Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Stein: Clinton Will Lead Us To Nuclear War...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stein: Clinton Will Lead Us To Nuclear War...

Perhaps

http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presid...aiting-happen/
    Last edited by seer; 11-07-2016, 09:44 AM.
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

It's Breibart, therefore anything Stein may have said is null and void.

Comment

It's Stein. Therefore anything Stein said is null and void.
      "Down in the lowlands, where the water is deep,
      Hear my cry, hear my shout,
      Save me, save me"

Comment

Hillary made it perfectly clear that she's willing to go to war with a country that engages in cyber attacks (obviously referencing Russia even though the evidence they were involved in hacking DNC is flimsy in spite of her insistence to the contrary). So, she's essentially willing to engage in a nuclear war with a country she believes hacked us in spite of evidence being flimsy. She's referred to Putin as Hitler. She was behind the Iraq war (indirectly), the Libyan war, and the utter mess in Syria. She's such a bloodlusting ghoul that she laughed at the thought of a world leader getting tortured and killed on video and thousands of people dying in the process. The warmongering neoconservatives love her (I wonder why). She openly supports a no-fly zone in Syria, which would lead to war with Russia. The assumption she'll lead us to a nuclear conflict is probably one of the most logical and rational assumptions one could make here.

Comment

Definitely one of the reasons I don't like Hillary. Though the risk of nuclear war, is on Putin. He threatened bombing ukraine with one. Then again he threatens to do that quite often, and he hasn't made a serious threat of it. Don't see why he should. He'd lose everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
            Definitely one of the reasons I don't like Hillary. Though the risk of nuclear war, is on Putin. He threatened bombing ukraine with one. Then again he threatens to do that quite often, and he hasn't made a serious threat of it. Don't see why he should. He'd lose everything.
            Maskirovka is a beautiful thing

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
              If two nuclear superpowers go to blows, it's going to eventually lead to a nuclear conflict. The weapons today are too destructive for one or the other side to concede defeat in a peaceful manner. It's going to be to the total death of one of the countries, and no country is going to allow its military to be utterly wiped out without pushing the button at that point.
              Last edited by seanD; 11-07-2016, 03:52 PM.

Comment

We managed to go through an entire Cold War without lighting up with Russia directly. There's no particular reason to think now is any different.

Comment

Correct, because we never went to physical blows. I also don't recall the circumstances being remotely the same, much less the leaders in charge.

Comment

We won't go to physical blows now. There isn't an Iron Curtain this time around. Hillary can just talk to Putin on the phone and tell him whats what.

Comment

Depends on whether Hillary's rhetoric is empty or not. She could be talking tough because she feels the need to do so to prove she's tough in spite of her geneder (though that's sort of a weird campaign strategy for a Democrat), or she could be a bloodlusting psychopath that finds world leaders getting killed on video funny. Who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaecp View Post
                        Hillary can just talk to Putin on the phone and tell him whats what.
                        Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                        sigpic
                        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
                          If two nuclear superpowers go to blows, it's going to eventually lead to a nuclear conflict. The weapons today are too destructive for one or the other side to concede defeat in a peaceful manner. It's going to be to the total death of one of the countries, and no country is going to allow its military to be utterly wiped out without pushing the button at that point.
                          There are way too many assumptions here, not least that "total death" and "utterly wiped out" are even achievable goals. Add in there defense against such threats is in place.
                          I'm not here anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Carrikature View Post
                            There are way too many assumptions here, not least that "total death" and "utterly wiped out" are even achievable goals. Add in there defense against such threats is in place.
                            Right, like, MAD isn't exactly the best, but it's not like Russia wants a shooting war with the US any more than we do and they are well aware of the gaps between our first strike capabilities.

Comment

Originally posted by Carrikature View Post
                              Dude, it was hyperbole for a terrible unimaginable situation. A country can't die for petesake. I have to spell that out for you? The point was that I doubt a superpower will sit back and watch its military devastated by the destructive weapons we have today without resorting to desperate means, particularly when it has the means to strike back with equal or greater devastating results. We're in a completely different era than conflicts of the past.

Comment