder? I'm not aware of even a single instance of vandalism inside the Capitol on January 6.

President Trump getting the military involved to overturn the election? Never happened. Was never even a consideration, despite what you might have heard from the mainstream media. It was apparently something Michael Flynn suggested during an interview, and "sources say" that President Trump expressed some interest in the idea, but "sources say" a lot of stuff that isn't true.

Continuing to stoke doubt about the election? It's no worse than what the Democrats did during the four years President Trump was in office, only in Trump's case, there is actual evidence that something funny was going on late into election night that suddenly flipped a solid win into a narrow loss.

So if you're looking for common ground to discuss false claims, sorry, you're not going to find it with me.
                Pure delusion, but it's not just you that is on this path. All I can do is hope that this large scale delusion that drives Trump's base does not result in him gaining a second chance at the helm.
                My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                  https://www.nationalreview.com/news/...ing-elections/

Could this be a sign that he doesn't plan on running in 2024?
                  He was probably just being sarcastic.

Comment

Pure delusion, but it's not just you that is on this path. All I can do is hope that this large scale delusion that drives Trump's base does not result in him gaining a second chance at the helm.
                    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

And it wasn't even smart. The fact she reacted to it just underscored how the media tries to gaslight the public by actually changing reality, which is why it became a meme. So she just made it worse. The smart thing would have been to just ignore it.
                      Maybe it's one of those things like the "Yanny vs Laurel" where liberals hear "Let's go Brandon" because their brains are tripping.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Maybe it's one of those things like the "Yanny vs Laurel" where liberals hear "Let's go Brandon" because their brains are tripping.

IOW, she actually heard "let's go Brandon" because MSM lives in an alternate reality.

Comment

IOW, she actually heard "let's go Brandon" because MSM lives in an alternate reality.
                          Her liberal brain just couldn't process what was really being chanted so she heard "Let's go Brandon" instead because she was talking to Brandon.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Sure, they hated Trump, but as they are getting to know things many of us already knew about Biden, they're regretting their votes.
                            There are few if any Dems who regret voting for Biden over Trump. In the same sense that you can’t imagine the inverse, such as a Trump voter like yourself, ever regretting you didn’t cast your vote for Biden, no matter how inanely and cringeworthily Trump acted.

Comment

At a recent doctor's appointment, my doctor (he's in his 70s and at this point, will just say whatever he want, he doesn't care), was expressing his deep disappointment in Biden for not playing hardball enough with Republicans, but he did specify he didn't regret his vote because he saw the alternative as unthinkable.
                              "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                                At a recent doctor's appointment, my doctor (he's in his 70s and at this point, will just say whatever he want, he doesn't care), was expressing his deep disappointment in Biden for not playing hardball enough with Republicans, but he did specify he didn't regret his vote because he saw the alternative as unthinkable.
                                Anecdotal but exactly my point. CP must have forgotten that regret translates to voting for the other person.

Comment