Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

An obstetrician's opinion

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Maybe you need to stop being such a horrendously hypocritical and be more PRECISE.
    I am being precise. In response to my question:

"So would you compel a brain damaged fourteen year old to give birth to the child of her rapist? Or insist a woman continue with a pregnancy where the foetus had no brain and would not survive more than a few hours after delivery?"

mossrose replied:

"I'm fairly certain that NO obstetrician or any other doctor sees that sort of thing "every week". Those things are indeed rare."

Dr Karkowsky never stated that she saw those precise conditions every week.

Might I ask if you ever studied literary comprehension when you were at school? To employ a line from the movie Erin Brockovich "Because you suck at it".
    Last edited by Hypatia_Alexandria; 09-13-2021, 05:30 PM.
    "It ain't necessarily so
    The things that you're liable
    To read in the Bible
    It ain't necessarily so
    ."

Sportin' Life
    Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

• Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post
      Dr Karkowsky never stated that she saw those precise conditions every week.
      So you flat out lied about what she said? It was YOUR words, and I used the QUOTE function, not just a distortion of what you actually said like you frequently do.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I have never seen anybody so bloomin' STUPID with such an expansive vocabulary. Nobody claimed you SAID that -- it's what you seemed to be IMPLYING, or why else would you bring it up?

OK, I'll type this very slowly...... the articles are about POSSIBLE risks..... absolutely NO REASON to suggest that a sonogram should not be used on a pregnant woman --- therefore, it was really really STUPID even to bring it into this discussion.

If you were NOT trying to suggest that there was a problem with using sonograms in pregnancy centers, then why did you start this idiotic derail in the first place?
        I have not written that DUS should never be used.

Again you display clear evidence that you have either forgotten what I wrote or you never actually read my comments.
        "It ain't necessarily so
        To read in the Bible
        It ain't necessarily so
        ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

Again you display clear evidence that you have either forgotten what I wrote or you never actually read my comments.
          YOU don't even read what you write.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

So you flat out lied about what she said? It was YOUR words, and I used the QUOTE function, not just a distortion of what you actually said like you frequently do.
            She wrote that "Every week, I see examples of morally necessary pregnancy terminations that, under the Texas law, could put doctors in legal jeopardy." Those examples will be varied and diverse.

She then cited some of the cases she has seen.
            Last edited by Hypatia_Alexandria; 09-13-2021, 05:31 PM.
            "It ain't necessarily so
            To read in the Bible
            It ain't necessarily so
            ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

Maybe your German-to-English translation device has a virus? Nobody ever claimed you said that, dingbat.

Attached Files
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by mossrose View Post

YOU don't even read what you write.
                What do you think? Could she be this stupid? Could it be a translation problem? I'm absolutely amazed and astounded.

Comment

Firstly no one has alleged that an obstetrician "sees that sort of thing every week" but secondly [and tragically] such instances do occur. .

So you didn't even read the article you posted in the OP, where she claimed they (morally necessary abortions) were seen every week?

My goodness, you're just digging and digging and don't know when to stop. Honestly at this point it would be less embarrassing for you and everyone else if you just left your own thread and never spoke of this fiasco again.

the secondhand embarassment just watching you drunkenly stumble through your own thread is just off the charts for me.
                  Last edited by Gondwanaland; 09-13-2021, 05:38 PM.

Comment

What do you think? Could she be this stupid? Could it be a translation problem? I'm absolutely amazed and astounded.
                    I think she is just so determined to be right that she will not admit when she is proven wrong. Over and over again.

Or, she could be this stupid.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Maybe your German-to-English translation device has a virus? Nobody ever claimed you said that, dingbat.

[ATTACH]temp_48238_1631572241992_844[/ATTACH]
                      Here is the relevant section of what you wrote:

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

absolutely NO REASON to suggest that a sonogram should not be used on a pregnant woman ---
                      [My emphasis]

I never suggested "that a sonogram should not be used on a pregnant woman."

You are alleging I wrote something I did not.
                      "It ain't necessarily so
                      To read in the Bible
                      It ain't necessarily so
                      ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

She wrote that "Every week, I see examples of morally necessary pregnancy terminations that, under the Texas law, could put doctors in legal jeopardy." Those examples will be varied and diverse.

She then cited some of the cases she has seen.
                        Let's skip your dishonest tactics and just get back to my point.....

What this abortion advocate would see as "morally necessary pregnancy terminations" is probably on a par with what your country's most infamous leader would see as "morally necessary human terminations".

Comment

Here is the relevant section of what you wrote:

[My emphasis]

I never suggested "that a sonogram should not be used on a pregnant woman."

You are alleging I wrote something I did not.
                          You, my dear, are dumber than squid poop.

Comment

You, my dear, are dumber than squid poop.
                            Might I suggest you act your age and not your hat size.
                            "It ain't necessarily so
                            To read in the Bible
                            It ain't necessarily so
                            ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

• Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

So you didn't even read the article you posted in the OP, where she claimed they (morally necessary abortions) were seen every week?

My goodness, you're just digging and digging and don't know when to stop. Honestly at this point it would be less embarrassing for you and everyone else if you just left your own thread and never spoke of this fiasco again.

the secondhand embarassment just watching you drunkenly stumble through your own thread is just off the charts for me.
                              You made me laugh so hard I scared Jake....... "yes, we must never speak of this again".

let-us-never-speak-of-this-again.jpg

Comment

Might I suggest you act your age and not your hat size.
                                Might I suggest you wait til you sober before you continue this grand fiasco?

Comment