Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Voted. I picked...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voted. I picked...

Gary Johnson. Illinois is a safe bet for Clinton though. If not, I will eat a whole pecan pie with ice cream. I voted third party because I believe the competition will help make the other parties more honest, because the libertarians will hurt the Republicans more than the Democrats, and because I will enjoy the irony of the libertarians using federal matching funds to push for smaller government. Even though I thought he was an idiot, I decided I was too harsh in my assessment. In any case, he's the geographical-neophyte I picked over the self-confessed sexual assaulter, the political pro/con artist, and the doctor who thinks wifi gives you cancer. I was, and this is important, too lazy to read up on the nuts, kooks, and cranks who are the valid write in candidates. I'm sorry I didn't vote right in the poll from like three weeks ago.

At 6 am, there was already a line out the door. It only took about 20 minutes though to get through the line. There were no alt-right poll watchers there though it is possible I couldn't see them for the camo outfits. I did not see any corpses voting, though there was a woman who wanted to vote under her maiden name since she hadn't changed it on the voter registration yet. I was thinking of tackling her for America. RTT, there were indeed donuts behind the tables, I hope you got some where ever in America you are. This is a big day across America for Dunkin' Donuts.

Care to share who you voted for?
    What your donut brand is?
    What the polling conditions were?
    What are the best stories you saw today?

fwiw,
    guaca.
    "Down in the lowlands, where the water is deep,
    Hear my cry, hear my shout,
    Save me, save me"

I voted for Trump, my polling place was very busy - the poll watchers said it was about the busiest they have seen since 2008.
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by guacamole View Post
      If not, I will eat a whole pecan pie with ice cream.
      As Jed would say, why limit yourself?
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
        I voted for Trump, my polling place was very busy - the poll watchers said it was about the busiest they have seen since 2008.
        Vermont? Or some state where Hilary is bound to win? I imagine this is potentially a record setting day.
        Save me, save me"

Comment

Vermont? Or some state where Hilary is bound to win? I imagine this is potentially a record setting day.
          Connecticut - which will go Hillary... But a lot of Trump people out.
          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Did you guys forget

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I forgot, but I lean democratic so I can just go vote again.
              Save me, save me"

Comment

I forgot, but I lean democratic so I can just go vote again.
                Yes, yes you can...

Comment

I voted for a write-in third party candidate. I need to try and avoid facebook this week.

Comment

Originally posted by LeaC View Post
                    I voted for a write-in third party candidate. I need to try and avoid facebook this week.
                    No. You get on there. And you fight with those people. You owe it to them to make their time on facebook as miserable as yours has been.
                    Save me, save me"

Comment

I voted today. My polling place was moved and combined with another creating parking problems and long lines. Also there was road construction right next to the place which forced me to detour and have to circle around to get to it.

Why do I mention this? Because in 2000 the press somberly cited things like this in Florida as examples of attempts at voter suppression. Even things like a black man saying he was intimidated by the fact that while driving to his polling place he had to pass a police officer giving a ticket to another motorist.

So I wonder if Jaecp, JimL, Starlight and crew will commiserate with me as I overcame blatant attempts to keep me from voting

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                        I voted today. My polling place was moved and combined with another creating parking problems and long lines. Also there was road construction right next to the place which forced me to detour and have to circle around to get to it.

Why do I mention this? Because in 2000 the press somberly cited things like this in Florida as examples of attempts at voter suppression. Even things like a black man saying he was intimidated by the fact that while driving to his polling place he had to pass a police officer giving a ticket to another motorist.

So I wonder if Jaecp, JimL, Starlight and crew will commiserate with me as I overcame blatant attempts to keep me from voting
                        I feel for ya rogue06. It must be the democrats trying to discourage you from voting. The construction was probably a government job, set up by Obama months ago to make it difficult for you to get to the polls. They figured the long lines would frustrate you and you would turn away and not vote.

In fact, I think I saw a memo from John Podestra mentioning this plan and your name in the wikileaks emails.

Don't listen to Jaecp or the others. They obviously are part of the conspiracy and are paid agents of the Hillary campaign.

Comment

... Illinois is a safe bet for Clinton though. If not, I will eat a whole pecan pie with ice cream. ...
                          I recommend Kentucky Bourbon Pecan Pie. Of course the recipe calls for using Bourbon prior to cooking it, but for the full effect, you have to pour another shot (or two) of Bourbon over your piece of pie just before eating it.
                          אָכֵ֕ן אַתָּ֖ה אֵ֣ל מִסְתַּתֵּ֑ר אֱלֹהֵ֥י יִשְׂרָאֵ֖ל מוֹשִֽׁיעַ׃

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                            Did you guys forget

[ATTACH=CONFIG]19452[/ATTACH]
                            I voted for rogue06 for Javelin Catcher for the Russian Olympics, and Sparko for Lightening Magnet Rod Tester.

In the election I voted Democratic, which was especially important for North Carolina. In voting fo Clinton it was the best of two bad alternatives. For the NC state candidates it was voting for the best choice, and I proud of these votes.
                            Last edited by shunyadragon; 11-08-2016, 11:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
                              I voted for rogue06 for Javelin Catcher for the Russian Olympics, and Sparko for Lightening Magnet Rod Tester
                              I thank you for your vote! I hear lightning is the number one way to gain superpowers.

Comment