Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Taliban Hangs Four Bodies In Public Square in Western Afghanistan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by siam View Post
    History of Early Islam and Eastern Christianity.
    The relations were friendly...The Coptic Church sent presents to the Prophet Muhammed (pbuh) and the Ethiopian Christian king gave asylum to persecuted Muslims.
    Later, the Prophet made peace treaties with various groups and tribes and this included Christians of the region.....

Some of the peace treaties are.....
    https://www.islamicity.org/13868/tre...th-christians/

The Covenant of the Prophet Muhammad with the Monks of Mount Sinai
    The Covenant of the Prophet Muhammad with the Christians of Najran
    The Covenant of the Prophet Muhammad with the Assyrian Christians
    The Covenant of the Prophet Muhammad with the Christians of Persia
    The Covenant of the Prophet Muhammad with the Armenian Christians
    The Covenant of the Prophet Muhammad with the Coptic Christians of Egypt
    The Covenant of the Prophet Muhammad with the Syriac Orthodox Christians

Perhaps, one could speculate that one of many reasons for the rapid expansion of territories after the death of the Prophet may be due to these peace treaties that guaranteed Christians their "way of life" and protection....?.....
    They were so friendly and peaceful toward Christians that they forcibly seized control of the Western Mediterranean and North Africa and invaded Europe both through Spain and Southeastern Europe.

The reality

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by eider View Post

But you had no evidence MM.
      False. I provided a link describing the extent to which Muslim countries persecute and kill Christians, but you have twice ignored it. You are a dishonest debater.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by siam View Post
        ....Perhaps, one could speculate that one of many reasons for the rapid expansion of territories after the death of the Prophet may be due to these peace treaties that guaranteed Christians their "way of life" and protection....?.....
        Why would they need such protection? From whom? You kinda make Islam sound like the mafia that offers "protection" to shop owners in the form of "insurance".

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by eider View Post
          Not surprising that you might think that my interpretation of 'en masse' would mean 'en masse'.
          You don't get any points from me about that.
          Did somebody pee in your Wheaties?

So where has your OP got you?
          It doesn't need to "get me" anywhere - simply posted a report that the Taliban is acting up again.

Executed Criminals hung out as a deterrent to kidnap, abduction, murder....... not my idea of a good deterrent, but it is theirs, the Talibans'.
          How do we know they were kidnappers? Because the Taliban said so?
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            They were so friendly and peaceful toward Christians that they forcibly seized control of the Western Mediterranean and North Africa and invaded Europe both through Spain and Southeastern Europe.

The reality
            Actually Eastern Christians were persecuted by the Roman Church.....even before Islam...so the peace treaties with the Prophet might have been a means of getting out from such persecution......?......
            Spain/Iberian peninsula used to be Arian Christian (Goth, Vandals, Visigoths)) before it became Roman Christian (Visigoths invaded the region and later became Roman Christian and persecuted the Jews and Arian Christians)

Persecution of Christians by the Roman Church/Sate was also a problem in North Africa---and this included the Coptic Church. Part of the reason for the harsh conditions were the expensive wars between Persian and Roman empires that left their population exhausted and disillusioned.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Why would they need such protection? From whom? You kinda make Islam sound like the mafia that offers "protection" to shop owners in the form of "insurance".
              Perhaps....
              The Prophet was a Trader and the trade routes---both the silk route to the north and the maritime spice route to the south were important for the economy. During the war between Persian and Roman empires....the silk route had become neglected and were dangerous---goods crossing such large territories were easy prey to thieves. (War also meant many other industries were not working optimally and this effected the economies of the region). The expansion of the Caliphate not only brought a degree of peace...but also reconstruction---one area of reconstruction were the forts and caravenserai on the silk routes.
              Another were the old aqueducts and irrigation systems that had fallen into disrepair during the war---new ones were also built and this greatly helped agriculture---which in turn helped other industries and increased trade. Increase in trade meant an increase in protection along the trade routes because this was such an important aspect of the economy.

....but it (treaties) also meant protection from persecution......

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

False. I provided a link describing the extent to which Muslim countries persecute and kill Christians, but you have twice ignored it.
                Hang on! Your link showed countries like China as well.
                And you could not show a single genocide or en-masse event against Christians.
                But you'll know of several such events against Muslims, I'll bet.

You are a dishonest debater.
                You just don't like being caught out, is my guess.

And you failed to answer the question in post 119.
                Now, do you support the reception of Muslims in to political asylum who have helped and worked for Western forces in Afghanistan during these last twenty years? That's one action that the West can take to save from them being caught and executed and 'hung out in public places'.

Would you bring them to safety here and where you are?

Comment

Show me the part where they were concerned that Jesus loves His wine too much.
                  Show me where I wrote that 'Jesus loved his wine too much'. Just show exactly what I wrote, please.

I've got absolutely no problem with the fact that Jesus surely loved his food and wine, nor that he wanted to dine with just about anybody.
                  If that's a problem for you then I cannot help you.

Comment

And, from THAT, you get that they were worried that Jesus was a drunkard or something?

Matt 11:2 John sends his disciples to query Jesus.
                    11:3-5 Jesus gives His answer
                    11:7 John's disciples were leaving, then Jesus addresses those still present.

You sure have to read a LOT into the text to come up with your conclusions.
                    I don't call those who enjoy their wine (and winebibbers) drunkards!
                    Do you drink? Ever have drunk too much? Ever eaten too much? Do you think I'd look down on such conditions?

I know people who do look down on that, who argue that they wouldn't give a coin to a begging person for fear that he'd go off and buy 'white-lightning' or what there is in your shops.
                    I don't prejudge folks who like their wine. If you do then that might explain why you're so touchy about what is written (there) in Matthew and Luke.

Comment

A question about fasting. Nothing whatsoever about drinking.

Strike one.

Asking for confirmation. Nothing whatsoever to do about drinking.

Strike two.

I'm not even sure what you thought this proved or how you think it supported you.

Strike three. YOUR OUT!!!

Those verses lead in to ...........
                      Please wait before you throw,

Indeed, as several aside from myself explained. That was not as you erroneously initially claimed, what John was saying. The same folks who said John the Baptist "hath a devil" for not eating and drinking called Jesus "gluttonous, and a winebibber" because he did eat and drink. These were folks who were going to complain about anything and everything. If you don't do something you are condemned like John was, however, if you do it then they condemn you like they did Jesus. It's called a no-win situation or a lose-lose.
                      It was the folks who spoke of John who watched Jesus. John was far off in Perea, you need to remember. That's why he sent his disciples to enquire about what he had heard.

But you already struck out, so better luck next time
                      I know when you're on the back foot because you post up cheap rhetoric and silly vids.

I'll be sure to find someone who possesses at least a clue about what they are talking about rather someone so obviously ignorant and oblivious to that fact. Anywho, the next time you try to pontificate on something, at least get a basic grasp of the subject.
                      All the pontification is yours, I think. And all the insults.

Comment

Strike one.
                        Strike two.
                        Strike three. YOUR OUT!!!
                        Ha ha! NOT OUT!

Redirection from the question, much?
                        I asked whether you support the reception of Muslims in to political asylum who have helped and worked for Western forces in Afghanistan during these last twenty years?

Can you answer, please?

Comment

They were so friendly and peaceful toward Christians that they forcibly seized control of the Western Mediterranean and North Africa and invaded Europe both through Spain and Southeastern Europe. [CENTER]
                          Ummmm.......... and what did Christianity seize forcibly?
                          Like Christians, Muslim took control of and proselytized millions upon millions of peoples.
                          And yes..... they kicked Christians out of a few countries.

But Muhammad protected Christians in several situations as has been shown to you.

Now........ would you bring Muslims and their families to safety who fought with and supported Western forces in Afghanistan during twenty years of war?

Comment

Why would they need such protection? From whom? ..........................
                            The above sent to @siam

................ which yet again begs the question....... Would you support the reception of Muslims in to political asylum who have helped and worked for Western forces in Afghanistan during these last twenty years?

Comment

Did somebody pee in your Wheaties?
                              Rhetoric like the above is so telling, Cow Poke.

It doesn't need to "get me" anywhere - simply posted a report that the Taliban is acting up again.
                              Well thank goodness for that, because you've fallen a bit flat with this, I think.
                              Those criminals were killed in a gun battle, it was reported.
                              All the acting-up is over. We all got beaten there, just like the Russians, just like us Brits before that.

How do we know they were kidnappers? Because the Taliban said so?
                              You haven't read much about the Taliban. Couldn't have.
                              People who will throw themselves at death in battle don't tend to need to lie about stuff. People who hang out dead criminals as a deterrent are fairly direct.

Comment

Pretty much. Christians and Jews, as "people of the book," were granted protections not extended to others in exchange for higher taxes. But it is true that they were also afforded protection from various marauders in the exchange.
                                Siam's post #125 is not false - it just leaves out a few minor details.
                                Last edited by tabibito; 10-03-2021, 03:24 AM.
                                1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                                ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
                                Scripture before Tradition:
                                but that won't prevent others from
                                taking it upon themselves to deprive you
                                of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment