Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

2018 Election - You Know it's Coming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018 Election - You Know it's Coming

Trump has about 18 months to prove he can do the job, or to fail so badly that a mid-term uprising will take the House and/or the Senate from him.

If Trump had lost - which I fully expected - our next best hope would have been to fight hard to keep (or regain) the House and Senate.

That, of course, will now be the Democrats' strategy - to take over the House and Senate in 2 years.

In the meantime, Trump has at least one SCOTUS seat to fill, and needs to get busy on the stuff he can do with a Republican Congress.

This next 2 years will be very interesting.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

18 months for the Trump Party to arrange the replacement of conservative/establishment congresspeople with loyal Trumpites.
    Middle-of-the-road swing voter. Feel free to sway my opinion.

Comment

Could we inaugurate the guy first?
      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Yttrium View Post
        18 months for the Trump Party to arrange the replacement of conservative/establishment congresspeople with loyal Trumpites.
        18 months to get enough dirt on everyone!!
        Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          Trump has about 18 months to prove he can do the job, or to fail so badly that a mid-term uprising will take the House and/or the Senate from him.

If Trump had lost - which I fully expected - our next best hope would have been to fight hard to keep (or regain) the House and Senate.

That, of course, will now be the Democrats' strategy - to take over the House and Senate in 2 years.

In the meantime, Trump has at least one SCOTUS seat to fill, and needs to get busy on the stuff he can do with a Republican Congress.

This next 2 years will be very interesting.
          Yea! More of the permanent campaign!

Considering that the party out of party usually does better in these elections I will be surprised if the Republicans retain control of the Senate. They have a razor thin majority now so the Democrats only need to do a wee bit better.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

Considering that the party out of party usually does better in these elections I will be surprised if the Republicans retain control of the Senate. They have a razor thin majority now so the Democrats only need to do a wee bit better.
            I think there are actually more Democrat seats at risk in the mid-term.... but the Republicans will really have to earn them.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

That shoulda been "party out of power"

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment